Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, duanebigsby said:

The posters claiming the girl is lying are asking for the evidence.

The posters who think her story might be valid are asking for the evidence.

Both sides would like to see an investigation.

Of course, no argument from me there. An investigation is paramount. The problem with Thailand though is the deceit and corruption. So even if the claims by the girl are dismissed, there will be people who just refuse to accept she was not raped simply because it is KT. If this had happened in Mukdahan, Korat, CM, Phuket, there would not be as much suspicion. Personally I feel there are too many holes in the girls story and her lack of urgency to get back to Thailand and get this sorted speaks volumes. If she has the evidence, bring it to Thailand, open an investigation and bring an end to it one way or the other

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

My apologies, I forgot about the girl reporting it, the reason I forgot is because she didnt report it in the place it happened and she was told to report it in Koh Tao instead of where she did.

So yes I accept my error there

However, the facts still remain that there is no proof of anything like rape has taken place, yet you accuse me of being an apologist of rape haha. Your 'matter of fact' way of writing doesnt mean you are correct. And the little paragraph at the end says more about you than it does me. 

At the moment there is only 2 people know if she was raped, she is one of them, you are NOT the other. As much as you call me the names you did, I could say the same about you being a #metoo nutcase!

It will come out one day that she is lying, and you will not be so cocky with your ill informed presumptions and guesses she was in fact raped. Maybe you are in for 50% of her cut

The Thai Police have no interest in seeking proof, they are focused only on discrediting the girl. The girl will not return to Thailand, and few would blame her given that even Thai’s have been arrested for passing on information about the case electronically and the Police have claimed no rape took place. She just made that up ... why do you think she did that Walter, for money? For fame? 

Plenty of tourists have gone gone to the Police to report thefts as part of an insurance scam, I can’t recall anyone embellishing their story with a report of being drugged and raped into the bargain? I don’t believe that the girl is lying. She’ll never see justice in Thailand, even if she returned there, not something I would advise. She has no reason to lie. But you are absolutely convinced that there was no rape ... where you there Walter? 

I would assume her 4 male room-mates would be first in line as possible suspects, especially the one at the beach with her.
But all the posters here seem to be looking for a Thai attacker.
I can't believe the number of posters hating on Thais.

Hate Thai police, hate Thai government, hate Thai bar owners, hate the Thai receptionist.
Guys, move somewhere else if you don't like the locals.
I dont think anyone has stopped to even consider if anything did actially happen it could have easily been non thai...its certainly already a closed case for some.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, mdmayes said:

She does not have to go back to murder island if she is uncomfortable to do so. This is 2018, everything can be done electronically. If BIB wants to, they could send an officer to the UK to interview the lady in person. The thai police had there chance to interview the lady in Thailand but ignored her plea at that time. As per any forensic evidence, let the it be done in Briton so there is no accidental loss of important DNA.

She is a fighter and will not go quietly into the night. The Thai police / government were hoping this lady was a mouse and go hide away. But they now see they were dealing with a lion and are scrabbling to try and discredit. You go girl.

"If BIB wants to, they could send an officer to the UK to interview the lady in person."

You are not serious surely? She makes a complaint of rape and you expect the cops to travel half way round the world to her?

Utopia is missing a unicorn

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

I dont think anyone has stopped to even consider if anything did actially happen it could have easily been non thai...its certainly already a closed case for some.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

who said it was a Thai?  i can not recall any poster claiming the rapist was a Thai..i see you are another poster who should put away the big wooden spoon

7 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

"If BIB wants to, they could send an officer to the UK to interview the lady in person."

You are not serious surely? She makes a complaint of rape and you expect the cops to travel half way round the world to her?

Just weird and Mr Crab may disagree with you.

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The Thai Police have no interest in seeking proof, they are focused only on discrediting the girl. The girl will not return to Thailand, and few would blame her given that even Thai’s have been arrested for passing on information about the case electronically and the Police have claimed no rape took place. She just made that up ... why do you think she did that Walter, for money? For fame? 

Plenty of tourists have gone gone to the Police to report thefts as part of an insurance scam, I can’t recall anyone embellishing their story with a report of being drugged and raped into the bargain? I don’t believe that the girl is lying. She’ll never see justice in Thailand, even if she returned there, not something I would advise. She has no reason to lie. But you are absolutely convinced that there was no rape ... where you there Walter? 

Alex I cannot converse with you when you talk in such a matter of fact way. You stae things as facts that have no evidence of being facts.

