Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

In point 1) you again talk factually without knowing. This is something YOU could be arrested for. I didnt say no crime happened on Koh Tao. I said it is my gut feeling she wasnt raped because like i said FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I do not make factual statements until I know the facts or I have actually witnessed something

In point 2) you start with a ridiculous line that again is tantamount to putting words in my mouth or you guessing AGAIN what I am thinking. AGAIN you are wrong. Another example you are wrong is this Love Island BS!?!? What are you on about?? Why would I expect her to be on that? Why did that scenario even enter your head? Another example of you being wrong is your final sentence. "Hardly the actions of a fame seeker? How would you know? Are you this girls brain? Do you know her? Do you know me? Do you know anything about either of us? No you dont, yet you constantly GUESS about us. I dont make guesses about you. I reply to what I see written, NOT what I think you might be as a person!! Jeez Id be on another ban if i actually was given free reign on you. All I will say is you think Im a bar stool whatever it is. Well if I have the right to reply, may I suggest you put a little less green in your grinder, it is not having such a good effect on how you portray any common sense you may still have.

I did say a couple of messages ago that I will stop conversing with you and gave my reasons. Your messages since have given me no reason to change my mind so this will be my last message with you

Have a great day and whatever the outcome of this girls claims of rape, liar or victim, its not gonna affect my life or yours. 

I don’t know you but I have a sense of you from your ridiculous posts ... if I said what I think I’d probably be censored. So I’ll leave it there.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

100% of the "locals" are "locals,"

The rest are something else 

Yes , sorry for that , if by locals you mean Thai's , around 25% are Thais , the rest are migrant workers, and not only Asian's.  

1 minute ago, balo said:

Yes , sorry for that , if by locals you mean Thai's , around 25% are Thais , the rest are migrant workers, and not only Asian's.  

You are talking about the nationality's of the "local" population

I was just being a bit silly I knew what you meant

42 minutes ago, balo said:

A Thai man ? 

Do you really think she know the difference between a Thai , Burmese, Cambodian or any other Asian guys ?   He didnt speak to her.

So from this report we now know that the alleged rape was done by an Asian . 

You are aware that 70% of the the "locals" are migrant workers? 

She said Thai, but obviously, it could have been any similarly looking asian. I'm just reporting on what was stated in the video. 

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Cuts, bruises, blood samples showing drugs, videos of her fighting or being dragged, his skin under her fingernails, witnesses to the abduction. Stuff like that.

If it's just 'he said, she said', or in this case just 'she said', why even waste time investigating.

Because many times rape cases have to be built on he said / she said. Date rape is often like that. 

On 9/10/2018 at 7:53 PM, Esso49 said:

This should be interesting as to how the Thai authorities approach the fact that the Times has published this interview. 

Well if the police simply classify it as fake news then a lot of people are going to be in a whole pile of trouble.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Thai authorities went after her extradition on charges of spreading fake news and tarnishing the islands image.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well if the police simply classify it as fake news then a lot of people are going to be in a whole pile of trouble.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Thai authorities went after her extradition on charges of spreading fake news and tarnishing the islands image.

Which image would that be, the fake one or the real one

The very LAST THING the Thai police actually want is for her to return, not that she would anyway. They want her to return about as much as they do Thaksin!

Hence, the threats and intimidation passed to her through the media. Let's be honest. NO INVESTIGATION has taken place WHATSOEVER.

You have had Big Joke parading, as just that, a Big Joke, around the island for a few hours.

He spoke to the hostel resort lady and that is it. No meaningful work to establish the truth of this has taken place. He announces that he suspects the girl to be lying without ever meeting her. He sets off on a ' crusade ' using the computer crimes act to arrest Samui Times editor, various people who re-posted Facebook news, he uses media to discredit the girl, he doesn't interview any of the other male foreigners who were with her or staying in the same room/hostel, yet he can arrive at his conclusion in about four hours on the island!

Wow, this guy would put Sherlock Holmes in the shade!

We then have a girl who DID report the matter, when she was in a distressed state, to the hostel owner on Koh Tao,, who even offered to go with her to the local police.

The hostel owner later, after a police visit, changed this version of events, which happened very soon after the event itself.

Is it not feasible to some here, that all this girl wanted to do was get to a ' safe-haven '  as in her boyfriend? She said ' Her boyfriend was going to be at the full moon party ' This has been changed to ' She didn't care and wanted to get to the full moon party '

Next, when she got to the next island of the party, she yet again reported the matter tom the police. It doesn't appear she was drinking and dancing on the beach.

Well, it seems a ' tad strange ' that to say the local police on KP had no jurisdiction, that they could take a report for lost or stolen items but couldn't take one for rape because it occurred on a different island, as in KT.? So did the theft/robbery!!! , so what is the difference?

