Immigration Moving Back To Airport

jeffandgop

15 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Possible update....I was at the Promenada yesterday afternoon (Friday), spoke to two separate officers who both told us that the move is now scheduled to start on Saturday 29th, not the 22nd. I'm not sure if the move has been postponed for a week or we were fed incorrect information.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It's probably been postponed.  You don't think the Governor would have told a porkie to the Consular Corp during their recent meeting, do you?  He also promised that the air quality is going to be much, much better next year also.

Well, at least they all had a good meal out of the meeting.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

There is nothing "best" about Promenada.

1.  Who want to do "window Shopping" unless it is for "eye candy" in which case it is the wrong place.

2. Why have to wait/waste all that time at the "Zoo" went you don't want/need to!

The Prom is like a mausoleum, it`s a vacuum of large grey open space and a depressing environment. The only times I visit is when having to deal with immigration, once done all I want is out of there.

Regarding the old new near airport building, the elderly or those who are not so mobile will have to use agents. I will be travelling there by motorbike, would not even attempt going there by car. For those brave or stupid enough to go by car, maybe better off trying to park at the airport which is closer then the Airport Plaza.

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

The Prom is like a mausoleum, it`s a vacuum of large grey open space and a depressing environment. The only times I visit is when having to deal with immigration, once done all I want is out of there.

Regarding the old new near airport building, the elderly or those who are not so mobile will have to use agents. I will be travelling there by motorbike, would not even attempt going there by car. For those brave or stupid enough to go by car, maybe better off trying to park at the airport which is closer then the Airport Plaza.

Why would the elderly or infirm have to use agents?

There is a priority system for exactly those people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I`m talking about travelling there and being able to park.

Other points: if the practice of morons being allowed to use sitters is continued and others of certain age being given priority, this means those like me have even less chance of gaining a number slot for the day, and will be pushed to pay an agent. I do believe it`s a good idea to have priority service for certain applicants, but I very much doubt immigration will lay on separate officers to deal with priority applicants, which means those like me will always be at the ass end of the queue.

36 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m talking about travelling there and being able to park.

Other points: if the practice of morons being allowed to use sitters is continued and others of certain age being given priority, this means those like me have even less chance of gaining a number slot for the day, and will be pushed to pay an agent. I do believe it`s a good idea to have priority service for certain applicants, but I very much doubt immigration will lay on separate officers to deal with priority applicants, which means those like me will always be at the ass end of the queue.

Right where you belong at the ass end.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

From Chiangmai Imm website today.

"Moved to Chiang Mai Immigration

Immigration Chiang Mai Will move back to Immigration Chiangmai 71 Moo 3, Airport Road, Suthep, Muang Chiang Mai For further information, please contact the office of the Foreign Service Director. 0 5320 1755 Fax 0 5327 7510 Investigations 0 5328 2289 Call Center 1178 

Relocation of Chiang Mai Immigration

Chiang Mai Immigration will move to the Chiang Mai Immigration Building, at 71 Moo 3, Sanambin Road, Suthep, Muang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50200 (near the airport) on September 24, 2018. For more information please contact General Staff and Service for Foreigner Sub-Division Tel: 0 5320 1755 Fax: 0 5327 7510 Investigation Sub-Division Tel: 0 5328 2289 Call Center 1178 

清迈 移民局 搬迁 通知

清迈 移民局 将于 年 年 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址 旧址, 地址 是 是 旧址 旧址 旧址 话 话 话 话 话 话联系 外事 及 及 外国人 服务. 电话: 053201755 传真: 053277510 呼叫 呼叫 联系 方式 方式 电话: 053282289 呼叫 中心 1178

チ ェ 入 入 監理 監理 の ら ら ら ら ら ら

住所 年 年 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所 住所先 管理 ビ ビ ス ス "

But things have been known to change! ?

And still no parking at the Airport location.  ☹️

I went there once prior to their moving to Promenada. It was at that moment while I was sitting in the small waiting room with 100 other people at a temperature of 40+C that I decided that using a visa agent wasn't that expensive after all. 

Edited by NaamGin

On 9/8/2018 at 7:15 AM, Vacuum said:

One could also use the Central Airport Plaza parking (free), a 10 minutes walk though.

It's only free if you are riding a motorbike, cars and pickups pay are usual.

Parking across the street from the immigration building in the gas station is only 20 baht if memory serves me. 

There is more parking at immigration by the airport than before they erected the new building. There is a drive completely around the new building with some parking on all sides. However, the parking has been almost full every time I have been there recently.

What makes sense to me is that with the new building they will not need the other buildings that are there now. So once they occupy the new building they could raze the old buildings and possibly create enough parking.

1 minute ago, grin said:

There is more parking at immigration by the airport than before they erected the new building. There is a drive completely around the new building with some parking on all sides. However, the parking has been almost full every time I have been there recently.

What makes sense to me is that with the new building they will not need the other buildings that are there now. So once they occupy the new building they could raze the old buildings and possibly create enough parking.