1) The Thai Police have no interest in seeking proof, they are focused only on discrediting the girl.

This your opinion maybe based on previous cases

2) She just made that up ... why do you think she did that Walter, for money? For fame? 

Yes, it would not be the first time and to be fair, crying victim is a common occurance lately so that idea is certainly possible

3) She has no reason to lie. 

See above comment

4) But you are absolutely convinced that there was no rape ... where you there Walter?

Absolutely convinced is putting words in my mouth because I do not know 100% which is what is required to be absolutely convinced. But just in case you still do not understand where I am coming from, I will educate you on my view for at least the 3rd time . . . . (oh and no I wasnt there, but I do not portray my views as facts unlike yourself, I always base my views on my opinions)

I think the girl got into consensual sex with someone whether it be Thai or Farang. I think later or after, she may have regretted having sex and chose to do the millenial thing and play the victim. If she had her belongings stolen, that is possibly enough to fill the girl with anger and make such accusations without thinking forward. Now we are at that stage of where she should have been thinking, she is in a very precarious position. Like I said, I believe my gut feeling. If I am wrong then big whoop, come and bombard me with " I told you so's" 

Just dont try and put words in my mouth - Im really not that gullible. 

4 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Big whoop! Are they the fonts of all knowledge sitting on clouds like the gods in Jason and the argonauts or mere mortals with opinions? 

Last I heard they organised a night out but didnt tell you

blue on blue...nice one Trigger

6 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Alex I cannot converse with you when you talk in such a matter of fact way. You stae things as facts that have no evidence of being facts.

1) The Thai Police have no interest in seeking proof, they are focused only on discrediting the girl.

2) She just made that up ... why do you think she did that Walter, for money? For fame? 

Yes, it would not be the first time and to be fair, crying victim is a common occurance lately so that idea is certainly possible

See above comment

4) But you are absolutely convinced that there was no rape ... where you there Walter?

Absolutely convinced is putting words in my mouth because I do not know 100% which is what is required to be absolutely convinced. But just in case you still do not understand where I am coming from, I will educate you on my view for at least the 3rd time . . . . (oh and no I wasnt there, but I do not portray my views as facts unlike yourself, I always base my views on my opinions)

I think the girl got into consensual sex with someone whether it be Thai or Farang. I think later or after, she may have regretted having sex and chose to do the millenial thing and play the victim. If she had her belongings stolen, that is possibly enough to fill the girl with anger and make such accusations without thinking forward. Now we are at that stage of where she should have been thinking, she is in a very precarious position. Like I said, I believe my gut feeling. If I am wrong then big whoop, come and bombard me with " I told you so's" 

As soon as they issued arrest warrants for a group of nobodies sharing the story online, they confirmed what their agenda was.  

On 9/10/2018 at 5:07 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

Why aren’t they interested in the shirt DNA, or invstigate for real, or work with the UK authorities...?

It is a serious charge, and it can impact tourism if not well imvestigated.

I guess this was s all common sense, and except to a person like yourself.  Maybe you know something we don’t, you are from a very corrupt  country, or you got screwed over by women before, and never recovered?  Do you get it?

9 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

As soon as they issued arrest warrants for a group of nobodies sharing the story online, they confirmed what their agenda was.  

Do you think the police/govt made this law because of this story and used 'fake news' as a side issue to hide the fact they are using 'fake news' to silence people on this particular subject?

I would admit the timing is coincidental and we will know the answer 100% if this law is retracted once this story has 'concluded'

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you don't like the rules here, don't come here.

It's really easy.

I'm happy enough to accept the Thai government, army and police the way they are.

If I didn't like it I would leave.

I would suggest Somalia or Afganistan for your next holiday destinations.

Yes it's obvious that you and the RTP are like two peas in a pod

Seems to me that many posters think it was a Thai rapist , this is an island full of foreigners . Could have been one of her 3 room mates ,  or it could have been another tourist , she never described how her attacker looked like, or did she? 

She was too drunk/drugs.

3 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Do you think the police/govt made this law because of this story and used 'fake news' as a side issue to hide the fact they are using 'fake news' to silence people on this particular subject?

I would admit the timing is coincidental and we will know the answer 100% if this law is retracted once this story has 'concluded'

What? Articulate, please. 

The government/police can make up any charges they want. That’s the beauty of the ‘computer crimes act’. It’s as ambiguous as it wants to be. Also, this ain’t no democracy. No one can hold them accountable.

