Barring women from police academy 'does not discriminate,' police chief says

snoop1130

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Wow. It does look like all police will come from the military as greeneking stated. Now this is truly a junta full takeover. Combine this with all conscripts and Ror Dor students  are still in reserves until they are 40 years old, then they have effectively controlled and owned a majority of people under their iron fist. Perhaps 40% of the population. 

Reuters states that the “Volunteer Spirit” scheme, “officially began in 2017,  has created a new army of civilians who have pledged their allegiance.  Unwise to say to whom.

It is reported that 4 million have “volunteered.”  Public works to make clear their loyalty to the country and to show their availability any time  they are called.

volunteers.png

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, manarak said:

well, Mr. police chief, you are wrong.

let's hope some lobby opens a court case about this. Thailand's law actually prohibits what the police is doing.

I'd like to agree with you, manarak, but without you naming or quoting a reference to this law, I cannot. Can you finish what you started?

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

I'd like to agree with you, manarak, but without you naming or quoting a reference to this law, I cannot. Can you finish what you started?

All too easy to answer - The 2016 Constitution!

But whether the police can be compelled to comply is questionable given the current regime.

Chapter III "Rights and Liberties of the Thai People, Article 27*:

"All persons are equal before the law, and shall have rights and liberties and be protected equally under the law.   Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.   Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic and social standing, religious belief, education, or political view which is not contrary to the provisions of the Constitution, or on any other grounds shall not be permitted." (my underline emphasis)

Furthermore, under Article 25:

"Any person whose rights or liberties protected under the Constitution are violated, can invoke the provisions of the Constitution to exercise his or her right to bring a lawsuit or to defend himself or herself in the Court." (my underline emphasis)

*translation has been prepared by Legal Opinion and Translation Section, Foreign Law Division under the legal duty of the Office of the Council of State for information purpose only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

are women allowed to drive cars in your male dominated world, it's like something you might hear from the middle east - you can swing it whatever way you like but it is discrimination

The stupidity of the uneducated  raises hits head again - it really is time this country gets rid of the buffoons and starts to put in place educated people 

Lets do a roll call - how many people currently (or even in the past) running this country  have a university education...……………….……?

IQ

Sorry but a uni education, in my experience, does not always make for intelligence.

• Thanks 2

If not "Discrimination" the what in the hell do you call it. So if one of the so called "Hi-So"s or government officials has a sexual relation with an underage girl,then that would not be considered a crime because some BIB or government official declares that it is OK to do that. Ah Yes ,As Barnard Trink first phrased it in the old Bangkok World news paper "TIT".

Edited by AsiaHand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

All too easy to answer - The 2016 Constitution!

But whether the police can be compelled to comply is questionable given the current regime.

Chapter III "Rights and Liberties of the Thai People, Article 27*:

"All persons are equal before the law, and shall have rights and liberties and be protected equally under the law.   Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.   Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic and social standing, religious belief, education, or political view which is not contrary to the provisions of the Constitution, or on any other grounds shall not be permitted." (my underline emphasis)

Furthermore, under Article 25:

"Any person whose rights or liberties protected under the Constitution are violated, can invoke the provisions of the Constitution to exercise his or her right to bring a lawsuit or to defend himself or herself in the Court." (my underline emphasis)

*translation has been prepared by Legal Opinion and Translation Section, Foreign Law Division under the legal duty of the Office of the Council of State for information purpose only.

Thanks, Srikcir. So there are some good bits to that constitution, then?