Create new parking OMG that needs planning set up a committee lol

1 hour ago, grin said:

Your post makes perfect sense, unfortunately that space has already been alocated for agents and food stalls.        ?

1 hour ago, NaamGin said:

It's only free if you are riding a motorbike, cars and pickups pay are usual.

Parking across the street from the immigration building in the gas station is only 20 baht if memory serves me. 

Parking at Central Airport Plaza is free. In addition parking is available at the spa across the road and no doubt both of the service stations will be happy to provide for the 20baht plus that you mentioned.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, Thailand said:

I would imagine the majority of the aged and infirm would have someone to assist or perhaps an organisation such that Nancy is/was involved in. I have a couple of friends that I will happily drive to immigration, drop off and park in immigration or across the road in the spa,airport plaza, pay a few baht to the fuel station or even the airport car park as a last resort.

Being one of the "morons" who is capable of doing their own paperwork who uses line sitters, there is nothing to stop you doing that and becoming another moron.  I am also one of the morons who helps reduce the queue for 90 day reports by doing them online or by post.

Anyway. Last week arrived at 7.25am, got our tickets at 8.10, went and had a coffee, left for home about 10.30 am. Saved ourselves around 12,000 baht by not using an agent ,they simply do the same job (getting the appointment) and charge more but of course individual choice.

I went last week, the sitter had #12 for me. I looked at the people ahead of me and figured most of them were too young for retirement extensions, and I was right, they were there for education visas which are also done at desk #3. I ended up as #5 for an extension, done and dusted at 10:30. Went to the copier place got prints of the passport with the extension, back in line for a re-entry permit and gone at 11:30. Shouldn't, and wouldn't have taken me that long, but all the people in front of me that had not done their paperwork properly, or in some cases at all, slowed everyone down.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:36 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Possible update....I was at the Promenada yesterday afternoon (Friday), spoke to two separate officers who both told us that the move is now scheduled to start on Saturday 29th, not the 22nd. I'm not sure if the move has been postponed for a week or we were fed incorrect information.

I was there (again) on Sep 10, that is Monday i.e. after you, and they announced repeatedly on the speakers that they will start at the new (old) location on Sep 24.

There was no mention of which services, so one has to assume all services.

On 9/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, Thailand said:

Then there is priority given to those who are physically disabled in some way, as well as to people of what age?

Are there special lines or windows for these priority groups?

17 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Then there is priority given to those who are physically disabled in some way, as well as to people of what age?

Are there special lines or windows for these priority groups?

Go to the girls at the front desk, or the information desk inside. But of course this will change on the return to airport location.

When i was at Immigration yesterday Afternoon

They had a big TV screen near the Re Entry and Tourist Visas Desk

Which was advertising various things

Including the 24th September Move

In another thread it was claimed to be in October

Only time will tell

48 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

When i was at Immigration yesterday Afternoon

They had a big TV screen near the Re Entry and Tourist Visas Desk

Which was advertising various things

Including the 24th September Move

In another thread it was claimed to be in October

Only time will tell

And in the new Chiangmai Immigration thread that you have already read the second post shows information directly from ChiangmaiIMM.com website.

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

Go to the girls at the front desk, or the information desk inside. But of course this will change on the return to airport location.

I was eligible,being 75, for the Priority Lane last January.Girls at the front desk were non plussed on where I should go but one eventually found a tatty old photocopy of application which only required name ,address passport no.

.After backwards and forwards to Level 2 (TM 30 room) at their direction a young girl,on level 2, out of uniform and not very pleasant,processed it in between phone calls,morning coffee and insisting we go back down stairs and photocopy every page of my passport.

Apparently that's the norm now but like many things we are asked to do makes no sense.There were already 6 retirement extension stamps in the passport. I arrived at 9.15 am left 11.30 am ...grateful for small mercies.

Obviously interested in any new procedure back at the new building.As the goal posts constantly move best to check it out prior to application if you are in this category

For what its worth was at IMM today   asked 2x to confirm

Closing prom IMM and moving back to airport on 24th

Did a stamp extension for tourist visa at 310pm--was our within 30 mins....done and done

Did notice asking more info on me--like my phone # and my room # where Im staying...lied on both ?

7 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

For what its worth was at IMM today   asked 2x to confirm

Closing prom IMM and moving back to airport on 24th

Did a stamp extension for tourist visa at 310pm--was our within 30 mins....done and done

Did notice asking more info on me--like my phone # and my room # where Im staying...lied on both ?

Lying to immigration and proud of it, and a self confessed queue jumper in another thread on the same day.

Quality expats.

• Like 1

wow great idea whomever thought of moving tourist visa stuff to that far away location must have a hole in their head i lived in town long term at it felt like a road trip going out to that far off location some thai likely though it was a good idea to travel for an hour just because the building looked newer face and all gimmie the run down office in town so i can get in and outta there asap i could care less how it looks over and out charles