Multiple re-entry stamp

I will apply for a multiple reentry stamp for my retirement extension on Monday and would like to confirm I have all required documents before going.

-Application form

-Signed copies of passport data page and last entry stamp with TM card

Anything in addition to this like photos etc?

PS. How much is the fee?

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Might also be a good idea to include a copy of the latest TM30 notification slip if your office is one of those that requires this form to be completed (which Chaengwattana, for example, don't).

Just paid a 1600 Baht fine for failure to notify in time in Jomtien (2nd time - grrrr!) so that's been taken care of. The receipt has been stapled to the passport. 

7 hours ago, Becker said:

Just paid a 1600 Baht fine for failure to notify in time in Jomtien (2nd time - grrrr!) so that's been taken care of. The receipt has been stapled to the passport. 

Hmm, interesting and potentially worrying news for Pattayan retirees. Reports on here hitherto have indicated that, thus far, Jomtien have been targetting those seeking marriage and tourism extensions in their enforcement of TM30 form requirements, with those seeking retirement extensions being let off scot-free in relative terms. Your experience, however, would appear to indicate that they might now be enforcing TM30 requirements with zeal and gusto in the case of those seeking retirement extensions as well.

@JackThompson- you might wish to be aware of this apparent development in view of your previous comments on this issue.

Edited by OJAS

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Your experience, however, would appear to indicate that they might now be enforcing TM30 requirements with zeal and gusto in the case of those seeking retirement extensions as well.

@JackThompson- you might wish to be aware of this apparent development in view of your previous comments on this issue.

Yes, I am curious what desk(s) forced him to go to the TM-30 desk before delivering service, given the retirement-desk was not enforcing for some time.  @Becker - did the retirement-desk request the TM-30?  Maybe only agent-submitted apps are immune, now.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes, I am curious what desk(s) forced him to go to the TM-30 desk before delivering service, given the retirement-desk was not enforcing for some time.  @Becker - did the retirement-desk request the TM-30?  Maybe only agent-submitted apps are immune, now.

regardless of the subject matter some posters can always manage to weave in a derogatory reference to agents

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Things might not have changed since the first time I was fined I was applying for an extension of stay based on my Non-O based on marriage and was told I had to do the address reporting and pay the fine first.

This time when applying for an extension based on retirement I assumed the same rules applied so went and reported my whereabouts (haven't changed for 12 years) and paid the fine before handing in the papers re. the retirement extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notamember said:

regardless of the subject matter some posters can always manage to weave in a derogatory reference to agents

It is in-context here, because agent-submitted apps at that office avoid the problems described for some types of extensions (maybe not retirement at that office / yet). 

Where agent-activity does not impact non-agent applications - such as at Chang Wattana - and the written requirements are followed - I don't mind at all if others chose to use agents.  It is only when differential-treatment is given, to force people to agents, that it becomes a problem to the rest of us. 

I do not blame those facing difficult situations at some offices for recognizing the normal-path is blocked or restricted, and doing what is necessary to stay here.  If Non-O MEs (I use one now) are eventually stopped, and if the annual extension route were blocked where I live, I would have no choice but to:

• abandon my life and wife here
  • "move" to Bangkok (or somewhere with a fair office) every year for my extension
  • pay an agent

An agent-solution might be (may be in the future) the most practical or only possible solution, in this case.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

It is in-context here, because agent-submitted apps at that office avoid the problems described for some types of extensions (maybe not retirement at that office / yet). 

Where agent-activity does not impact non-agent applications - such as at Chang Wattana - and the written requirements are followed - I don't mind at all if others chose to use agents.  It is only when differential-treatment is given, to force people to agents, that it becomes a problem to the rest of us. 

I do not blame those facing difficult situations at some offices for recognizing the normal-path is blocked or restricted, and doing what is necessary to stay here.  If Non-O MEs (I use one now) are eventually stopped, and if the annual extension route were blocked where I live, I would have no choice but to:

• abandon my life and wife here
  • "move" to Bangkok (or somewhere with a fair office) every year for my extension
  • pay an agent

An agent-solution might be (may be in the future) the most practical or only possible solution, in this case.

so Jack, as you have never used an agent, how do you know all this to be fact and then circulated like this on this forum instead of the mere speculation that it really is?

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, notamember said:

so Jack, as you have never used an agent, how do you know all this to be fact and then circulated like this on this forum instead of the mere speculation that it really is?

You know, I have not verified for myself that the earth is round, but I am willing to accept the testimony of those who credibly state this to be true. The different treatment accorded to applicants using agents at some immigration offices is not a matter of speculation but is a fact.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, notamember said:

I have had personal experience with being given the run-around on 2 services at an office.  My experience - including many specifics I experienced personally - has been reported by others at the same desks in the same office.  Next door to this office - literally feet away - is an agent who offers get the same services rendered for a hefty fee.  Other agents have public ads offering to circumvent financial requirements.  This activity is not only public, but advertised. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I have had personal experience with being given the run-around on 2 services at an office.  My experience - including many specifics I experienced personally - has been reported by others at the same desks in the same office.  Next door to this office - literally feet away - is an agent who offers get the same services rendered for a hefty fee.  Other agents have public ads offering to circumvent financial requirements.  This activity is not only public, but advertised. 

yet you have not experienced the agent service that you claim to know so much about and often say is illegal, often allude to problems for the participants come Judgment Day, yet there it is, in your own words, next door to this office 

It would not be hard to find the culprits, if they wanted to clamp down on the practice would it?

