Rain chaos in Pattaya as district chief on scene of tour bus that fell down a hole

webfact

4 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Still closed heading to Sattahip direction. 

Impossible to get out at the junction with plad wan.

Can only turn left.

Plus the volume of traffic stops you getting over to the right to get down Klang.  3pm

If you look right, as you come out of Soi Siam you will see that they are erecting a footbridge across Sukhumvit. Will cause disruption for the rest of the week. Nothing to do with floods.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lapd said:

It is washed away where it was planned to do that.  Did you happen to notice how the sidewalk is shaped like a trough in those locations before coming on here to knee jerk whine?  They had the pumps down there running as well.  I would be a lot worse otherwise.

Obviously they know the water is going to go down to the beach where the walkway is shaped like a trough so they probably have something planned in those locations.  I don't know what you are whining about with sand bags.  It's a construction site with sand bags in some areas.  That was there before the rain but that doesn't seem to stop the serial whining hyperbole.

...Redicurous post   ..those areas you  call ''shaped like a trough'' ..those are for utility vehicles to have acssess to the foot path...hahah  run off troughs onto the beach ....have a good one

Edited by mok199
s
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

...Redicurous post   ..those areas you  call ''shaped like a trough'' ..those are for utility vehicles to have acssess to the foot path...hahah  run off troughs onto the beach ....have a good one

Apparently you do not understand how water flows.  Once you figure it out get back to us, mkay.

36 minutes ago, lapd said:

Apparently you do not understand how water flows.  Once you figure it out get back to us, mkay.

dude..the failed soi 6 pumps ....if you ever get down our way check it out.and, ''get back to us''...trough 55555

Edited by mok199

13 minutes ago, balo said:

Its been some heavy rain showers lately , I expect more to come the next 2-3 weeks. 

Other than this one rain for 3 hours there has been almost nothing the past few weeks.  At least not in Pattaya. I constantly check the rain radar website before going out.  It has shown some heavy rainfall in other parts of Thailand but most of it has missed Pattaya.  

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, lapd said:

At least not in Pattaya.

I have been in Bangkok the last week , it was raining almost daily .

So yes, most of the predicted weather must have missed Pattaya. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Just1Voice said:

If that's Patt's after just ONE HOUR of heavy rain, I would hate to see it if got hit with THREE HOURS of downpour like we've had here in Chiang Mai 4-5 times so far this year.  

Quite normal for the beloved Pattaya. I was in KFC in Festival one day overlooking Beach Rd. After a few minutes of an average rainfall the water level was over the pavement. That's what happens when you widen the road and block all the existing drains, which seemed to work quite well.

As long as the mob up in the big office don't get affected, don't expect much to change.