Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

And so it starts again!

A women gets (allegedly, at this point!) raped on Koh Tao and you can count on TV's finest to start the RTP blaming  or defending the glorious, drunk British girl, who refuses to be interviewed by the only people who can process her, alleged, case!

Some of us have difficulty forgetting the past events of which there have been many on that island

That's the way it is

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great song.... Metallica 

My Friend Of Misery"

You just stood there screaming
Fearing no one was listening to you
They say the empty can rattles the most
The sound of your own voice must soothe you
Hearing only what you want to hear
And knowing only what you've heard
You, you're smothered in tragedy
And you're out to save the world

5 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Some of us have difficulty forgetting the past events of which there have been many on that island

That's the way it is

That doesn't mean that the RTP are in the wrong this time, neither does it mean that the girl is not lying.  And that's the way it is also.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, it's not.  Nothing to do with the size of the newsprint, it's the format.

The Sun is a tabloid, The Mirror's a tabloid, so is the Mail, the Express, The Guardian, The Observer  etc and so is The Times.  In terms of quality, The Times is publishing the same "quality" about this case as The Sun is. Obviously, same owner.

Now you know, my man.

The Times had her recorded as saying she she woke up and saw 'a man'. The Sun/Mirror said it was a Thai man. The Sun also said that she said she'd been robbed. She said in the interview with The Times that her stuff (phone, etc) was 'missing'. The Times have her on record saying she went to the police station and they'd only file a report for the stuff that was 'stolen' (sorry, just wanted to add that again)

The Times is mostly garbage, but they've only reported what she said in their interview. That's tabloid and compact for you. 

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

There's the link you want.

Excellent, many thanks.

The same article dated 30th August quotes the police chief as saying, "If the case turns out to be groundless, the Samui Times news website and CSI LA Facebook might face computer crime charges for spreading false information, he added."

On the 5th, the charges were laid and warrants issued so with no mention from anyone involved about actually going to the UK for a 'safe interview' or coming to KT to file charges, it does appear to be case closed. Once the 3-month legal statute for reporting the alleged offence expires on 25th September, then it most definitely will be.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

And so it starts again!

A women gets (allegedly, at this point!) raped on Koh Tao and you can count on TV's finest to start the RTP blaming  or defending the glorious, drunk British girl, who refuses to be interviewed by the only people who can process her, alleged, case!

Uuuuuuh...clever and witty!

I have two words for you : Occams Razor! 

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"The victim reports awakening with no underwear on and with a Thai man standing over her. He then fled the scene".

As had "the friend" who took the drowsy girl to the beach, instead of taking her directly back to their hostel.  Why did he recover from his drowsiness and bugger off leaving her alone, allegedly raped, or to be raped, allegedly?

Nonsense.

They both started to feel drowsy around the same time after buying the same drinks, around 1am.

So they went outside the bar for some fresh air, had a vague recollection of someone asking if they were ok.

Can’t remember anything after that, he came round around 5am, she was nowhere to be seen, taken elsewhere by someone.

I suggest you look at Martin’s interview with Suthichai, it will answer most of your drivel.

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why would you talk to them under any other conditions?

Being sociable, particularly when you have to work with them...

There are other times one would speak to the police other than in an interview, and yes today I witnessed an arrest of a woman, took 3 officers nearly 15 minute to cuff her... her phone was taken off her as she was trying to record the event.

10 hours ago, DM07 said:

Maybe because there are 60 Million Thais and about 2 Million non- Thais in this country!

On the island KT there are 20% Thais  , they control the island but most of the workers are non-Thais,  so why talk about the rest of the country ?  

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Agree wholeheartedly with the first paragraph. However, based on my suspicion that the victim was probably aware of the 'shortcomings' of the police on KT (which I suggested earlier is why she decided to go to KP with a friend/witness), maybe, after being dissed by the KP cops, she thought if I try and pursue this here, it may not end well at all.

As for your alleged "I wanted to go to the full moon party this is why I didn't report it", that's purely a speculative inference based on what the police say the owner of the KT resort where the victim stayed had told them. I reckon if ever a proper citation is badly needed, it is here.

This from The Nation on August 27, 2018.

"Phangan police commander Pol Colonel Sathit Kongniam told reporters the woman arrived at his station with a male friend and filed a complaint saying only that she’d been robbed of money and her belongings while on Koh Tao.

His men “tried to tell her to file the complaint on Koh Tao because the incident happened there”, Sathit said. “The two claimed it was inconvenient, so we took the complaint.”

The woman said she wanted police documentation so she could claim insurance, Sathit said. “She said nothing about being assaulted or raped.”

