Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

There was CCTV camera footage of an Asia man walking backwards and forwards approx 3 a.m. remember?

What other rape cases have there been reported on Koh Tao since the murder of Hannah 4 years ago?

You know very well, that there were a number of cameras that were NOT working conveniently, f.e. the one that should have have shown the pier and leaving speedboats in the early morning hours!

I really don't follow rape cases ob Koh Tao, as I have nicer hobbies -even nicer then defending the indefensible- so I don't know numbers of rape. 

But there were the occasional questionable deaths (that might have involved rape, since some of them were coming with female casualties) of divers and swimmers and a bunch of other people.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DM07 said:

You know very well, that there were a number of cameras that were NOT working conveniently, f.e. the one that should have have shown the pier and leaving speedboats in the early morning hours!

I really don't follow rape cases ob Koh Tao, as I have nicer hobbies -even nicer then defending the indefensible- so I don't know numbers of rape. 

But there were the occasional questionable deaths (that might have involved rape, since some of them were coming with female casualties) of divers and swimmers and a bunch of other people.

If the speedboat left the pier in the early morning it would have taken the bodies of Hannah and David and dumped them in the Gulf of Thailand to never be found, not in front of the very building owned by the village headman. Not too good to leave 2 bodies bludgeoned to death in front of your own business, eh?

What other 'questionable' deaths involved rape?

22 minutes ago, bannork said:

I'm afraid you were the one who brought driving into this, to quote you: 

The evidence is the fact that Thailand is a developing nation. Drive a car for a month and tell me how you get on with paying any fines.

I want to concentrate on what really happened to the alleged rape victim that night.

I did. I said it as a passing comment about corruption. You countered it with you haven't experienced corruption when driving. Twice. I didn't ask for a reply about driving. You then said to keep on topic. Again, I didn't ask a question to which you replied 'twice'. 

I want to concentrate on the alleged rape in question. My point was alluding to the police being corrupt; therefore, to take what they say with massive caution. 

24 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You're goading him into saying "yes I believe the police are corrupt" like most people do believe so that you can come back and say all 10 deaths on Koh Tao most likely are murders then.

Disingenuous.

No, I'm asking a simple question. Yes or no. He answered saying it was too broad a question. He was never going to say yes or no. Had he said 'yes'. I would have then had him admit that he 'could be wrong'. I could also be wrong. I'm basing my opinions off history and reputation of crimes and police action before. This is usually how you form opinions because none of us know the facts. 

31 minutes ago, bannork said:

If the speedboat left the pier in the early morning it would have taken the bodies of Hannah and David and dumped them in the Gulf of Thailand to never be found, not in front of the very building owned by the village headman. Not too good to leave 2 bodies bludgeoned to death in front of your own business, eh?

What other 'questionable' deaths involved rape?

...unless the rapist(s)/ murderer(s) were too dumb, too drugged up and too arrogant to do all that or even wanted to make an example!

Many have hinted to the total destruction of Hannahs face and seen it as a sign of revenge for making the rapist(s) and murderer(s), loose face!

But that aside!

For your question: go back and read my post. I said "that might have involved rape"!

And by the way there were many rape allegations throughout the years and allegations of the use of date rape- drugs on the island, especially by members of one certain family.

But I think, you know all that and are trying to play catch, now! 

36 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I did. I said it as a passing comment about corruption. You countered it with you haven't experienced corruption when driving. Twice. I didn't ask for a reply about driving. You then said to keep on topic. Again, I didn't ask a question to which you replied 'twice'. 

I want to concentrate on the alleged rape in question. My point was alluding to the police being corrupt; therefore, to take what they say with massive caution. 

I countered because you came back with this statement- then don’t make incredulous statements when we’ve all lived here long enough and understand how things work. .

I pointed out to you that there was nothing incredulous about my statement. How long have you been in Thailand?

In this case of alleged rape I'm more interested in what the alleged victim has to say rather than the police.. Now Big Joke is going to the UK to interview her hopefully things will become clearer.

1 minute ago, bannork said:

I countered because you came back with this statement- then don’t make incredulous statements when we’ve all lived here long enough and understand how things work. .

I pointed out to you that there was nothing incredulous about my statement. How long have you been in Thailand?

In this case of alleged rape I'm more interested in what the alleged victim has to say rather than the police.. Now Big Joke is going to the UK to interview her hopefully things will become clearer.

The incredulous statement was in relation to your attitude towards 'this case'. Not about you driving around carefree in Essan in your pick-up truck. Again, you brought this up. I don't care. 

The whole point of my original post was to have you at least admit that the police shouldn't be trusted 100%. That's all. I was hoping you could do that so we could then move forward with an honest conversation. 

23 minutes ago, DM07 said:

...unless the rapist(s)/ murderer(s) were too dumb, too drugged up and too arrogant to do all that or even wanted to make an example!

