CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

Just now, EricTh said:

There are many visa companies sprawled all around the city. They will provide you with a line sitter.

There is one on Huay Kaew road inside one of the condos between KSK and Maya.

Thank you for this usefull info.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2018 at 12:47 PM, Thailand said:

Happy Queue? 

I don't understand what this app is all about and how to use it?

I have created an account on that website and subscribed to ChiangMai immigration.

I saw this QR code webpage.

So how does this help me in the future?

13 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Chiangmai buddy? I think these are run by foreigners because I have seen them and not Thai people.

I don't think they have proper work permit to do this.

Hey friend, you should change this post. They are a real company, good or bad I can't say, but slander is really frowned upon here...

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I have created an account on that website and subscribed to ChiangMai immigration.

Per Pesky,

"HappyQueue - I used it yesterday at Immigration. It gives you an update on the expected/estimated "processing time" via scanning the QR Code on the ticket you have already queued for & obtained. At least you then have an idea of how long it will be before you get to the desk of relevant officer."

We hope in the future it will provide online queuing, but at present apparently you have to be there.

Better than nothing ..

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

It is not yet working for online appointments yet, see my previous posts.

It also confirms that on the site where you subscribed to Chiangmai Immigration.

18 hours ago, Thailand said:

I still have access to IE which I use without any problems but others have said they are able to use other providers. Successful 6 times out of 7 and the odd one was probably my error.

Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

17 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

Hey friend, you should change this post. They are a real company, good or bad I can't say, but slander is really frowned upon here...

I am not trying to slander anybody, it's just my observation.

When I first came to Thailand, I accidentally bumped into their shop. Out came one or two non-Thai looking people who could speak perfect English with no accent at all. Apparently, they were foreigners.

That company might be legitimate but are the foreigners there working with legitimate work permit? Foreigners are only allowed to work in certain limited sectors in Thailand. If you are really sure they are really legal, then please show their work permit that allow them to be line-sitters, Thai visa consultants etc.

I would think that all matters on visa should be handled legally by Thai citizens, correct me if I am wrong. If you give advice on visa without being paid (like this forum), then it's another matter but this is paid services because they wanted to charge me for asking a few basic questions.

Brief report on my retirement extension of stay today: left home as soon as the rain stopped and arrived about 06.20 to find the retirement/education queue much the longest and snaking almost exactly half way around the new building, but almost all those in that queue were younger people there for the education route.  The queue started shuffling forward about 08.00. About 08.15 a member of staff came round the outside of the building and told the retirees to form another queue, bypassing the education queue, and go straight to the outside desk to the right of the entrance door, where we were quickly given queue numbers. I was pleased to get no.7 and be sent to wait near counter 8. (Counters 6 and 7 seem to be for education). Got called to the desk about 09.40, I think, and received my passport back around 10.20.

Then photocopied the new stamp and queued again for a re-entry permit - all complete by 10.50-ish. All seemed quite efficient and brisk, even cheerful, with ticket numbers for all the 13 counters being announced every few seconds; some were up in the 70s by the time I left. 

BTW, a copy of the TM30 report was needed along with the other photocopies. Phone number needed to be added just under the application form second page signature. YMMV. 

Ah, also next Monday, Oct 15th, is a national holiday and Immigration will be closed. 

31 minutes ago, CMMCB said:

Brief report on my retirement extension of stay today: left home as soon as the rain stopped and arrived about 06.20 to find the retirement/education queue much the longest and snaking almost exactly half way around the new building, but almost all those in that queue were younger people there for the education route.  The queue started shuffling forward about 08.00. About 08.15 a member of staff came round the outside of the building and told the retirees to form another queue, bypassing the education queue, and go straight to the outside desk to the right of the entrance door, where we were quickly given queue numbers. I was pleased to get no.7 and be sent to wait near counter 8. (Counters 6 and 7 seem to be for education). Got called to the desk about 09.40, I think, and received my passport back around 10.20.

Then photocopied the new stamp and queued again for a re-entry permit - all complete by 10.50-ish. All seemed quite efficient and brisk, even cheerful, with ticket numbers for all the 13 counters being announced every few seconds; some were up in the 70s by the time I left. 

