Internet celebrity 'Mynk' confesses: My pregnancy was a big lie

webfact

Mynk confesses: My pregnancy was a big lie

By KESINEE TANGKHIEW 
THE NATION

9c7bd7884d78897bb228c6dc3af4a0e3.jpeg

Sawapat “Mynk” Sunthornnant

AN INTERNET celebrity on Tuesday confessed she had fabricated a story about being impregnated by her teen heartthrob ex-boyfriend, saying she only did it because she wanted him to return to her.

Sawapat “Mynk” Sunthornnant, 23, apologised to the public and anyone she had caused trouble with her claim that Chonlathorn “Captain” Kongyingyong, 20, had fathered her child.

She was speaking after attending the first negotiation session at the Criminal Court, where Chonlathorn had filed a defamation suit against her.

Speaking in front of the court building, Suwapat admitted that her claim about the pregnancy with Chonlathorn was not true.

“I made it up because I love him and did not want to lose him. That led to my claim about the pregnancy. I was not thinking clearly and did it impulsively. I wish to apologise to all parties, Captain, his parents and those involved,” she said.

She said she had invented the story in the hope it would convince him to return to her, which he did not.

The court heard that her claim had put Chonlathorn in a difficult position and led to him having work cancelled and facing an accusation of being irresponsible.

Asked why she had not come clean sooner, she said things had got out of hand since it happened.

Chonlathorn, accompanied by his lawyer, told reporters that he was relieved that the truth had finally come out.

“The negotiation went well and both parties understand each other. We should now get on with our lives. Before, I wanted to know why she did this; now I know that she did it because she loved me,” he said.

d0ae71f6bbef131845d09b3f1b2e6003.jpeg

Chonlathorn “Captain” Kongyingyong

He added that he did not feel angry at her since she had already apologised. “I also want to say sorry, as this happened partly because of me,” he said.

His lawyer added that his client would withdraw all the charges filed against Sawapat now that the matter had been settled.

Sawapat is an online celebrity with a large following and is often hired to attend events to attract visitors.

In September, she gave an interview to a newspaper, claiming that she was carrying a baby fathered by Chonlathorn, her ex-boyfriend. The story drew an outpouring of anger from netizens claiming that Chonlathorn did not want to take responsibility for his baby.

Chonlathorn then appeared at a press conference with Sawapat and said he would take full responsibility for the baby – but wanted tests to confirm if it was his. 

Sawapat failed to present a medical document to prove that she was pregnant and later wrote on her Facebook page that she had lost the baby due to the stress.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30353743

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-05
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Sawapat “Mynk” Sunthornnant / Chonlathorn “Captain” Kongyingyong

Let's make a movie out of that, "The Minx and Captain Kong".

Everyone who liked those coma-inducing flicks about catatonic Bella and her vampire lover surely will love this one.

we have a kid named captain near us, his brother is named google and there is also baby you tube and iPhone in the family, I kid you not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

...and the youth'....are following....this utter !@#$%^&*'... (?)...

...who will say....and do (?).....anything...to get her way.....

...layer upon layer of complex fabrication....

...(then they want to complain about 'others' being the source of all the social problems...and....tarnishing the image of the country)..???

...oh wait...she apologized....okay then....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

we have a kid named captain near us, his brother is named google and there is also baby you tube and iPhone in the family, I kid you not

That's because the names "Pee, Poo, and PeePoo" are already too common here.

Highlights of the naming in Asia include: "Kevin Dragon", "Elvis Banana Wong", "Sherlock", "Apple" and "Creamy". "Hitler Wong", "Jackal Chang", "Psyche", "Hot Sauce" "Kinki"  “Sky", and even “Boot.”

Or how about Forest, Navy, Earthquake, Coffee, Sky, Orange, Pear, Toyota Fen, Turkey, Atom, and Ariel. But you know that happens in Europe too, when a dozen asylum seekers without a passport from Africa show up, half of whom insist to be "Johnny Walker".

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

STOP making stupid people famous! A dozen mics to record a statement from a choir boy. Was he predicting the arrival of aliens?

a dozen mics cause stuff like this makes money in their tabloid society

• Sad 1

On 9/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, Orton Rd said:

That's good! My neighbours are: Mooey, Pooey, Tap & Tooey

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 7:48 AM, lamyai3 said:

After seeing how she spells Mink, it's not really a surprise. I also think after seeing the picture that Captain ought to change his name to Cabin Boy. 

I was thinking the same thing.

Captain? Kid looks barely capable of being Bosuns mate.

There is probably a good reason he didn't think he could have father the child. It's called puberty.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 7:48 AM, lamyai3 said:

After seeing how she spells Mink, it's not really a surprise. I also think after seeing the picture that Captain ought to change his name to Cabin Boy. 

What is wrong at her spelling?

www.urbandictionary.com

noun someone who is childishly cute, artistic, innocent and like a monkey, from which the letters M Y N K are derived from

For me it looks like 100% correct. :)

On 10/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, somchaiq said:

What is wrong at her spelling?

www.urbandictionary.com

noun someone who is childishly cute,  artistic, innocent and like a  monkey, from which  the letters M Y N K are derived from

For me it looks like 100% correct. ????

Learn something new every day! I think Mynkey might be a better choice here though, as in "Have you got a licence for your mynkey?"