28 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

See above comment

In a previous post you say:

"It will come out one day that she is lying, and you will not be so cocky with your ill informed presumptions and guesses she was in fact raped". 

Above you say:

"Absolutely convinced is putting words into my mouth"

Both statements above are yours Walter ... not mine. 

On the point in 1) ... not based on previous cases, based on this one. Arresting Thais for social media postings and making bold statements about no crime happening in Koh Tao ... the girl being called a liar and threatened with a ban. And the guy that made those statements never spoke to her.

On point 2) ... do you expect her to be guest appearing in next year's Love Island TV show? She spoke to one newspaper, a reputable one, in the UK. No face photographs or names. Hardly the actions of a fame seeker. Shame on you.

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

What? Articulate, please. 

The government/police can make up any charges they want. That’s the beauty of the ‘computer crimes act’. It’s as ambiguous as it wants to be. Also, this ain’t no democracy. No one can hold them accountable.

Im under the impression that Thai citizens are being arrested for sharing 'fake news' (Im in England by the way not Thailand). I was asking if you think that this recent 'oppression' is because of this case in particular. Was just asking how you saw it as I notice the timing of the 'law' is coincidentally running at the same time as this news story. I take it that they are arresting people for any fake news or is it only related to this story? 

Maybe the KT mafia has "ordered" the cops to implement this as to quell any suspicion? In which case that would suggest a rape had occurred - hmmm. 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:07 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

Does anyone really believe the girl would welcome witness statements and spill the beans as to exactly what she was doing in Thailand and who with? No way, this won`t be happening at anytime soon.

The worse part of all this is that the western media and morons on the social media will put this down as another official crime incident on Koh Tao.

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

In a previous post you say:

"It will come out one day that she is lying, and you will not be so cocky with your ill informed presumptions and guesses she was in fact raped". 

Above you say:

"Absolutely convinced is putting words into my mouth"

Both statements above are yours Walter ... not mine. 

On the point in 1) ... not based on previous cases, based on this one. Arresting Thais for social media postings and making bold statements about no crime happening in Koh Tao ... the girl being called a liar and threatened with a ban. And the guy that made those statements never spoke to her.

On point 2) ... do you expect her to be guest appearing in next year's Love Island TV show? She spoke to one newspaper, a reputable one, in the UK. No face photographs or names. Hardly the actions of a fame seeker. Shame on you.

In point 1) you again talk factually without knowing. This is something YOU could be arrested for. I didnt say no crime happened on Koh Tao. I said it is my gut feeling she wasnt raped because like i said FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I do not make factual statements until I know the facts or I have actually witnessed something

In point 2) you start with a ridiculous line that again is tantamount to putting words in my mouth or you guessing AGAIN what I am thinking. AGAIN you are wrong. Another example you are wrong is this Love Island BS!?!? What are you on about?? Why would I expect her to be on that? Why did that scenario even enter your head? Another example of you being wrong is your final sentence. "Hardly the actions of a fame seeker? How would you know? Are you this girls brain? Do you know her? Do you know me? Do you know anything about either of us? No you dont, yet you constantly GUESS about us. I dont make guesses about you. I reply to what I see written, NOT what I think you might be as a person!! Jeez Id be on another ban if i actually was given free reign on you. All I will say is you think Im a bar stool whatever it is. Well if I have the right to reply, may I suggest you put a little less green in your grinder, it is not having such a good effect on how you portray any common sense you may still have.

I did say a couple of messages ago that I will stop conversing with you and gave my reasons. Your messages since have given me no reason to change my mind so this will be my last message with you

Have a great day and whatever the outcome of this girls claims of rape, liar or victim, its not gonna affect my life or yours. 

9 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Im under the impression that Thai citizens are being arrested for sharing 'fake news' (Im in England by the way not Thailand). I was asking if you think that this recent 'oppression' is because of this case in particular. Was just asking how you saw it as I notice the timing of the 'law' is coincidentally running at the same time as this news story. I take it that they are arresting people for any fake news or is it only related to this story? 

Maybe the KT mafia has "ordered" the cops to implement this as to quell any suspicion? In which case that would suggest a rape had occurred - hmmm. 

As for it being a new law, it’s not a new law. It’s the computer crimes act. Like other laws in Thailand they’re made up as they go along and used on a whim as a tool for the rich and the powerful. 

Anyway, that has nothing to do with them filing these charges. My point was that as soon as they set out to arrest the people for sharing the story, they made it very clear what their agenda was towards this whole story. To silence and move on. 