Then the girl removes herself, cuts her holiday short and flies home with a T-shirt she says has bodily fluids on it. It seems a bit far-fetched that she would do this and take this evidence back to the UK and report to the British police/Scotland Yard, just to ' make a drama ' and cover up a late night fling with somebody other than her boyfriend. She could easily, had she done that, have just kept quiet and boyfriend would have been none the wiser.

A lot of posters are sat on their keyboards and have the benefit of hindsight and time on their hands to go therough things logically and in chronoligical order. This is a 19 year old student. What seems daft to us, could have made perfect sense to her at the time with all the confusion, no doubt stories about Koh Tao were then offered up after the event by do gooders and those ' in the know ' on the island , loads of people each with their own ideas of the correct way forward. It's the old saying, ' We are all wiser after the event '

She also has not, as many on here said she would, either gone quiet or let the story fade away, she has now been interviewed by a very reputable newspaper in the U.K. and maintains her story.

Finally, I do find it believable when she points out that the police were not interested in listening and were only concerned about their tourism numbers and discrediting the story of rape.

Why? because this is in line with what the Thai police have done since Thailand became a tourist destination.

The way the Thai police are responding is very much ' Thai behaviour ' when backed into a corner.All sense of reason goes out the window and only ' face ' matters.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:58 PM, Happy enough said:

so come back and file the complaint as requested by the RTP. it's a must. otherwise it's all hearsay. even scotland yard can't do anything

The Burmese 2 case says it all, wrong DNA wrong perps, the murderers walk free, I believe the girl, why go back and be tormented by a force that lets murderers run a bar and kill at will without fear of prosecution.

Killagains island should be nuked, it will never be cleansed while these mafia families run it.

Any tourists who go there are crazy, just  drug crazed fools go there, and children.

4 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The Burmese 2 case says it all, wrong DNA wrong perps, the murderers walk free, I believe the girl, why go back and be tormented by a force that lets murderers run a bar and kill at will without fear of prosecution.

Killagains island should be nuked, it will never be cleansed while these mafia families run it.

Any tourists who go there are crazy, just  drug crazed fools go there, and children.

I was pretty wasted when I was on this thread so a few comments don’t really make much sense. It’s difficlt to discuss these things nowadays really with the silly laws they have in place. Anyway, it looks like it’s going to be another incident that will just be brushed under the carpet which is a shame as for those incidents that are real crimes it would nice to finally see some of those guys brought to justice. 

44 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Then the girl removes herself, cuts her holiday short and flies home with a T-shirt she says has bodily fluids on it. It seems a bit far-fetched that she would do this and take this evidence back to the UK and report to the British police/Scotland Yard, just to ' make a drama ' and cover up a late night fling with somebody other than her boyfriend. She could easily, had she done that, have just kept quiet and boyfriend would have been none the wiser

And yet the Assie bogan and 18yo Brit accusing Black French policeman did very similar things.

Many women appear to lie about such things, and to the police in Thailand.

Having experienced western women lying at first hand, I tend to not listen any more. 

If I'd been violently assaulted, I'd be down the police station as soon as I could stand.

I doubt anyone that behaves differently (and I suspect the police do too).

Big Joke says they are after 'victim compensation' money, who am I to disbelieve him.

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And yet the Assie bogan and 18yo Brit accusing Black French policeman did very similar things.

Many women appear to lie about such things, and to the police in Thailand.

Having experienced western women lying at first hand, I tend to not listen any more. 

If I'd been violently assaulted, I'd be down the police station as soon as I could stand.

I doubt anyone that behaves differently (and I suspect the police do too).

Big Joke says they are after 'victim compensation' money, who am I to disbelieve him.

Entirely up to you, you formed your views and I formed mine.

I find it a 'nonsense ' to suggest she was after victim compensation money and I doubt it exists and would be very interested to see any payouts on this scheme!

The young soldier, still in a coma and attacked by senior soldiers, the family were promised 30,000 baht in assistance which still has not materialized, so if Thais cannot have access to this ' fund ' I doubt very much foreigners can and I doubt foreigners have even heard or thought of it.

And as far as your faith in Thai police is concerned, they are ranked as some of the most corrupt in the world.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Next, when she got to the next island of the party, she yet again reported the matter tom the police. It doesn't appear she was drinking and dancing on the beach.

Source? 

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

And as far as your faith in Thai police is concerned, they are ranked as some of the most corrupt in the world.

I don't have faith in any police, anywhere in the world.

The Thai police seem more reasonable than the UK, USA or Israeli police (from my personal experiences with police worldwide).

