Private Dies After Senior Soldiers Beat Him Into Coma

webfact

Private Dies After Senior Soldiers Beat Him Into Coma

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

39999728_1891445337823968_84512969990550

Kacha Pacha holding his child. Photo: Boy Krungkao / Facebook

LOPBURI — A young soldier died Friday morning after spending weeks in a coma from being beaten senseless at his post. Police said the assaulters will be charged with murder.

Pvt. Kacha Pacha, 22, died among mourning family members, after he was assaulted by three senior soldiers, including Lt. Col. Monchai Yimyoo on Aug. 21. He was declared brain dead Aug. 24.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/09/14/private-dies-after-senior-soldiers-beat-him-into-coma/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-14

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beaten Army private dies of injuries

By The Nation

46eeefe131cb102b8e0cd05496960c4e.jpeg

Infantryman Khacha Pacha, hospitalised since August 21 after being beaten by three other soldiers at a Lop Buri Army camp, died on Friday morning.

His pregnant wife confirmed the death in Facebook post on Friday morning.

It included a photo of her hand grasping his as he lay in his hospital bed and the caption, “I know you are very tired and you fought to survive until the end. Rest in peace.”

Another relative posted a similar photo with the caption about “Khem” (Khacha’s nickname): “Khem fought the best he could and passed away at 5.45am.”

Khacha’s injuries were initially believed to have been acquired while he was being disciplined. But Lt-Colonel Monchai Yimyoo, commander of the 31st Infantry Regiment (King’s Guard), and Army chief General Chalermchai Sitthisart denied this.

They insisted that Khacha was in the minority in a “three on one” fight and Monchai said the three assailants, all Army privates who have not been named, confessed to attacking Khacha during an argument.

He said the three had been disciplined, along with their supervisor of the time.

Khacha’s family had filed a complaint with Muang Lop Buri Police seeking assault charges. The case is ongoing and the charge could become more serious now that he’s died.

Khacha, father of a toddler and soon-to-be born child, was conscripted in May 2017.

He was taken to hospital on the night of August 21 by Army officers who claimed he’d suffered acute cardiac arrest from “an unknown cause”.

He’d been on a respirator in intensive care with what doctors estimated to be a 30-per-cent chance of survival.

His condition worsened early this month as his brain swelled and he developed infections in the lungs and blood.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354463

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-14

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

A young soldier died Friday morning after spending weeks in a coma from being beaten senseless at his post. Police said the assaulters will be charged with murder.

Really...I hope so, but skepticism is foremost in my mind at present. 

the commander at the unit it happened at should also be charged as he is the one in charge, the underlings would not have done it if he had made it apparent it was not allowed, the blame lies with the head honcho but thai officers  will not charge one of their own

Tragic, so sad a young man is forced to join the army, then beaten to death by senior officers.

Bloody disgusting a lt colonel was involved in the cover up holy s++t, what kind of a man is he?

Come on Ole Fatty you are the man responsible, get up off your fat a++e and do something.

Ohh stupid me, he reckons he got a few beatings never did him any harm.

29 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Tragic, so sad a young man is forced to join the army, then beaten to death by senior officers.

Bloody disgusting a lt colonel was involved in the cover up holy s++t, what kind of a man is he?

Come on Ole Fatty you are the man responsible, get up off your fat a++e and do something.

Ohh stupid me, he reckons he got a few beatings never did him any harm.

The kid looks like he actually had some brains too.

That's most probably what got him killed.

I played golf on an army base upcountry and witnessed some punishment for something or other.  Unbelievable.  It all starts with the teachers shaving heads at school.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pvt. Kacha Pacha, 22, died among mourning family members, after he was assaulted by three senior soldiers, including Lt. Col. Monchai Yimyoo on Aug. 21.

22 minutes ago, masuk said:

The article states that the two assailants were privates.

How come you refer to them as "senior officers"?   ?

Please refer to the above facts as printed......Three senior soldiers.....Including a LT. Col.

It is irrelevant who attacked him, the fact it happened, and keeps on happening, is the biggest problem here.

R.I.P. young man, and strength to his young widow who now has two young children to care for.

The Khaosod article says the assailants were three senior soldiers, included a named Lt. Col.

Pvt. Kacha Pacha, 22, died among mourning family members, after he was assaulted by three senior soldiers, including Lt. Col. Monchai Yimyoo on Aug. 21. He was declared brain dead Aug. 24.

The Nation article quotes the Army saying it was three privates.

They insisted that Khacha was in the minority in a “three on one” fight and Monchai said the three assailants, all Army privates who have not been named, confessed to attacking Khacha during an argument.

Since the Khaosod article names the Lt. Col. and says the three assailants are in police custody right now, which is a bit surprising, then I'm inclined to believe the Khaosod report is closer to the truth.

Also The Nation article quotes and refers to a Lt. Col. as being the commander of the regiment involved and alleging it was three privates. But, that's the same name Lt. Col. as Khaosod lists as one of the three who have been arrested as assailants.

Sounds like some underlings are being put forward as scapegoats here...

Conscription is stupid anyway especially in times if peace.   It is the most shamefully dishonorable undisciplined military in the region.  He is at his post and he is attacked by his fellow soldiers over what ?   Do they learn this a Cobra Gold ?   This is how Thailand rolls I am told.  Will never understand or accept these things that happen so regularly.   

Including a Lt col., supposedly a commissioned officer. Just another example of a f___ing moronic thug. And aided and abetted by two more. Safety in numbers when it comes to Thais fighting or beating up others.

Not so safe when the opposite numbers are armed, dangerous, your enemy, and the subject of your job, eh, Lt. Colonel? Then, given the choice of fight or flight, I have little doubt which you would choose.   

RIP so sad they just cant control themselves .

soldier beaten to death.

monk beats a child to death 

Teacher beat a child with a stick in front of the whole school, because her younger sister drops litter on the floor.

These people who hold senior positions, should be setting examples, will they ever evolve their emotions im afraid not.   

Archived