Big Joke to fly to England to interview teen who claimed rape on Koh Tao

webfact

1 minute ago, balo said:

It seems to me the majority of posters on TV are Thai bashers and not living in the kingdom . Of course hiding behind the keyboard will also lead to stupid comments. 

I support Big Joke in his quest to discover the truth , may the forces be with him on his way to London. 

I think you will find Prawit decided his 'truth' long ago, just like him giving back the watches to a dead man lol

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are posts that don't share your opinion considered drivel.?

It looks like everyone is entitled to their opinion...........as long it is the same as yours then?
Because they all hate thailand for whatever reason..probably got rinsed of their cash and found out they werent loved like she said, if you dont agree with them you are an apologist, shill, on mafia payrole, have vested interests, or agendas or just plain dumb...they are normally used when they run out of things to say that have any facts or meaning...which is pretty quick as you can see, i think its taken one of them 2 posts..thats a record even for them!!!

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

Because they all hate thailand for whatever reason..probably got rinsed of their cash and found out they werent loved like she said, if you dont agree with them you are an apologist, shill, on mafia payrole, have vested interests, or agendas or just plain dumb...they are normally used when they run out of things to say that have any facts or meaning...which is pretty quick as you can see, i think its taken one of them 2 posts..thats a record even for them!!!

you come across as one of them intolerant liberals..if someone does not agree with you call them a racist or in your case a Thai basher..

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Could it be most have a life outside of thaivisa and post accordingly, unlike the apologists that sit here all day posting on certain threads ?

What is your input today?

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, webfact said:

The deputy commissioner of the Thai Tourist Police has revealed that he is set to fly to England

Bring us a box of tea bags back, 160 or 240, and a couple of kgs of cheese please.

Sort you out when you get back.

Ta velly much.

Love,

TG.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Said the member who ma

de 90% of his 170 posts in the Koh Tao threads :coffee1:

I was replying to the person that has made 268 posts all on the KT threads

At least i have added something to it unlike most that are still posting as though 'Big Joke' will actually interview the girl

27 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Half the thread is taken up by these 2 apologists and their drivel

Sorry, did not realise you have a monopoly on these threads.

When you say, apologists, what do you mean exactly? Does that include Thailand and all it`s people? Calling someone a Thai apologist is equivalent to calling someone the N-word lover. Just as racist.

I have lived in Thailand for several years and I`m happy and content here. Financially sound, nice little wifey (we are the same age BTW), love the country and enjoy every moment of my life. Have no complaints. Keep my nose clean, don`t get into situations that may cause me problems and the only times I have to deal with the police is at immigration. I have many Farang and Thai friends here, not one of us have ever fell foul of the system or been victims of crime. Compared to my country, Britain, I consider Thailand one of the safest havens in the world. If I were like so many disgruntled posters on these threads, hate the Thai police, hate the system and hate the country and everything about it, I could not stay here.

For those that can`t accept the ways of this land, their lives here must be a miserable existence in Thailand. It`s far from perfect and why I enjoy it here so much.

I accept there is too much corruption in Thailand, and there are too many rotten apples in the police force. I`ve already said, I don`t believe the B2 are guilty and there have been too many Farang deaths that have been written off as suicides or accidents to feel comfortable with. But I still strongly feel that the girl`s story is a load of bull in this case. I may well be wrong, but that`s my opinion at the moment. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Sorry, did not realise you have a monopoly on these threads.

When you say, apologists, what do you mean exactly? Does that include Thailand and all it`s people? Calling someone a Thai apologist is equivalent to calling someone the N-word lover. Just as racist.

I have lived in Thailand for several years and I`m happy and content here. Financially sound, nice little wifey (we are the same age BTW), love the country and enjoy every moment of my life. Have no complaints. Keep my nose clean, don`t get into situations that may cause me problems and the only times I have to deal with the police is at immigration. I have many Farang and Thai friends here, not one of us have ever fell foul of the system or been victims of crime. Compared to my country, Britain, I consider Thailand one of the safest havens in the world. If I were like so many disgruntled posters on these threads, hate the Thai police, hate the system and hate the country and everything about it, I could not stay here.

For those that can`t accept the ways of this land, their lives here must be a miserable existence in Thailand. It`s far from perfect and why I enjoy it here so much.

