iqII Android phone so s-l-o-w

alphason

Had an IMobile iqII for a few years now but now it is just getting so slow it can be barely usable at times, sometime just ok sometimes 15 minutes to open an app like email or line.

I have used cleaning apps and they sometimes help a little if they load, even restart or power off the phone sometimes takes a few minutes, sometimes miss calls because the phone is to slow to pick up.

I have a SD card installed so any big files are there, storage capacity is ok.

Any tips, should I do factory reset, is there a way to do this without losing al the data or installed apps?

Thanks.

I would guess it is time to get a new phone.

The android version used on it is probably out of date and the ROM memory is not enough to run the apps you have installed.

You could save all your data such as contacts (save to SIM card)  and etc to the SD card. For the apps you would have to download them from the Google Play Store again.

• Like 1

If your phone has been getting slower, it might have to do with the "updating itself". Bring it to a shop and ask to wipe it and reinstall Android. Of course you will have to download and reinstall your favorite apps.

I have a Samsung from 2012, running Android 4.0, it is just fine and I dread the moment I will have to change it. But I have always explicitly refused automatic updates for both phone and apps.

• Like 1

I was using a Samsung S4 since 2013. I am not a guy to buy the latest a greatest every year. So this  year I took the leap to S9 plus. Man what difference, fast and super silky in all areas. I thought I would have to go to play store and download all the apps I had before. But no it downloaded all my apps, contacts, and my photos from my old phone without me doing anything. Has G5 too and latest android software. I did buy it on Lazada as it was 7 to 8 thousand BT cheaper than any store here.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:08 PM, mamypoko said:

before you dump it, factory reset it and reload the apps

This.  Before ditching a phone that was once working well and you were happy with - factory reset it and re-install only your necessary apps (I'm guilty of often having too many apps after a year or so)

If it still doesn't work to your needs - ditch it and upgrade