After he learned about the rape allegation, Sathit said, he assigned officers to check security cameras in the area of the bar on Koh Tao where the woman claimed to have dined prior to the incident."

So the KP police said they have no jurisdiction on something that happened on KT, but they took the robbery complaint... but then the KP police went and checked the cctv on KT anyway, after the fact? Jurisdiction or no jurisdiction, which is it? Selective jurisdiction maybe?

No, I suspect they are just bad liars. 

3 hours ago, Zeberdee said:

Nonsense.

They both started to feel drowsy around the same time after buying the same drinks, around 1am.

So they went outside the bar for some fresh air, had a vague recollection of someone asking if they were ok.

Can’t remember anything after that, he came round around 5am, she was nowhere to be seen, taken elsewhere by someone.

I suggest you look at Martin’s interview with Suthichai, it will answer most of your drivel.

He's forever peddling nonsense on this case ... maybe he's on the mafia payroll? A sad case of misogyny and "Thaier than Thainess". 

FWIW there is a babe on TF warning folks not to go to Koh Tao. I wont post her link so she doesnt get into any trouble.

FWIW further, my daughter, who lives in Asia and has been roaming around Islands and beaches, including Lompok during the earthquake, is FORBIDDEN to go and if she tries, I will go there and drag her ass out of there faster than you can say Rohypnol.

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

Being sociable, particularly when you have to work with them...

There are other times one would speak to the police other than in an interview, and yes today I witnessed an arrest of a woman, took 3 officers nearly 15 minute to cuff her... her phone was taken off her as she was trying to record the event.

I always went quietly 555555

Koh Tao is a very nice island, and there is nice diving clubs. And also, as i can saw, there is also some places there for young people to drink a lot without any restriction.

The facts is that i not see any police in this place... and maybe this is a problem.

Because sure... a young guy with bad (or no) education who can become a raptor or a really predator will be like in his own garden.

That is not a safe place for teenagers and stupid peoples (i not blame stupidity, we can be all stupid by the time and a victim is still a victim, not necessary stupid).

Also, why sale alcool when someone is already drunk ? Here is a country where alcool can not be sale some special days and before some time... Where is the logic when it is legal to sale alcool to someone to young and/or someone already drunk ?

Please, if you are Thai (and then concerned by this facts), explain me the logic there.

chok dii

10 hours ago, balo said:

On the island KT there are 20% Thais  , they control the island but most of the workers are non-Thais,  so why talk about the rest of the country ?  

You are right, of course!

And we all know: no Thai could ever do such a thing!

:coffee1:

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The Times had her recorded as saying she she woke up and saw 'a man'. The Sun/Mirror said it was a Thai man. The Sun also said that she said she'd been robbed. She said in the interview with The Times that her stuff (phone, etc) was 'missing'. The Times have her on record saying she went to the police station and they'd only file a report for the stuff that was 'stolen' (sorry, just wanted to add that again)

The Times is mostly garbage, but they've only reported what she said in their interview. That's tabloid and compact for you. 

"The Times had her recorded as saying she she woke up and saw 'a man'".

I know, that's what I said!  It was some other poster who lied and misquoted " Thai man" from the video.

"The Sun also said that she said she'd been robbed. She said in the interview with The Times that her stuff (phone, etc) was 'missing'".

That's The Sun for you.  Her mother said, categorically, in her interview that the girl reported "lost" items, not stolen.

"The Times is mostly garbage, but they've only reported what she said in their interview".

Same stable as The Sun! 

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Excellent, many thanks.

The same article dated 30th August quotes the police chief as saying, "If the case turns out to be groundless, the Samui Times news website and CSI LA Facebook might face computer crime charges for spreading false information, he added."

On the 5th, the charges were laid and warrants issued so with no mention from anyone involved about actually going to the UK for a 'safe interview' or coming to KT to file charges, it does appear to be case closed. Once the 3-month legal statute for reporting the alleged offence expires on 25th September, then it most definitely will be.

You're right.

"...no mention from anyone involved about actually going to the UK for a 'safe interview'..."

The girl would obviously have to agree to be interviewed about her allegation and clearly she hasn't .  She can't be forced unless she's being charged with something in the UK.

"Once the 3-month legal statute for reporting the alleged offence expires on 25th September, then it most definitely will be".

The ball's in the girl's court now.   Obviously she doesn't want to be interviewed by police (they know how to interview) and she won't make an official complaint to the Thai police (she can't do that remotely, through the press or through her mother), is it any wonder what conclusions are rationally drawn by some of us from her (lack of) actions?

15 hours ago, Zeberdee said:

Nonsense.

I suggest that you listen carefully to her interview with The Times where she said what I have quoted, "**** [the male friend who offered to see her safely home] sat down on the beach with me...".  No nonsense and no drivel from me.