Many have hinted to the total destruction of Hannahs face and seen it as a sign of revenge for making the rapist(s) and murderer(s), loose face!

But that aside!

For your question: go back and read my post. I said "that might have involved rape"!

And by the way there were many rape allegations throughout the years and allegations of the use of date rape- drugs on the island, especially by members of one certain family.

But I think, you know all that and are trying to play catch, now! 

This will in all probability be erased by the mods as being irrelevant to the OP but I will continue in the hope it's not.

You're saying the rapist(s)/murderer(s) had their wits enough about them to take a speedboat in the early morning hours to get away yet they were too dumb/drunk/arrogant to cover up the crime. One would have to be really dumb to think Dad and Uncle wouldn't be mad at finding 2 tourists battered to death right on his establishment's doorstep!

Perhaps the murderers can be found in the football team from the mainland that were visiting Koh Tao that night. Perhaps.

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The incredulous statement was in relation to your attitude towards 'this case'. Not about you driving around carefree in Essan in your pick-up truck. Again, you brought this up. I don't care. 

The whole point of my original post was to have you at least admit that the police shouldn't be trusted 100%. That's all. I was hoping you could do that so we could then move forward with an honest conversation. 

I have refrained from commenting on this particular case so far simply because we know so little.  All we have are the words of the girl so far. As I say, hopefully more light will be shed on the matter over the next month.

In the meantime my fuel cap is refusing to unlock and I must head to the dealer before I'm out of diesel.

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

This will in all probability be erased by the mods as being irrelevant to the OP but I will continue in the hope it's not.

You're saying the rapist(s)/murderer(s) had their wits enough about them to take a speedboat in the early morning hours to get away yet they were too dumb/drunk/arrogant to cover up the crime. One would have to be really dumb to think Dad and Uncle wouldn't be mad at finding 2 tourists battered to death right on his establishment's doorstep!

Perhaps the murderers can be found in the football team from the mainland that were visiting Koh Tao that night. Perhaps.

I am not discussing the Witheridge- case with you any more!

This has been done over and over and the case, as it was presented by the courts and the RTP (and the shills, who defended everything on Koh Tao and everything Thai) has holes in it, big enough to hide more then 2 bodies in it!

That is EXACTLY why a number of posters on this forum have gigantic doubts, when it comes to anything, the RTP said!

As far as I understand the OP, there was no thorough investigation of the allegations in any way, just a short looking into it and a dismissal. 

By the RTP!

On a rape allegation!

On Koh Tao!

What an utter surprise! 

Yeeeees...it's all a mysterious chain of totally unrelated, yet eerie similar events.
Date rape drugs, other drugs, rapes, murder, attempted rapes...and OF COURSE all the dirty filthy farang are lying and are just trying to smear the snowywhite reputation of Koh Tao, it's upstanding citizens and the great work of the RTP, who are always on the point and absolutely accurate in their work.

Ok...enough of the sarcasm: you know the case of the B2, don't you?!
The Hannah Witheridge - murder?!
- CCTV- cameras didn't wort (at least not in the places or at times, when and where it mattered)
- the crime scene was tempered with
- evidence disappeared, was not taken into account or was "used" up
- witnesses and suspects were either beat into confession or not even considered suspects, after the main investigator was transferred to another place
- evidence was stored on the property of suspects etc pp

And that was only ONE case, that was handled abysmal by all concerned and mostly by the RTP!
So...this is not the first accusation of rape on Koh Tao (probably in connection with date rape drugs) and it was also not the first time the RTP handled the case questionable.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it mishandles cases like a duck... 
I was on the island when it happened, i watched the whole thing unfold and turn into a circus through the medias desperation to get the 'breaking news', i watched and listened as chinese whispers or gossip got printed and have been regurgatated here so many times as facts.
Actually being on the island longer than a tourist or tv member is why i call bs on the st articles, as does anyone that actually lives there.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

I was on the island when it happened, i watched the whole thing unfold and turn into a circus through the medias desperation to get the 'breaking news', i watched and listened as chinese whispers or gossip got printed and have been regurgatated here so many times as facts.
Actually being on the island longer than a tourist or tv member is why i call bs on the st articles, as does anyone that actually lives there.

Wrong 

The same goes for this aledged rape, if the st hadnt come out with the story i and i think many i know may have given it some credibility, however because it was them i dont, and what ive read so far seems all too convenient, i will be happy to be proved wrong, but if im proved right i wont gloat about it like i have no doubts many in here will.

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

The same goes for this aledged rape, if the st hadnt come out with the story i and i think many i know may have given it some credibility, however because it was them i dont, and what ive read so far seems all too convenient, i will be happy to be proved wrong, but if im proved right i wont gloat about it like i have no doubts many in here will.

