• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 64

S/E Asian Thai Consulates going to eVisa online system effective Tuesday Oct 8th

2. 329

And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

3. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

4. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

5. 70

Words sentences that are offensive

6. 1,056

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

7. 24

Sending food back to the kitchen?

8. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

9. 34

Oh Beloved Bangkok, How So You Have Changed...

10. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

12. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

13. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

14. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Dallas officer faces manslaughter charge in apartment shooting

rooster59

On 9/9/2018 at 1:49 PM, oldrunner said:

Oh Dear, don't let an investigation by an independent police agency be heard before calling the officer a racist drunk. As a female police officer she was apparently "mind set" for an attack by a "black", a situation she sees daily in her work. I think it's safe to say that her career as a police officer is as dead as her victim. 

You will be happy to know, that 'Murica's finest news station Faux is already on it and they found out, that the guy had some pott in his apartment!

They already try to flip it and make him look like a danger to society, who was kinda rightfully murdered!

On 9/11/2018 at 11:47 AM, ballpoint said:

So, you turn up at what you think is your apartment, find that the key doesn't work, and, rather than checking the number, instead knock on the door, shout "let me in", and then shoot the guy who opens the door?  Nothing fishy about this at all.  Apart from everything.

Well actually the News Report says the door to her apartment (or the one she thought was hers) was partly open. So she did not try her key on a locked door. When you stop and think about it, how many times do you check the number on your door to your apartment, if even a number was posted. I find myself only doing that when I spend a night in a hotel, and double check to be sure I have the right room.

She was getting off the Late Shift so it was dark out and who knows what the lighting was like in the hallway. She shot at what she thought was an intruder in the dark. Chances are most people were in bed sleeping aready so who knows what time that one witness said she thought she hear "Let Me In". That could  have been her own drunk husbband coming home after a late bender. 

I agree this all sounds Fishy. But then a  Police Officer who has been on the Police Force for 4 years and no record of anything suspicious, doesn't just come home one day and shoot a complete stranger in his apartment for no reason either, other than perhaps it being an accident. We will see how this all unfolds. 

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Well actually the News Report says the door to her apartment (or the one she thought was hers) was partly open. So she did not try her key on a locked door. When you stop and think about it, how many times do you check the number on your door to your apartment, if even a number was posted. I find myself only doing that when I spend a night in a hotel, and double check to be sure I have the right room.

She was getting off the Late Shift so it was dark out and who knows what the lighting was like in the hallway. She shot at what she thought was an intruder in the dark. Chances are most people were in bed sleeping aready so who knows what time that one witness said she thought she hear "Let Me In". That could  have been her own drunk husbband coming home after a late bender. 

I agree this all sounds Fishy. But then a  Police Officer who has been on the Police Force for 4 years and no record of anything suspicious, doesn't just come home one day and shoot a complete stranger in his apartment for no reason either, other than perhaps it being an accident. We will see how this all unfolds. 

There have been no reports of CCTV coverage or witnesses claiming that the door was partly open.  Therefore, only two people know / knew if the door was ajar or not, and the one claiming that it was has shot the other one dead.  So we'll just take her word for it then.  (At least one paper is also reporting that she claimed she tried her key on the door but it was already unlocked.  If you believe the papers, there seems to be more stories here than the apartment building has, and she goes to a different one each time).  On the other hand, two independent witnesses claim they heard knocking, and a woman demanding to be let in, before the gun shots, but another neighbour said she didn't hear anything.  Let's see, that's one person, who just happens to be the accused, saying the door was ajar; one person saying there was no knocking or talking before the gun shots, and two people saying there was.  Fishier than a fish monger's fish faced fish wife fish fingering a tuna fish's fishy bits in a fish market.

"Critics point to differences between the Dallas Police Department and Texas Rangers records that indicate Guyger's account changed. The police search warrant states that Jean confronted the officer at the door, while the Rangers' affidavit said Jean was across the room when Guyger walked in".

"One law enforcement official has said the evidence so far doesn't determine whether the door was unlocked".

"A neighbor said she did not hear knocking or yelling before the gunshot, which she assumed to be a domestic dispute, and then heard the sound of a woman calling 911".

"Attorney S. Lee Merritt said two people reported hearing knocking and a woman's voice saying, "Let me in," before the shooting".

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/14/week-ago-botham-jean-killed-dallas-officer-amber-guyger-know-questions-remain

46 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

There have been no reports of CCTV coverage or witnesses claiming that the door was partly open.  Therefore, only two people know / knew if the door was ajar or not, and the one claiming that it was has shot the other one dead.  So we'll just take her word for it then.  (At least one paper is also reporting that she claimed she tried her key on the door but it was already unlocked.  If you believe the papers, there seems to be more stories here than the apartment building has, and she goes to a different one each time).  On the other hand, two independent witnesses claim they heard knocking, and a woman demanding to be let in, before the gun shots, but another neighbour said she didn't hear anything.  Let's see, that's one person, who just happens to be the accused, saying the door was ajar; one person saying there was no knocking or talking before the gun shots, and two people saying there was.  Fishier than a fish monger's fish faced fish wife fish fingering a tuna fish's fishy bits in a fish market.

"Critics point to differences between the Dallas Police Department and Texas Rangers records that indicate Guyger's account changed. The police search warrant states that Jean confronted the officer at the door, while the Rangers' affidavit said Jean was across the room when Guyger walked in".

"One law enforcement official has said the evidence so far doesn't determine whether the door was unlocked".

"A neighbor said she did not hear knocking or yelling before the gunshot, which she assumed to be a domestic dispute, and then heard the sound of a woman calling 911".

"Attorney S. Lee Merritt said two people reported hearing knocking and a woman's voice saying, "Let me in," before the shooting".

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/14/week-ago-botham-jean-killed-dallas-officer-amber-guyger-know-questions-remain

Okay! So you say all we have is the Police Officers word that the door was unlocked as her and the victim are the only ones that know this. That since she is charged with Manslaughter why should we believer her? That she tried her key to get in, which didn't work. 

I don't need the Police Officers word to tell me the door was unlocked. I only have to use some logic and good old common sense. You said she tried her key to a locked door,, and when it didn't work should have been enough proof that she was in the wrong place.

But you fail to mention that these doors are the Card Magnetic Type (from your LINK) and not the solid Car Key Type. So since her Magnetic Card Key would not work on this door, and the apartment wasn't broken into, then how did she get in? She got in and when she inserted her Card Key into the slot and pushed it in, the door open as it was UNLOCKED!

I am not saying that this Police Officer didn't do something wrong. She should have known better and was careless in using her gun and an innocnet person was killed. But this is not Cold Blooded Murder and planned out. It is the reckless death of a person, which in Texas is called Manslaughter, and what she is charged with. Her alcohol and drug content may change that.