Inmates clean Pattaya sewers

Rimmer

Inmates clean Pattaya sewers

image.png

PATTAYA:--Inmates from Pattaya Remand Prison were drafted to scrape out clogged sewers on Jomtien Second Road.

Well-behaved convicts, under the direction of guards and Pattaya sanitation workers, dredged the storm drains of mud and garbage from Soi Boonkanjanaram to Second Road.

The Sept. 1 job was part of a two-month city campaign to clean out all the sewers in the city by Sept. 30 and the worst of the rainy season in October.

In addition, workers repaired or replaced sewer grates and damaged cesspools.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-09-07
  • Like 2

If this is the reward for being well-behaved then I would prefer to misbehave. If you have seen the stuff that comes up from the sewers when it rains and the size of the rats that live down there....yuck. You couldn't pay me enough to go down there.

I wonder if the 'draft' was voluntary or enforced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

If this is the reward for being well-behaved then I would prefer to misbehave. If you have seen the stuff that comes up from the sewers when it rains and the size of the rats that live down there....yuck. You couldn't pay me enough to go down there.

Indeed .. Not to mention noxious and sometimes flammable gases build up .. A most unpleasant vocation .. 

1 minute ago, murraynz said:

this is a brilliant idea....

i cant understand why thai authorities  dont  pay the 'unemployed' to pick up rubbish from the beaches and  central roads....im sure this  cost would easily be recovered from increased visitor numbers.

No such thing as unemployed in Thailand

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, murraynz said:

this is a brilliant idea....

i cant understand why thai authorities  dont  pay the 'unemployed' to pick up rubbish from the beaches and  central roads....im sure this  cost would easily be recovered from increased visitor numbers.

The Feudal lord will make the decision. In each and every district there will be a Feudal lord in charge you don't override him. A big mistake if you override him. He will decide what to do, who to employ, and for how much. Cut and percentage are calculated. Everybody knows his place in Thailand. A model of Feudal system kept alive for the world to see how Feudal system worked in the old days.

Everybody pretends they are living in a democratic country to save themselves from jail house and serious trouble that they can't afford to deal with because they are dirt poor. My love and sympathy for the down and out working class. If only they knew what the french did to Marie Antoinette. If only they knew they have the power.

• Like 1

An inmate cleaning Bangkok's sewers once told me that a prisoner must have good behaviour and a very short length of sentence before release. He said most welcome being outside the walls. Last time I saw such a group, I asked the overseer if I could give them food, drink, & smokes. What goes around, come around. Do a good deed for these unfortunates.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, Rimmer said:

Well-behaved convicts, under the direction of guards and Pattaya sanitation workers, dredged the storm drains of mud and garbage from Soi Boonkanjanaram to Second Road.

so now Thailand can be sure no convicts will ever behave well 

because nobody want this job 

It is time for government to use the money for better salary for jobs as this and not just sitting put money in their own pocket 

Shame on you Thailand 

For those of us familiar with Jomtien, these guys have had the pleasure of watching numerous ladies of entertainment on their way to work. Didnt see any armed guards and all the workers seemed happy, kudos to them and whoever thought of using untapped labour.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, Pedrogaz said:

I understand that not only do they volunteer but it's very popular amongst the inmate population, it's been happening in Bangkok for years, not for me either but neither would be being banged up in a Thai jail.

Have been watching these guys (very serious criminal looking) for a couple of weeks at the intersection of 2nd rd and soi watboon, truck loads of rubbish coming out. They have also fired up the big conveyor belt rubbish removal system further up soi watboon, that has been dormant for years. And probably the reason it was clogged up in the first place.

image.png.303d4b69b72a8a50b82235c1e0d68c9c.png

Edited by Peterw42