Federation-emblem shirt treasonous, says Prawit

webfact

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So black T-shirts are out now???   What color is going to be next?

Someone please tell me, so I can adjust my wardrobe accordingly....:w00t:

But that's the whole point with this lot. You never know where you stand and what is fine one minute will see you carted off the next. All as designed to instill a state of permanent fear in the public so they'll keep their gobs shut. 

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

Disgusting

The resons not to choose Thailand increase almost daily.    

Cambodia seems to be leading in the creation of a "dictatorship" in Southeast Asia with Myanmar catching up  but Thailand does not seem far back..When it gets like Cambodia I am gone..

54 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Tourists take care!  Treason is so easy to commit here.

Laughable.

Austria, Belarus and Peru here.  Many similar.

austria.jpg

belarus.jpg

Peru_Flag.jpg

no falang need worry the slighest about any heavy handed LOS reaction/response to whatever colour(s) you adorn...

No more reaction than getting a positive recognition of you ordering something (in Thai)... they just look right through you, as if not even there.

Whatever a falang wears, is going to be reacted to the same way... falang sai 

you won't even rate a 'ba ba baboor'

The same thing back in 2015, when all the red shirts were attacking/attacked by the Yellow shirts, meanwhile the green shirts were doing their little thing, whilst all along the black shirts were the wet ops bad guys... the point is that the only ones 'seen' by LOS authorities were the Thais wearing whatever...

we are irrelevant

5 hours ago, JAG said:

They're outrageous, but to be fair the vast majority of purchasers, and vendors, will have no idea whatsoever what the logo means.

Mind you, we should never cease hurling abuse, scorn or whatever noxious substance comes to hand at any European we see wearing one.

I remember a (falang) fellow here in Chiang Rai who used ride around with one of those WWII style German helmets, complete with SS runes and swastica and eagle. He really didn't like it when you took a photo of him at the traffic lights. He liked it even less when you took the piss out of him. But I don't think he was committing treason.

Any way I digress.

If patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, perhaps accusations of treason are the last refuge of a coup-monger?

When I saw the Tshirts Prayut is whining about , first thing that came to my mind was Tommy Hilfiger brand.

So is ignorance excuse enough to continue ??

Mind you, in case of nazi and swastika clothing , it has been brought up endless times by international community , yet these dumb asses insist on selling and promoting it at least  once a year in one way or another . Museum advert, Uni art, chicken shop, helmets or just selling clothing 

30 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It is getting very sensitive and hot out there. The suffocation and strangulation orchestrated by the top is getting more common. If they are not careful, one of these times a martyr will be born and then there is nothing to stop that snow ball rolling in hell.

It’s getting a lot more difficult for the general public to live freely for the simple reason that prayut wants to keep everyone quiet under his rule and simply because of the upcoming (one day) elections, he doesn’t want things to slip from his grasp before and even after the election happens.

When you live in a military authoritarian state, and even when it's under a pseudo democratic regime, Thailand has never really been free to discuss anything.

Never in Thailand's history has anyone been able to openly discuss the ethnic divisions, language, culture, let alone that other 'institution' which cannot ever have it's name uttered.

I will be long dead and buried before anything actually meaningful changes in Thai society and politics that enable them to have a real honest discussion about their values and society

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

"Thailand is a single and indivisible Kingdom – that is what is stated in the Constitution.”

Prayut went on to say that the term “federation” suggested otherwise and was therefore against the law. 

So to suggest any change to the constitution is illegal and seditious? It seems to me that the T-short is simply a visual argument for constitutional change. This is crazy.