I think that’s half the problem with kt. The reputation and boy cried wolf type thing. there’s no smoke without fire and there are those that just plain know. But since you live there you’d already know that wouldn’t you 

29 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Oh you were there!

That makes you all the more credible, of course!

I now suddenly believe, Koh Tao is a tropical paradise, where grilled chicken and fruit fly directly into your mouth and nothing bad ever happens!

I also hear, that the sun shines directly out of everybody's @$$!

So...you are "being on the island longer than a tourist or tv member"...which totally makes you an insider in police investigation, murder mystery and all things rapie, I guess!

Of course, it was all chinese whispers, that the police completely destroyed the crime scene, that evidence was "used up" or not even investigated and so on and so forth!

Got it!

This discussion is becoming a waste of time!

Or left on any of the 6 boats that left the island that day.

Oh you were there!
That makes you all the more credible, of course!
I now suddenly believe, Koh Tao is a tropical paradise, where grilled chicken and fruit fly directly into your mouth and nothing bad ever happens!
I also hear, that the sun shines directly out of everybody's @$$!

So...you are "being on the island longer than a tourist or tv member"...which totally makes you an insider in police investigation, murder mystery and all things rapie, I guess!
Of course, it was all chinese whispers, that the police completely destroyed the crime scene, that evidence was "used up" or not even investigated and so on and so forth!
Got it!
This discussion is becoming a waste of time!

It means my opinions are formed from personal experience and not from getting overly invloved in a online threads in a forum like this.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Exactly how unexplained deaths have their been on Ko Samui in the last five years ?

If we go by the same standard people hold Koh Tao to then a lot.

Example an American who was last seen swimming ends up dead, a woman falls off a balcony and dies, a body found buried in sand (Burmese, so people don't seem to care much), a tourist found floating in a pool, the sudden death in his room of a diving instructor, an unidentified foreign male washed ashore, DJ found dead and police couldn't determine how he died, a Frenchman was found dead near a waterfall and the police arrested another Frenchman. 

This is just two years of stuff as the website doesn't go back any further. I'm not including the obvious stuff like motorcycle accidents etc.

Had these things happened on Koh Tao people would be suggesting it was foul play each time. 

25 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

If we go by the same standard people hold Koh Tao to then a lot.

Example an American who was last seen swimming ends up dead, a woman falls off a balcony and dies, a body found buried in sand (Burmese, so people don't seem to care much), a tourist found floating in a pool, the sudden death in his room of a diving instructor, an unidentified foreign male washed ashore, DJ found dead and police couldn't determine how he died, a Frenchman was found dead near a waterfall and the police arrested another Frenchman. 

This is just two years of stuff as the website doesn't go back any further. I'm not including the obvious stuff like motorcycle accidents etc.

Had these things happened on Koh Tao people would be suggesting it was foul play each time. 

Now you started something. We will soon have threads about all these deaths, claiming they were foul play

On 9/12/2018 at 6:25 PM, Just Weird said:

"Happily Enough is unfortunately ill-informed but you are absolutely clueless ... the girl reported the rape and theft to Thai Police but they refused to register her rape complaint".

That's just her allegation, it's not proven to be true...by a mile.

She alleged That she reported the police but there is nothing to back her story up. I just don’t understand the guardian reporting based on one sided story. 

End of the day I feel save in Koh Tao 

I go there with my family and never get threatened or been threatened

i haven’t walked alomgball beaches

only once I got pick pocketed by an Irishman. I remember because he was talking to me and distracting me and he was the only person who was around when i had my wallet 

I didn’t report it to the police . In those days I didn’t even know how. My only priority was getting my atm cards back and I borrowed money from my friends till my card was sent out 

If the thai police were suppressing the truth then they would be saying that her false rape accusations are ok but the truth is that the truth is that the rape accusation appears to be false

so they are not suppressing then truth 

2 hours ago, BigC said:

If the thai police were suppressing the truth then they would be saying that her false rape accusations are ok but the truth is that the truth is that the rape accusation appears to be false

so they are not suppressing then truth 

Well that was clear as mud. 

On 9/17/2018 at 3:35 PM, rkidlad said:

Well that was clear as mud. 

Ok in simplistic terms the truth is that the woman is lying so if the police were suppressing the truth then they would be saying that the woman is not lying 

4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Ok in simplistic terms the truth is that the woman is lying so if the police were suppressing the truth then they would be saying that the woman is not lying 

Okay, in simplistic terms we don't know if the woman is lying or not. That's a fact. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Okay, in simplistic terms we don't know if the woman is lying or not. That's a fact. 

Well the evidence is pointing towards a liar. Cctv showed the tide was high and there is no way she could have been asleep on the beach thag night

then the fact she went to full Pon party before reporting it.

then the punch up between her boyfriend and a man apparently she admitted to sleeping with

doesnt look like any truth has been suppressed 

Archived