Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

It's very difficult to prosecute a rape charge in the UK without witnesses or solid forensics ... and therefore many rapists get away with it.

Doesn't seem to stop the UK police arresting and holding anyone accused, and the tabloids naming and shaming.

Guilty or innocent, the man always suffers. How do you know many rapists get away with it?

I would think many innocent men get falsely imprisoned. (at least 4 men were with the London lady who made 5 accusations) (and the guy falsely accused of touching the 'game of thrones actress)

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I suggest that you listen carefully to her interview with The Times where she said what I have quoted, "**** [the male friend who offered to see her safely home] sat down on the beach with me...".  No nonsense and no drivel from me.

:spamsign::spamsign::spamsign::spamsign:

Give it a rest!

There seems to be a few intertwined threads on this topic

1) Koh Tao criminality 

2) Processing a rape allegation in the UK

3) Processing a rape allegation in Thailand 

4) This specific allegation 

If point 1 had been previously dealt with correctly then I’m pretty sure the majority would be letting justice take its course on point 4

As this hasn’t been the case and the 19 year old victim is getting many allegations about her by the Thai police I think it’s understandable that people are supporting her especially if they have first hand knowledge of Koh Tao.  

There is crime all over the world nobody judges Thailand for having crime.  As a previous poster mentioned it is the polices attitude when it’s potentially a Thai perpetrator/foreign victim combination of denying the crime or blaming non Thais to save face that is the problem. 

Nationality of victims/suspects should be irrelevant when investigating crime

4 hours ago, frank83628 said:

I dont need to read between any lines, i know exactly what you and other posters are desperate to be the case, but unfortunately for you there are no serial killers and rapists, motorcycle gangs and what ever else hiding in the bushes waiting for their next victim..every single article thats about a 'suspicious death' on tao is from the same source.... the 'suspicious' part of that has been added by them..and that is fact.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You’re totally correct they’re not hiding in bushes they’re in plain sight but tourists don’t know that and they might be very vigilant but probably won’t consider that a drink purchased from a bar could be drugged

You say people are desperate for this to be the case I think it’s more a case of desperate for Koh Tao to be made safe

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't seem to stop the UK police arresting and holding anyone accused, and the tabloids naming and shaming.

Guilty or innocent, the man always suffers. How do you know many rapists get away with it?

I would think many innocent men get falsely imprisoned. (at least 4 men were with the London lady who made 5 accusations) (and the guy falsely accused of touching the 'game of thrones actress)

"Guilty or innocent, the man always suffers".

Nice that you are concerned about the suffering of the guilty ... just about sums up you and your cabal of apologists on here.

You’re totally correct they’re not hiding in bushes they’re in plain sight but tourists don’t know that and they might be very vigilant but probably won’t consider that a drink purchased from a bar could be drugged

You say people are desperate for this to be the case I think it’s more a case of desperate for Koh Tao to be made safe

Koh tao is as safe as anywhere, you'd know if you had ever been there....same as 90% of TV posse.

14 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Koh tao is as safe as anywhere, you'd know if you had ever been there....same as 90% of TV posse.

Koh Tao is as safe as anywhere? The article below must be "fake news" then Frank? Below is a section, but the full article is worth a read:

"Christina’s body was discovered just a few months later, in January 2015, in the same location where David and Hannah Witheridge were found.

British Backpackers Nick Pearson and Luke Miller, along with Belgian Elise Dellemagne, Swiss Hans Peter Suter and French Dimitri Povse were also found dead. Russian Valentina Novozhenova is still missing".

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/warnings/families-of-murdered-tourists-on-koh-tao-dubbed-death-island-warn-tourists-to-stay-away/news-story/b078e937a7510db09e174aa61be54f24

Koh Tao is as safe as anywhere? The article below must be "fake news" then Frank? Below is a section, but the full article is worth a read:

"Christina’s body was discovered just a few months later, in January 2015, in the same location where David and Hannah Witheridge were found.

British Backpackers Nick Pearson and Luke Miller, along with Belgian Elise Dellemagne, Swiss Hans Peter Suter and French Dimitri Povse were also found dead. Russian Valentina Novozhenova is still missing".

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/warnings/families-of-murdered-tourists-on-koh-tao-dubbed-death-island-warn-tourists-to-stay-away/news-story/b078e937a7510db09e174aa61be54f24
Yes it is...and copied from the same original source as all the articles are.

Just now, AlexRich said:

Yawn yawn. For the umpteenth time there is no evidence, zero proof, not one witness to suggest that any of the above have been murdered.

Suicide, depression, mental illness,  too much alcohol and drugs, high jinks can all be lethal. 

27 minutes ago, bannork said:

Yawn yawn. For the umpteenth time there is no evidence, zero proof, not one witness to suggest that any of the above have been murdered.

Suicide, depression, mental illness,  too much alcohol and drugs, high jinks can all be lethal. 

Quick question - just a simple yes or no answer will suffice. Do you think the RTP are systemically corrupt? 

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

Quick answer- that's way too broad a question.

Not at all. I believe it to be systematically corrupt. The evidence is the fact that Thailand is a developing nation. Drive a car for a month and tell me how you get on with paying any fines. 