BTW, a copy of the TM30 report was needed along with the other photocopies. Phone number needed to be added just under the application form second page signature. YMMV. 

Ah, also next Monday, Oct 15th, is a national holiday and Immigration will be closed. 

Separating the queues, now that is encouraging.

And no agent etc required, good report.

Went this morning to get my passport stamped with a Spouse Visa, having done the application a couple of months ago.  Busy, given it's a Friday and with a memorial day coming up.  Was directed to counter #4, gave the glamorous katoey manning the desk my passport and she told me to take a seat.  I was anticipating that the new setup and the crowd might make this a longer process than the usual 5 minutes my last two have done, but it ended up as just shy of two hours up to which time no-one's passport had been returned.

When at last an officer brought them over from a nearby desk, he had a stack of about ten and mine was third from the bottom.  Given I'd been back to see the deskperson twice by then who claimed she didn't know where it was or how long it might be, I was pretty annoyed to realise I had just been waiting an extra 90 minutes for some nice round number to accrue in the guy's out tray before he got up and walked 5 metres to deliver them.

Not a great first experience.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:15 PM, CMMCB said:

Wow! That was quick.

What I don't understand is that why don't they have a separate q for retirees before 8.15 am?

Were there jostling and running to the new retiree queue from the education queue at 8:15 am?

23 hours ago, Greenside said:

When at last an officer brought them over from a nearby desk, he had a stack of about ten and mine was third from the bottom.  Given I'd been back to see the deskperson twice by then who claimed she didn't know where it was or how long it might be, I was pretty annoyed to realise I had just been waiting an extra 90 minutes for some nice round number to accrue in the guy's out tray before he got up and walked 5 metres to deliver them.

The same happened to me when I had to get my residence cert. It was sitting there in the tray when the officer asked me to sit and wait instead of calling me when it is ready.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, Greenside said:

Went this morning to get my passport stamped with a Spouse Visa, having done the application a couple of months ago.  Busy, given it's a Friday and with a memorial day coming up.  Was directed to counter #4, gave the glamorous katoey manning the desk my passport and she told me to take a seat.  I was anticipating that the new setup and the crowd might make this a longer process than the usual 5 minutes my last two have done, but it ended up as just shy of two hours up to which time no-one's passport had been returned.

Thanks for the heads up; my turn next Wednesday but not going until the afternoon, so lets see what awaits me.

Can anyone provide days and hours of operation for the new location for TM30 updates (including lunch closing hours)?  I'm flying back into Thailand on a Saturday around 1:30pm so wondering specifically about that.

Also, is this the correct location (attached map)

snapshot_ 2018-10-15 at 11.12.08 AM.jpg

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Can anyone provide days and hours of operation for the new location for TM30 updates (including lunch closing hours)?  I'm flying back into Thailand on a Saturday around 1:30pm so wondering specifically about that.

Yes, that's the correct location, but it won't be open on Saturday.  Open normal days that gov't offices are open. Same hours as at Promenada.  Closed 12.00 - 13.00 for lunch.

13 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Correct location, do it on the Monday.

I'd call this site (Post 198 above) a "work in progress."  (A bit tongue in cheek, but never mind!) I question its usefulness in working with CM Immigration.  All in all I find this topic on Thaivisa CM much more useful.

It is a "comprehensive" site but not for a lot of common needs in my view.  For example, I was frustrated navigating this site to find information on annual extension of stay requirements based upon marriage or retirement. And I used the search tool on the site.  For example, "extension of stay" is not found. Try it.  Succeed?  Please post those links.

I did find TM28 & TM30 information and the on-site presence of 90-Day reporting. I'd rather use the mail, thank you, given the back flips often reported elsewhere to achieve on-line success depending upon your browser.  It does reportedly work for some after a few go's.  There are comprehensive instructions on the CEC web site.  Have at it!

I never could find the basic application information for marital or retirement visas, but did for dependency visas based upon the alien sponsor.  Otherwise, there was a lot of other information, often in understandable English.

