Pattaya taxi mafia thwarted as Bangkok cabby let go after gun complaint

webfact

Pattaya taxi mafia thwarted as Bangkok cabby let go after gun complaint

10pm_VID.jpg

A Bangkok cabby had just delivered his passenger to an address on Prathumnak Hill when a woman by the side of the road called him over.

The cabby - Thipcharoen Phochanote, 40 - stopped to find out where she wanted to go.

He was then approached by a Pattaya cabby who asked him what he was doing on their turf. The woman was told not to get in.

Thipcharoen was soon surrounded by a pack Pattaya drivers.

Seeing the situation was getting out of hand Thipcharoen said that they should back off - he said he had a gun in his cab.

The Pattaya cabbies phoned the police who set up roadblocks that led to the taxi being stopped in the Sai 2 area of South Pattaya.

No gun was found and after a brief conversation and a report taken the Bangkok cabby was allowed to go back to the capital without charge.

A video and story about the incident appeared on Pattaya Online News on Facebook.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-06

Actually there are far too many taxis in Bangkok, maybe 400-500 of them should all roll into Pattaya at the same time and start to offer service here.

If they used their meters, then they would get busy quickly, and maybe make more money than in Bangkok as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

Actually there are far too many taxis in Bangkok, maybe 400-500 of them should all roll into Pattaya at the same time and start to offer service here.

If they used their meters, then they would get busy quickly, and maybe make more money than in Bangkok as well.

Many of them would die.

• Like 1

Pattaya taxi drivers can collectively **** my ****. It's the law they use their meters but they don't. I always want to get in the taxi and have them drive me to Pattaya police station and tell the poilce they refused to turn on the meter. I wonder what would happen.  

Bangkok drivers did the right and smart thing by saying he had a gun the cowards ran and let him go! 

In my younger days, if someone said he had a gun, I usually say where is it? if he said it was in the car and he was outside before he could finish the word car I would be on and off him like white on rice before he knew it!?

So the question is, why didn't they set up road block and arrest all the cabbies who assaulted this guy?  You do notice the the BIB simply let assault go?  Go ahead and assault the populace - there will be no sanctions.  And they do! 

3 hours ago, irishken said:

Exactly. They were all big men until he said he had a gun and then they ring the Police.

Its like something you'd see Children doing. 

Pattaya taxi drivers don't need to carry guns.

The pay protection money to the BIB, so they just call it in and they do the dirty work. 

That's what you pay them for. Immunity.

Nothing mentioned about stopping the Bangkok taxi guytrying to get a return fare.

What happens when the Pattaya guys do a Bangkok airport  run, and look for a return fare to Pattaya?

Who dey gonna call if they were refused?

Big Jock?

So great to be out of Thailand back in a place where one doesn't have to pay NYC taxi cab rates for third-world infrastructure, which one is forced to pay for in Pattaya.

Nice to see Grab bikers actually proudly wear the company colors here, and not having to hide to use their excellent service!

WinBike and taxi mafia are undoubtedly one of the corruption cash cows of the brown shirts of Pattaya.

A plague on this trinity for the rip-off they administer to visitors and residents, which I'll certainly never forget.

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Pattaya taxi drivers can collectively **** my ****. It's the law they use their meters but they don't. I always want to get in the taxi and have them drive me to Pattaya police station and tell the poilce they refused to turn on the meter. I wonder what would happen.  

just try but I hope you like fighting with 5-6 taxi drivers 

good luck 

Back home, if a cabbie gets a "fare" into an area outside the one covered by his PSV ( public service vehicle) licence, it is ok to do that run....but he is not allowed to "pick up" a fare till he is back in his own jurisdiction. Common sense really. Each PSV licensed only covers the area where it is issued ...all would run amok otherwise 

Can I ask ??
What was a Motorbike Taxi Driver (Orange Vest in video)
doing , helping the police search the trunk of the car ................ ???????

Lots of motorcycle taxi drivers are also "volunteer police"....lots of eyes and ears on every street corner.