5 year drivers licence renewal

Cricky

Yep, its time again to renew my 5-year licences, need to go next month.

A friend of mine visited the DLT (Pattaya) yesterday, he said the queue was abnormally long, apparently due to the new laws regarding driver’s licences which may not come into effect.

Anyone else recently experienced longer than normal queues when renewing their licence in Pattaya?

Edited by VYCM

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

Anyone else recently experienced longer than normal queues when renewing their licence in Pattaya?

The queues have always been long at Pattaya DLT !

you need to be there before 8AM when they open the office doors..even then there will be a lot of people waiting..so as soon as they open the doors  go to through the door and turn right and at the foot of the stairs is a ticket machine press

"number 1 for foreigners"     wait for the number to be displayed on the LED board above the ticket machine then go upstairs to  counter number 11...where your adventure will begin !!!

:w00t:  ?

6 minutes ago, johng said:

The queues have always been long at Pattaya DLT !

you need to be there before 8AM when they open the office doors..even then there will be a lot of people waiting..so as soon as they open the doors  go to through the door and turn right and at the foot of the stairs is a ticket machine press

"number 1 for foreigners"     wait for the number to be displayed on the LED board above the ticket machine then go upstairs to  counter number 11...where your adventure will begin !!!

:w00t:  ?

You’re wrong, my mate said the process has changed, apparently they are inspecting documentation upstairs before tickets are issued.

The question is “longer than normal queues

I’ve been going there since 2003, I don’t need your input, your just wasting my time.

Again, ANYONE ELSE RECENTLY HAD EXPERIENCED LONGER THAN NORMAL QUEUES WHEN RENEWING THEIR LICENCE IN PATTAYA?

If you haven’t been recently please do not reply.

Sorry Admin for the capitals, but sometimes it’s the only way for people to understand the question.

21 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

Wrong. The thread was started in March 2013.

Johng posted his info on August 25th.

Yeh, really need to get some up to date info.

It seems the Thais have only recently (the last week) hit panic stations, they are all wanting a licence before new laws come in.