Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If it didn't happen, she isn't a victim, and therefore isn't being blamed.

Yeah...ahm...my money is on "it happened"!

If this would be the first alleged case of rape on that paradise island, with its fantastic police- battalion and a bunch of upstanding hotel- or bar owners, maybe I would think differently!

But this and many more even worse things, happen on Koh Tao on a regular basis, with police doing abysmal jobs, evidence is being tempered with or vanishes into thin air and certain people having a past of date rape drugs and violence!

But of course, you have your right to a differen opinion!

17 hours ago, shillhater said:

who said it was a Thai?  i can not recall any poster claiming the rapist was a Thai..i see you are another poster who should put away the big wooden spoon

your comment is really not worth replying to, a quick read of many posts here suggest the posters are insinuating it's a Thai.
the ST even posted photos!

even the post above this insinuates it, 

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

your comment is really not worth replying to, a quick read of many posts here suggest the posters are insinuating it's a Thai.

even the post above this insinuates it, 

Maybe because there are 60 Million Thais and about 2 Million non- Thais in this country!

If this would have happened in Denmark, would you think a Danish person did it ...or a member of the Sioux- nation!?

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

I've posted many times and never once 'insinuated' it was anyone. Most posters, like myself, just want a proper investigation to be done. Most posters find it odd that the police can just go to a spot where someone claims they were raped 2 months ago, and categorically state 'there was no rape here'. By the way, the area they said they found no rape isn't the area where it was supposed to have happened. But that was never really the point, was it?

Oh, and usually when you investigate a rape, you look for evidence that it happened. Not actively look for evidence it didn't happen. That will leave foreigners with the impression that you don't want to find evidence of rape.  

On 9/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, Just Weird said:

Come on jimmynewbie, you're clearly referring to me so show me where I have "happily discredited Big Joke on other threads".  Lets see you put your money where your mouth is, it may be time for you to pull your neck in a bit.

Just out of curiosity where were you on the night of this alleged crime?

12 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Just out of curiosity where were you on the night of this alleged crime?

He was probably taking up the most controversial position on the BKK Post. He does the same tired old thing on certain threads here and over there. Once saw him unleash his vitriol on a user for criticizing a car company who were recalling a certain model after fears it might catch on fire. Extremely odd behaviour. 

On 9/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, Just Weird said:

"...unless such offer has been formally conveyed to her - and I don't see any evidence that it has".

Have you seen any evidence that it hasn't?

You do realise how ridiculous that question is, don't you? The only way to have evidence it didn't happen would be if I had video of her every waking moment since the offer was announced, until now. 

20 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You do realise how ridiculous that question is, don't you? The only way to have evidence it didn't happen would be if I had video of her every waking moment since the offer was announced, until now. 

Yes, I do.  It's a reflection of the ridiculousness of the question I was responding to, yours!

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, AlexRich said:

You said his story stinks? But you have not heard his story, only hers? So what are you talking about?

Reports have been published about what he said and did.  The girl reported in her Times tale about what he allegedly said and did.  What are you talking about?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:58 PM, AlexRich said:

You claim to have listened to her interview? In her statement to the Times she is saying quite clearly that she did report the rape to the Police, but they would not register her complaint. It appears that in your world only the Royal Thai Police tell the truth? Everyone else is a liar. 

And it appears that you think that every girl who has ever reported a rape has been found to be being truthful.  That's not the case

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Reports have been published about what he said and did.  The girl reported in her Times tale about what he allegedly said and did.  What are you talking about?

Guilty island all of them are criminals. Need a SAS hit squad

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, JLCrab said:

Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn, deputy tourist police chief, told a Thai News Agency in Bangkok today (Aug 30)  "We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

as reported AUG 30 in BP then reprinted Phuket News

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:28 AM, NanLaew said:

It was published in one paper and that was subsequently copied in the second paper.

AFAIK there's been no official, direct, public statement from the RTP or any other Thai authority saying specifically that they are offering her a safe interview in the UK. Furthermore, no ranking policeman's name has been linked to such offer in either of these newspapers. Absolutely none.

Unless of course you can find a link that confirms otherwise.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, JLCrab said:

“According to forensic and scientific evidence we collected based on the woman’s account, we found no rape or drugging had taken place,” said Maj Gen Surachate, who was assigned by the police chief to look into the allegation.

