Bringing food into thailand

Nathan1234

18 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

This has got to be a troll post. Evidence: 1) this is the guy's first post 2) why would you bring food into the best food country in the world?

The food isn't for me it's for a family member whos lived in koh samui for the last 15 years I am aware of how good the food is one of the main reasons I'm going. Not a wind up. 

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

It is now illegal to bring many food products into Thailand.  Sorry I don't know specifics.

Only yesterday an announcement to remind not allowed to bring pork meat into LOS from other countries and announcement of more screening to look for pork meat and live pigs coming in. 

Shame, I always pack a large live pig in my suitcase when I come back from abroad. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

It is now illegal to bring many food products into Thailand.  Sorry I don't know specifics.

Only yesterday an announcement to remind not allowed to bring pork meat into LOS from other countries and announcement of more screening to look for pork meat and live pigs coming in. 

Flight from Shanghai to Los Angeles stopped in custom line (nothing to declare) and sent to inspection area, I asked the officer what’s the reason. You have food in your hand. It was a sandwich the airline gave 

out about an hour until landing and didn’t want to waste it. The guy must of had a bad day......

Live Pigs?  Maybe the reason I left old GF, didn’t want stopped at border...

ahhhhh ha ha ha 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, Chou Anou said:

This has got to be a troll post. Evidence: 1) this is the guy's first post 2) why would you bring food into the best food country in the world?

Its like bringing sand to the beach, or a girlfriend to Pattaya Soi 6............

I always bring back some food from home after a visit, but it's always packaged stuff. Never had a problem. Maybe if you sealed your cooked battered cod in plastic, you could bring it in your check-bag. Coming from USA or UK, it probably would make through security in your carry-on. However, when I go to Cambodia or Vietnam, then return to Thailand, I often make sandwiches and bring them on the plane in my carry-on bag. Never had a problem with that either. 

On 9/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, newatthis said:

Or Australia. Love mushy peas. Still got three cans in the cupboard. Also have some Lea and Perrins. Just need a lovely steak & kidney pie. Memories of pie floaters.:partytime2:

Don't know if you have a Rimping where you are but Fray Bentos Steak&Kidney Pies available there.

• Thanks 1

I have brought in aged sirloin steak that had been vacuum packed, just put it in a soft sided esky with cold packs around it, made it in no problems and was great eating, also brought in real honey from a friends hives in Australia. 

• Like 1