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

He's forever peddling nonsense on this case ... maybe he's on the mafia payroll? A sad case of misogyny and "Thaier than Thainess". 

Perhaps you should listen to her interview in The Times also.  If I'm peddling nonsense then it's the nonsense that the girl is saying!

I think you need to look up the definition of misogyny.  Forming a rational opinion about a subject who demonstrates no credibility at all, but who happens to be female in this case, is not misogyny.

Perhaps you should listen to her interview in The Times also.  If I'm peddling nonsense then it's the nonsense that the girl is saying!

I think you need to look up the definition of misogyny.  Forming a rational opinion about a subject who demonstrates no credibility at all, but who happens to be female in this case, is not misogyny.

I think you need to get out in the fresh air more!

"The Times had her recorded as saying she she woke up and saw 'a man'".

I know, that's what I said!  It was some other poster who lied and misquoted " Thai man" from the video.

"The Sun also said that she said she'd been robbed. She said in the interview with The Times that her stuff (phone, etc) was 'missing'".

That's The Sun for you.  Her mother said, categorically, in her interview that the girl reported "lost" items, not stolen.

"The Times is mostly garbage, but they've only reported what she said in their interview".

Same stable as The Sun! 

Don't get caught up on what nationality people think the alleged rapist is. Most of us are just asking for a proper investigation. We don't care if the alleged rapist is Thai or not. It doesn't matter at all. This isn't Thailand vs foreigners. 

The phone was reported as 'stolen'. Again, this is from the mouth of the alleged rape victim in her audio interview, and again, it 'DOESN'T MATTER'. 

I don't care what you think of The Times nor what you think of The Sun. I only care about there being a proper investigation. The girl ain't coming back to Thailand, and I agree with her for not doing that. Police in any civilized country wouldn't just declare no rape happened. They'd say that without the alleged victim they can't really move forward. They wouldn't definitively say, "There was no rape". This isn't a case of assault or fraud, etc. It's rape. Some rape victims take years to finally go and see the police. It's extremely sensitive and is anything but black and white. Have some empathy for Christ's sake. 

If you've never been raped, you can't say how a rape victim feels. You can't dictate what they should have done or should do. It's an extremely traumatising experience. All we know is that they will act irrationally. They will be scarred emotionally, and what they need more than anything else is support. The last thing you wanna do is accuse a person who said they've been raped of being a liar. It doesn't work like that and for good reason. 

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Don't get caught up on what nationality people think the alleged rapist is. Most of us are just asking for a proper investigation. We don't care if the alleged rapist is Thai or not. It doesn't matter at all. This isn't Thailand vs foreigners. 

The phone was reported as 'stolen'. Again, this is from the mouth of the alleged rape victim in her audio interview, and again, it 'DOESN'T MATTER'. 

I don't care what you think of The Times nor what you think of The Sun. I only care about there being a proper investigation. The girl ain't coming back to Thailand, and I agree with her for not doing that. Police in any civilized country wouldn't just declare no rape happened. They'd say that without the alleged victim they can't really move forward. They wouldn't definitively say, "There was no rape". This isn't a case of assault or fraud, etc. It's rape. Some rape victims take years to finally go and see the police. It's extremely sensitive and is anything but black and white. Have some empathy for Christ's sake. 

If you've never been raped, you can't say how a rape victim feels. You can't dictate what they should have done or should do. It's an extremely traumatising experience. All we know is that they will act irrationally. They will be scarred emotionally, and what they need more than anything else is support. The last thing you wanna do is accuse a person who said they've been raped of being a liar. It doesn't work like that and for good reason. 

Geez...

I'm not caught up on the nationality, I commented once initially to someone who incorrectly stated that she said he was Thai.  I didn't bring it up

"Police in any civilized country wouldn't just declare no rape happened".

They might if the girl refused to be interviewed by investigating officers and had no corroborating evidence.

"Have some empathy for Christ's sake".

Why?  Empathy for what?  An alleged rape with no evidence by an alleged victim who wilI not be interviewed by the only agency that can make a case?

Even if I wanted to I couldn't empathise with her as I can't share the feelings of someone who has alleged she was raped but I could sympathise.  As it is, I don't sympatise as I don't believe her story makes logical sense.  I've already said here that if it turns out I am wrong about my opinion, I'll very happily apologise to her.  Pretty sure I won't have to, though.

"The last thing you wanna do is accuse a person who said they've been raped of being a liar. It doesn't work like that and for good reason". 

That may be the last thing that you'd want to do and I wouldn't want to either if there was any sign of any credibility, so far there isn't in my opinion, and that of a few others.  Sometimes it does actually work like that.

Archived