(skip)

“However, we’re open to new evidence. Since the victim has not even contacted the UK consul in Thailand which is in charge of the safety of British nationals in the kingdom, we urge her to submit the evidence and give statements so we can investigate further. We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-evidence-of-koh-tao-rape-say-police-68447.php#eJFLViu0GSfem97i.97

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:28 AM, NanLaew said:

It was published in one paper and that was subsequently copied in the second paper.

AFAIK there's been no official, direct, public statement from the RTP or any other Thai authority saying specifically that they are offering her a safe interview in the UK. Furthermore, no ranking policeman's name has been linked to such offer in either of these newspapers. Absolutely none.

Unless of course you can find a link that confirms otherwise.

Thanks.

There's the link you want.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:52 AM, AlexRich said:

If you don't report your rape to the correct authority then it did not happen ... the girl was raped, she complained to the Thai Police and was not attended to. There is no justice in Thailand. And too many apologists for rapists and criminals on TV. Sad case.

"...the girl was raped, she complained to the Thai Police and was not attended to".

Was she?  Did she?  How do you know that?  You're just taking the word of a girl who will not subject herself to an interview, even in London, nor register the complaint officially, with the only authorities that can do anything about it.   Why is her word so good?

23 minutes ago, Media1 said:

They are offering nothing but lies and bullshit. Don't come talking bla bla..Why is the bar still operating that refuses video footage. I are to intelligent to be fooled on the street..its my forte. These Thais are guilty rotten things. 2 Burmese rotting 

Save your Thai loving for someone that's semi retarded ok.

quick diversion there!!..given the link..ignores..shifts to talking about something else

18 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, she reported it lost.  Her other confirmed that in her interview. The point?  Insurance claim, perhaps?

“A Thai guy was standing over me. As I woke up he just smiled at me and then he took off.”He'd taken my phone, my money, my cards”

Whether the phone really was robbed or not, it was reported as ‘stolen’. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Scouse123 said:

'

We have heard nothing of this so-called offer by the RTP to interview her in London which you keep blabbing on about and referring to other than a small piece in some local rag called the Phuket times or something. No MAJOR paper has carried that story.

The offer was made, it does not matter which papers reported it!  The Bangkok Post also reported the offer.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, Khun Paul said:

The local Police are under immense pressure to deny everything and anything, now that is has been admitted that there is NO RAPE, Never Was and certainly not recorded by anyone on the island it must be a false story hence the arrest of others for sharing this story. Now RTP deal with the British press the same way and you will get short shrift. 

Apart from the connected Sun and Times the British press are silent about this girl's tales.

43 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...the girl was raped, she complained to the Thai Police and was not attended to".

Was she?  Did she?  How do you know that?  You're just taking the word of a girl who will not subject herself to an interview, even in London, nor register the complaint officially, with the only authorities that can do anything about it.   Why is her word so good?

I take her word over the Thai police every day.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

He was probably taking up the most controversial position on the BKK Post. He does the same tired old thing on certain threads here and over there. Once saw him unleash his vitriol on a user for criticizing a car company who were recalling a certain model after fears it might catch on fire. Extremely odd behaviour. 

Weird and twisted,to tell you the truth I don't even bother to read most of what he spews out and I think I'm not the only one.like the saying goes...every village has to have a idiot and the same goes with forums.

26 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Apart from the connected Sun and Times the British press are silent about this girl's tales.

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The offer was made, it does not matter which papers reported it!  The Bangkok Post also reported the offer.

Gotta laugh .

You state that the girls allegations have only been reported on by two UK newspapers , casting doubt on her story because only two UK newspapers have reported on it .

You then post that ONE Thai newspaper has reported something, so.............it must be true!!!!!

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, fake farang said:

The whole world is watching, and you think Thai police will do that.

She does not even dare to show her own face over there.

The thing is the whole world is not watching, a handful of anonymous Thaivisa posters is not the whole world!

Where is this being actively reported since her initial unconfirmed allegations?  The Sun hasn't followed it up neither has The Times.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Allegedly!   None of that has been proven in this case.

Although it hasnt yet been proven in this case , it has previously happened numerous times in Thailand .

She and others have just stated that their drinks were spiked , but it hasnt yet be proven 

Archived