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, BritTim said:

You know, I have not verified for myself that the earth is round, but I am willing to accept the testimony of those who credibly state this to be true. The different treatment accorded to applicants using agents at some immigration offices is not a matter of speculation but is a fact.

aside from any financial consideration one might care to imagine, what i believe is a fact is that officials give preference to agents because they know exactly what needs to be done, they know what paperwork is needed, they know what fees are to be paid, they present applications that can almost be rubber stamped and in doing so make the officers life so much easier

Thats why they can appear to process bundles of agents applications in a few minutes rather than taking hours with some individuals who have omitted items and have to get more paperwork, more photocopies, more applications, fill in TM28's and get TM30's , do 90 day reports, add their telephone number to an application and Buddha only knows what else is served up to frustrate their day and their progress through the ever growing pile of applications

if i were an IO, i would welcome agents applications too because they know what the IO needs

on the occasions i have been to immigration and people watched, its hard to imagine a place that demands more of its officers in terms of patience and understanding with the rude, ignorant and thoroughly disrespectful people that attend there

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, notamember said:

Thats why they can appear to process bundles of agents applications in a few minutes rather than taking hours with some individuals who have omitted items and have to get more paperwork, more photocopies, more applications, fill in TM28's and get TM30's , do 90 day reports, add their telephone number to an application and Buddha only knows what else is served up to frustrate their day and their progress through the ever growing pile of applications

If reports dating back to the year dot on here are to be believed, the main reason why items are omitted and more paperwork needs to be obtained is that said items are new requirements, the provision of which the immigration office have, in their infinite wisdom, decided to introduce since the previous application was submitted, under the guise of some local unpublicised rule change! Are you seriously suggesting that we should all be using agents solely on the grounds that they - and only they - are capable of reading IOs' minds in this regard?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

If reports dating back to the year dot on here are to be believed, the main reason why items are omitted and more paperwork needs to be obtained is that said items are new requirements, the provision of which the immigration office have, in their infinite wisdom, decided to introduce since the previous application was submitted, under the guise of some local unpublicised rule change! Are you seriously suggesting that we should all be using agents solely on the grounds that they - and only they - are capable of reading IOs' minds in this regard?

It's even worse than this - though "new requirements" is clearly part of the game.  Agents advertise the ability to Circumvent Requirements which the rest of us are required to adhere to. 

I would not personally care, provided all offices operated like Chang Wattana, retaining a straightforward path to those not using agents.

7 hours ago, notamember said:

... aside from any financial consideration one might care to imagine, what i believe is a fact is that officials give preference to agents because they know exactly what needs to be done, they know what paperwork is needed, they know what fees are to be paid, they present applications that can almost be rubber stamped and in doing so make the officers life so much easier

Easier life, yes - and wealthier too.  Easier because agents can submit less paperwork - no "made up" add-ons which the rest of us must supply.  And they can even skip some financial requirements.  Needless to say, it's easier and faster, when you don't have to follow the official or unofficial requirements.

8 hours ago, notamember said:

yet you have not experienced the agent service that you claim to know so much about and often say is illegal, often allude to problems for the participants come Judgment Day, yet there it is, in your own words, next door to this office 

It would not be hard to find the culprits, if they wanted to clamp down on the practice would it?

Whether and when there will be a "Judgement Day" would be speculation.  Given the money involved, exposing it - and all those involved, who knows how high-up - that could be a perilous task. 

And sure, it would be very easy to find the culprits, if an authority with sufficient power were ever so inclined and brave.  For example, it would not be very difficult to pull and flag all applications for which financials should be backed by 2 or 3 mo seasoning, but are curiously lacking this documentation.  Subpoena the applicants' bank-records and look for "flash" deposit/withdrawls of 800K - and where the money originated.  Next, explore the personal-finances / tax-records of those who approved large numbers of those applications, and those of their superiors, right up the chain of command.  It would be a field day for an honest prosecutorial team.

But when and If that will happen? - I have no way of knowing.  And if it did, it could result in one faction skewering another - capturing their profitable racket, rather than dismantling it.

I choose not to risk associating with those involved in corruption if it can be avoided.  In some cases, a Visa from the MFA or moving to an area served by a more honest office could be viable options.  Others may have no choice.  Everyone has to make their own call in such matters, but should at least do so with their eyes open - and cover their bases with their own copies of documents covering all official requirements.

7 hours ago, notamember said:

on the occasions i have been to immigration and people watched, its hard to imagine a place that demands more of its officers in terms of patience and understanding with the rude, ignorant and thoroughly disrespectful people that attend there

I wish I had a video to show you the rude, arrogant, and thoroughly disrespectful behavior which I have witnessed first-hand in the other direction.  Maybe images of honest applicants leaving in tears would open your eyes to the reality of the situation.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, notamember said:

aside from any financial consideration one might care to imagine, what i believe is a fact is that officials give preference to agents because they know exactly what needs to be done, they know what paperwork is needed, they know what fees are to be paid, they present applications that can almost be rubber stamped and in doing so make the officers life so much easier

I personally don't give a toss about making immigration officers' lives easier until such time as each and every one of them in each and every office in LOS applies the various rules uniformly and consistently.

Edited by OJAS
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, notamember said:

I can only infer that you consider rudeness, ignorance and thorough disrespect on the part of immigration officers to be totally justified and praised to the very highest heavens, then.

Edited by OJAS
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Becker said:

Further to my OP now that I have obtained the multiple re-entry stamp does entering the country serve as a reporting (which I believe will have to be done every 3 months when staying on a retirement extension)?

You seem to be asking about doing a report of staying longer that 90 consecutive days in the country. If you leave on or before the 90th day you do not need to do a report.

Your report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count.