Walking Street fight: It was all friends together - ends in wais and fines

webfact

Walking Street fight: It was all friends together - ends in wais and fines

1PM.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The fight in Walking Street, Pattaya, at the weekend turns out to be a disagreement between two British friends in which a Thai - who works as a bouncer at one of the men's bars - got hit.

The two foreigners were fined a total of 15,000 baht when Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch got the combatants together.

It ended with some hugs and wais and the good name and image of Pattaya was restored once more.

Several names were given to those involved by Pattaya News in their story though it appears they might have been called Mark Jones and Kieran Flannery.

They had started fighting in a club owned by Mr Flannery.

Thanachai Wansiripetch got hit in the face as bouncers tried to intervene and move the melee outside.

Mr Jones and Mr Flannery were fined 5,000 baht each for fighting in public and Mr Jones got an extra 5,000 baht for the assault on the Thai.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-11

at least 5 police , another at least 5 minions and a few doorman and they still could not restrain 2 guys. 

Sorry police chief, you have bigger problems than the “image “

Now can someone explain to me why there was an additional 5000 baht for hitting a Thai? 

Compensation or Thai life worth an additional 5000 

Edited by BestB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

The thais do a good job keeping the peace on walking street. A huge mix of cultures combined with a lot of alcohol,nightclubs etc.,but it still feels very safe down there night after night, year after year.

The troubles are nearly always started by the drunken farangs who get a bit over excited.

No conviction and a small fine. I believe an assault in England would lead to a bigger fine and a conviction.

Not England

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Surely shome mishtake?

I thought it was 500 Baht and a wai - although there were foreigners involved and I didn't notice any wai-ing.

Perhaps that was the surcharge for no Thainess?

'Double pricing' ; SOP here, is my guess.  See how I put the 'my guess' there? So I don't violate the computer crimes act. Hopefully.

When the female tourist was hit over the head with a bottle the other week the Thai police had this to say:-

" Surat Thai police chief Apichart Boonsriroj said on Tuesday that no legal action could be taken against the attacker without an official complaint from the victim. "

I can only assume that the police chief in that particular case was unfamiliar with the offence of "fighting in public" which was used to charge these two.

• Like 2

the good name and image of Pattaya was restored once more.

I think it'll take more than 15,000 baht to achieve that !!

Ohhh and did you notice it was 5,000 baht a pop... not the 500 baht for Thais

guess the 10X excess charge applies to fines as well as national parks ?