2 hours ago, Mapguy said:

I'd call this site (Post 198 above) a "work in progress."  (A bit tongue in cheek, but never mind!) I question its usefulness in working with CM Immigration.  All in all I find this topic on Thaivisa CM much more useful.

It is a "comprehensive" site but not for a lot of common needs in my view.  For example, I was frustrated navigating this site to find information on annual extension of stay requirements based upon marriage or retirement. And I used the search tool on the site.  For example, "extension of stay" is not found. Try it.  Succeed?  Please post those links.

I did find TM28 & TM30 information and the on-site presence of 90-Day reporting. I'd rather use the mail, thank you, given the back flips often reported elsewhere to achieve on-line success depending upon your browser.  It does reportedly work for some after a few go's.  There are comprehensive instructions on the CEC web site.  Have at it!

I never could find the basic application information for marital or retirement visas, but did for dependency visas based upon the alien sponsor.  Otherwise, there was a lot of other information, often in understandable English.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

I agree with ScottieJohn that the TV web site he posted immediately above is the most useful general TV site for information. Ubon Joe keeps up quite a surveillance.

Keep in mind, of course, the local discretion of officers, especially regarding financial documentation, the acceptability of which basically hinges on sufficiency, accessibility and proof of regular transfer of funds to Thailand (if the money is not already sitting as a fixed deposit  in a Thai bank. Regular savings accounts require more monitoring and increased paperwork review by officer. Don't forget the current TM30 receipt, and you very well might never be asked, but it is wise to also take in proof of residence (e.g., contract, lease, tabian ban).  Why get caught short?

A significant problem for many, many people (myself included) is the major lack of English (or other foreign languages) on the Thai Immigration sites for important information and procedures to follow.  Hello, Immigration Bureau!!  Thai is not a common language, especially among foreign tourists and others seeking longer stays.  The bureau is way behind the curve compared to other major Thai government and private entities, such as banks. 

45 minutes ago, tpthai2 said:

Back to the Future

Any reports on CM Immigration operations after leaving Promenada?    

I visited yesterday around 2pm. It was very busy and crowded mainly because the waiting area is not very big. Lots of people standing up and hanging around the entrance so much so that i couldn't see the single student who was doing the form checking and answering queries.

There is a separate photocopying office which you are not allowed to enter but deal with via small window about belly height so you have to stoop a bit to talk to the staff.

I was getting a re-entry permit which took about 15mins in total though so can't complain but its not a happy place.

For What.s It Worth .

Arrived around 9am. for a 90 day report. yesterday morning (wednesday)  

Aboulately chockers!!!

Immediately proceeded to Tian Visa Agency .

Directly opposite The New Immgr Dept.   

processed in 40 minutes.

fee 300 baht .

Yes i.am very aware of the.

90 day mail in service provided by the Immgr Dept. but prefer to do it myself

1 hour ago, maximuss99 said:

For What.s It Worth .

Arrived around 9am. for a 90 day report. yesterday morning (wednesday)  

Aboulately chockers!!!

Immediately proceeded to Tian Visa Agency .

Directly opposite The New Immgr Dept.   

processed in 40 minutes.

fee 300 baht .

Yes i.am very aware of the.

90 day mail in service provided by the Immgr Dept. but prefer to do it myself

Did my 90 day report online at 8.30 yesterday, by 3.00 had confirmation

APPROVED, if i can do it by mail,or better still online,no way would i venture

to the immigration office, once a year is enough for me.

regards worgeordie

It is no longer possible to get an advance appointment to transfer a tourist visa to a Non O 90 day visa prior to applying for extension of stay based on retirement.

Just another "service" that requires lining up in the queues. Never mind it is only 18,000baht at Tian and they have just appeared across the road.

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The following was posted by Assist Thai Visa:  3 Officers have been moved from Chiang Mai Immigration due to the length of the queues, and compalints from Chinese tourists.   

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1063433-big-joke-going-after-his-own-incompetent-men-chiang-mai-immigration-under-fire/?tab=comments#comment-13472651

Archived