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

Something else you have missed, apparently they are very keen about travelling to the UK to interview the young lady

Well that's according to one apologist anyway

“She said that Thai authorities tried to publicly discredit her rather than investigate her claim and did not offer basic support or forensic checks.”

This, unfortunately, is happening on a daily basis - discredit the claim by making it ridiculous or unprovable. Came across this situation countless times when looking for a culprit of something which went wrong.

Next step is denial, hence “However, Thai police who investigated the claim concluded that no rape took place.”

It would be interesting to know, how they came to such a conclusion as you cannot prove a negative.

I am sure there is CCTV footage of what happened at that police station to verify the claim of “The teenager has claimed that she tried to file a complaint with Thai police about the rape but they refused to document it. However Thai police maintain she only mentioned the robbery of her belongings.”

Just make sure that the CCTV was not off or overwritten already as that would clear the matter - once and for all.

In the story published on September 8, she said that Thai authorities tried to publicly discredit her rather than investigate her claim and did not offer basic support or forensic checks. 

However, Thai police who investigated the claim concluded that no rape took place.

The teenager has claimed that she tried to file a complaint with Thai police about the rape but they refused to document it. However Thai police maintain she only mentioned the robbery of her belongings.

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

Big whoop! Are they the fonts of all knowledge sitting on clouds like the gods in Jason and the argonauts or mere mortals with opinions? 

Last I heard they organised a night out but didnt tell you

Try reading the whole thread my man, big ask I know buts it the only way to make sure you don't devalue your sides argument 555555555

26 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

In point 1) you again talk factually without knowing. This is something YOU could be arrested for. I didnt say no crime happened on Koh Tao. I said it is my gut feeling she wasnt raped because like i said FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I do not make factual statements until I know the facts or I have actually witnessed something

In point 2) you start with a ridiculous line that again is tantamount to putting words in my mouth or you guessing AGAIN what I am thinking. AGAIN you are wrong. Another example you are wrong is this Love Island BS!?!? What are you on about?? Why would I expect her to be on that? Why did that scenario even enter your head? Another example of you being wrong is your final sentence. "Hardly the actions of a fame seeker? How would you know? Are you this girls brain? Do you know her? Do you know me? Do you know anything about either of us? No you dont, yet you constantly GUESS about us. I dont make guesses about you. I reply to what I see written, NOT what I think you might be as a person!! Jeez Id be on another ban if i actually was given free reign on you. All I will say is you think Im a bar stool whatever it is. Well if I have the right to reply, may I suggest you put a little less green in your grinder, it is not having such a good effect on how you portray any common sense you may still have.

I did say a couple of messages ago that I will stop conversing with you and gave my reasons. Your messages since have given me no reason to change my mind so this will be my last message with you

Have a great day and whatever the outcome of this girls claims of rape, liar or victim, its not gonna affect my life or yours. 

We shall consider it the "Last Post" then  

17 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Next step is denial, hence “However, Thai police who investigated the claim concluded that no rape took place.”

It would be interesting to know, how they came to such a conclusion as you cannot prove a negative.

The police proved a rape didn't happen with the Brit girl + Black French Policeman.

CCTV evidence + selfies taken with the guy in bed + witness statements did the job.

54 minutes ago, balo said:

Seems to me that many posters think it was a Thai rapist , this is an island full of foreigners . Could have been one of her 3 room mates ,  or it could have been another tourist , she never described how her attacker looked like, or did she? 

She was too drunk/drugs.

Go to Facebook and find Suttichai Yoon. He has an interview with Martin Phu, who was also allegedly drugged and was with the girl. Both had passed out on the beach in the early hours of the morning. The interview was published 8th September and is easy to find. The victim reports awakening with no underwear on and with a Thai man standing over her. He then fled the scene.

8 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The victim reports awakening with no underwear on and with a Thai man standing over her. He then fled the scene.

A Thai man ? 

Do you really think she know the difference between a Thai , Burmese, Cambodian or any other Asian guys ?   He didnt speak to her.

So from this report we now know that the alleged rape was done by an Asian . 

You are aware that 70% of the the "locals" are migrant workers? 

2 minutes ago, balo said:

A Thai man ? 

Do you really think she know the difference between a Thai , Burmese, Cambodian or any other Asian guys ?   He didnt speak to her.

So from this report we now know that the alleged rape was done by an Asian . 

You are aware that 70% of the the "locals" are migrant workers? 

100% of the "locals" are "locals,"

The rest are something else 

Archived