Okay, here’s another question; do you believe in a place like Thailand that corruption would be more likely in a more remote area further away from the capital and prying eyes? Yes or no? 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Not at all. I believe it to be systematically corrupt. The evidence is the fact that Thailand is a developing nation. Drive a car for a month and tell me how you get on with paying any fines. 

Okay, here’s another question; do you believe in a place like Thailand that corruption would be more likely in a more remote area further away from the capital and prying eyes? Yes or no? 

I've been driving our motorbikes and pick-up for years and only once got pulled over. Issan is good for few checkpoints in the sticks.

I'm sorry rkidlad, but I'm not going to get diverted into a wide open highway called corruption whilst we're still trying to work out which way the road winds and is heading to in this story of alleged rape.

34 minutes ago, bannork said:

I've been driving our motorbikes and pick-up for years and only once got pulled over. Issan is good for few checkpoints in the sticks.

I'm sorry rkidlad, but I'm not going to get diverted into a wide open highway called corruption whilst we're still trying to work out which way the road winds and is heading to in this story of alleged rape.

Then don’t make incredulous statements when we’ve all lived here long enough and understand how things work. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Then don’t make incredulous statements when we’ve all lived here long enough and understand how things work. 

I've lived in Thailand  for over 30 years and I've been driving motorbikes for over 20 years. The pick-up was only bought 6 years ago, but I'm telling you I've only been stopped once in all that time. You only ever see a cop downtown where I live so they're easy to avoid if one feels so inclined.

Anyway, this is all off topic. Regarding the alleged rape. I believe the  British police said their part of the investigation- the DNA on the girl's shirt, her statement and presumably her friend's statement would be known by the end of the month.

Whether the public will know anything further is another matter.

19 minutes ago, bannork said:

I've lived in Thailand  for over 30 years and I've been driving motorbikes for over 20 years. The pick-up was only bought 6 years ago, but I'm telling you I've only been stopped once in all that time. You only ever see a cop downtown where I live so they're easy to avoid if one feels so inclined.

Anyway, this is all off topic. Regarding the alleged rape. I believe the  British police said their part of the investigation- the DNA on the girl's shirt, her statement and presumably her friend's statement would be known by the end of the month.

Whether the public will know anything further is another matter.

I'm not talking about your pick-up truck. You are. 

I'm talking about your attitude towards an alleged rape victim and the police here.

14 hours ago, frank83628 said:

I dont need to read between any lines, i know exactly what you and other posters are desperate to be the case, but unfortunately for you there are no serial killers and rapists, motorcycle gangs and what ever else hiding in the bushes waiting for their next victim..every single article thats about a 'suspicious death' on tao is from the same source.... the 'suspicious' part of that has been added by them..and that is fact.

Yeeeees...it's all a mysterious chain of totally unrelated, yet eerie similar events.

Date rape drugs, other drugs, rapes, murder, attempted rapes...and OF COURSE all the dirty filthy farang are lying and are just trying to smear the snowywhite reputation of Koh Tao, it's upstanding citizens and the great work of the RTP, who are always on the point and absolutely accurate in their work.

Ok...enough of the sarcasm: you know the case of the B2, don't you?!

The Hannah Witheridge - murder?!

- CCTV- cameras didn't wort (at least not in the places or at times, when and where it mattered)

- the crime scene was tempered with

- evidence disappeared, was not taken into account or was "used" up

- witnesses and suspects were either beat into confession or not even considered suspects, after the main investigator was transferred to another place

- evidence was stored on the property of suspects etc pp

And that was only ONE case, that was handled abysmal by all concerned and mostly by the RTP!

So...this is not the first accusation of rape on Koh Tao (probably in connection with date rape drugs) and it was also not the first time the RTP handled the case questionable.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it mishandles cases like a duck... 

7 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yeeeees...it's all a mysterious chain of totally unrelated, yet eerie similar events.

Date rape drugs, other drugs, rapes, murder, attempted rapes...and OF COURSE all the dirty filthy farang are lying and are just trying to smear the snowywhite reputation of Koh Tao, it's upstanding citizens and the great work of the RTP, who are always on the point and absolutely accurate in their work.

- CCTV- cameras didn't wort (at least not in the places or at times, when and where it mattered)

- witnesses and suspects were either beat into confession or not even considered suspects, after the main investigator was transferred to another place

And that was only ONE case, that was handled abysmal by all concerned and mostly by the RTP!

So...this is not the first accusation of rape on Koh Tao (probably in connection with date rape drugs) and it was also not the first time the RTP handled the case questionable.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it mishandles cases like a duck... 

... it must be a pregnant woman. ?

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

There was CCTV camera footage of an Asia man walking backwards and forwards approx 3 a.m. remember?

What other rape cases have there been reported on Koh Tao since the murder of Hannah 4 years ago?

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I'm talking about your attitude towards an alleged rape victim and the police here.

I'm afraid you were the one who brought driving into this, to quote you: 

The evidence is the fact that Thailand is a developing nation. Drive a car for a month and tell me how you get on with paying any fines.

I want to concentrate on what really happened to the alleged rape victim that night.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

You're goading him into saying "yes I believe the police are corrupt" like most people do believe so that you can come back and say all 10 deaths on Koh Tao most likely are murders then.

Disingenuous.

Archived