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

... Or if a pretty girl tells a guy she loves him and wants to stay with him forever then some people say he is the idiot because he believed her. ...

Did this deception of the heart happen to you or was it a personal acquaintance? Either way, it goes a long way towards your thinly veiled contention that, despite your statement that both men and women can lie equally, the  female of the species are somehow more prolific at it?

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

... But when a women who gets regularly drunk tells a tabloid she was raped on an island somewhere far away then we are supposed to believe every word of her? ...

And now you introduce the notion that this particular woman must get drunk 'regularly'? Based on what? Regardless, does getting drunk regularly somehow diminish the high possibility that someone may have taken advantage and raped her?

She was not simply drunk; there's a high likelihood that both her and a partner were drugged.

No, we do not have to unreservedly believe her, but there's that vital human trait called giving someone the benefit of the doubt, a trait which you appear to be bereft of.

The Times isn't a tabloid either.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:48 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The teenager has claimed that she tried to file a complaint with Thai police about the rape but they refused to document it. However Thai police maintain she only mentioned the robbery of her belongings.

It's a bad day for the truth when your sources are a teenage girl vs. the Thai police.  Both groups are not known for their clear thinking or accurate reporting.  But I believe this young woman personally, her story fits my biases.  

50 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

... Or if a pretty girl tells a guy she loves him and wants to stay with him forever then some people say he is the idiot because he believed her. ...

Did this deception of the heart happen to you or was it a personal acquaintance? Either way, it goes a long way towards your thinly veiled contention that, despite your statement that both men and women can lie equally, the  female of the species are somehow more prolific at it?

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

... But when a women who gets regularly drunk tells a tabloid she was raped on an island somewhere far away then we are supposed to believe every word of her? ...

And now you introduce the notion that this particular woman must get drunk 'regularly'? Based on what? Regardless, does getting drunk regularly somehow diminish the high possibility that someone may have taken advantage and raped her?

She was not simply drunk; there's a high likelihood that both her and a partner were drugged.

No, we do not have to unreservedly believe her, but there's that vital human trait called giving someone the benefit of the doubt, a trait which you appear to be bereft of.

The Times isn't a tabloid either.

Luckily for me I was never on the receiving end of too many bad lies.

But, like many men in Thailand, I heard enough stories from guys who believed women and who had to learn the very hard way that lots of seemingly lovely women are capable of lying with great talent - often to manipulate men.

And many women know perfectly well how to manipulate opinions again men.

I think this is why a lot of men learned not to believe everything women say. Especially if women pretend they are the innocent victims and a man or men took advantage of her the red light goes on that maybe this is not always the whole truth.

Since MeToo many women made lots of accusations often about a long time ago and often without any evidence. And in many (all?) of those cases men were not treated as innocent until proven guilty. It seems the press and some people believe basically everything these women said and lots of men suffered because of this severely. Because of accusations and only accusations without any proof.

I think people who are victims of any crime should go as soon as possible to the police and report the crime. And if the police does not listen then go again with a witness and/or a lawyer. It's obvious that it's  a lot easier to investigates crimes which just happened compared to crimes which happened weeks or even longer ago.

So if a person does not come forward right away after the alleged crime this brings up the questions of why. And I don't think "I wanted to go to the full moon party this is why I didn't report it" is a good enough reason.

And so it starts again!

A women gets (allegedly, at this point!) raped on Koh Tao and you can count on TV's finest to start the victim blaming (What was she doing on the beach...alone...why did she get drunk...blablah...) or defending the glorious RTP, who have the cleanest track record in the world, especially on Koh Tao!

?

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Luckily for me I was never on the receiving end of too many bad lies.

But, like many men in Thailand, I heard enough stories from guys who believed women and who had to learn the very hard way that lots of seemingly lovely women are capable of lying with great talent - often to manipulate men.

And many women know perfectly well how to manipulate opinions again men.

I think this is why a lot of men learned not to believe everything women say. Especially if women pretend they are the innocent victims and a man or men took advantage of her the red light goes on that maybe this is not always the whole truth.

Since MeToo many women made lots of accusations often about a long time ago and often without any evidence. And in many (all?) of those cases men were not treated as innocent until proven guilty. It seems the press and some people believe basically everything these women said and lots of men suffered because of this severely. Because of accusations and only accusations without any proof.

I think people who are victims of any crime should go as soon as possible to the police and report the crime. And if the police does not listen then go again with a witness and/or a lawyer. It's obvious that it's  a lot easier to investigates crimes which just happened compared to crimes which happened weeks or even longer ago.

So if a person does not come forward right away after the alleged crime this brings up the questions of why. And I don't think "I wanted to go to the full moon party this is why I didn't report it" is a good enough reason.

Drivel

Archived