I accept there is too much corruption in Thailand, and there are too many rotten apples in the police force. I`ve already said, I don`t believe the B2 are guilty and there have been too many Farang deaths that have been written off as suicides or accidents to feel comfortable with. But I still strongly feel that the girl`s story is a load of bull in this case. I may well be wrong, but that`s my opinion at the moment. Time will tell.

Nearly half a page of drivel nobody will read lol

Call her bluff, or not, as it may be. Do you think there'd be even a hint of a chance of Joke going if there was anything substantial here. I've always said, if the Thais take this seriously, they should go to the UK and interview the girl. How anyone could object to this is beyond me; Of course, she will have UK back-up. And I will hold judgement until the full facts are out in the open.

So the threads been relatively peacefully then all of a sudden a member pops back up, i presume after a ban as ive seen their name watching the thread at the bottom, with their 1st post starts the ranting the apologist mantra etc name calling then and then completes the bullying keyboard warrior mentaitly by then playing the victim and calling someone else racist after slatging thais in pretty much every post theyve made...!!
They start mouthing off and then try blame us 'shills' for getting threads closed?

47 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

So the threads been relatively peacefully then all of a sudden a member pops back up, i presume after a ban as ive seen their name watching the thread at the bottom, with their 1st post starts the ranting the apologist mantra etc name calling then and then completes the bullying keyboard warrior mentaitly by then playing the victim and calling someone else racist after slatging thais in pretty much every post theyve made...!!
They start mouthing off and then try blame us 'shills' for getting threads closed?

Do you ever notice the hypocrisy in your posts 

2 minutes ago, mdmayes said:

The visit is a big joke. 

The whole scenario is turning into a joke/circus. Keystone Cops indeed. With a view that the rest of the world understands and agrees with their corrupt ways. ?

The best that this girl can do is NOT return to Thailand - she will surely be locked up. Raped or not "fair trials" are not a redeeming feature of feudal societies.

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You're personal experience rings a bell.   I'm sure it is just coincidence but your girlfriend's story could be this girls story, almost exactly, bar the location differences.   Maybe that's what you meant?

I’m not the boyfriend of the Koh Tao girl if that’s what you’re asking! 

This happened almost 10 years ago. It was a lesson to me how one can trust what people say but verifying it is equally or more important. 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, smew said:

I guess he wants to prove her wrong: she was not raped. Only she knows if she was or was it consensual intercourse. If she says she was then she was. Now he knows better that she was not raped, who is he to know better... oh I guess a Big Joke

You cannot prove a negative, only a positive. i.e.  It is not possible to prove that a rape did not take place; it is possible to prove that a rape did take place if evidence is available; but if evidence is not available, that does not prove that no rape took place.

3 hours ago, Crash999 said:

I’m not the boyfriend of the Koh Tao girl if that’s what you’re asking! 

This happened almost 10 years ago. It was a lesson to me how one can trust what people say but verifying it is equally or more important. 

No, that's not what I was meaning!  I was meaning that your recollection and this girls allegations are analogous.

32 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

You cannot prove a negative, only a positive. i.e.  It is not possible to prove that a rape did not take place; it is possible to prove that a rape did take place if evidence is available; but if evidence is not available, that does not prove that no rape took place.

"It is not possible to prove that a rape did not take place..."

It certainly is if the person making the allegation eventually withdraws that allegation.

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It certainly is if the person making the allegation eventually withdraws that allegation.

No, that's not how it works with rape. Again, you, with a few other members, are conflating not being able to prove a rape happened with someone making a rape up. They're not the same. But you of course know this. 

19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

But people generally withdraw an allegation of rape, or any crime for that matter, for one of four reasons -

1. They made up the story in the first place.
  2. They have been shown that the events, as they report them, do not constitute proof of the alleged crime.
  3. They are under duress or inducement to withdraw by some other person or organisation; or
  4. They feel, for their own personal reasons, that it is not worth pursuing the allegation because of the way they feel a case will be handled and the personal stress of carrying on.

You may prove an alleged crime did not happen only by the evidence of an eyewitness, human or electronic and preferably corroborated, who saw the victim during the period that they reported the crime and nothing happened. 

Simply because a person withdraws an allegation does not prove it never happened; it only proves they no longer wish to pursue the case.

We have seen many reports on here where a crime occurs and is reported but an apology and some compensation results in the allegation being withdrawn.  Certainly doesn't mean it never happened.

46 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

But people generally withdraw an allegation of rape, or any crime for that matter, for one of four reasons -

1. They made up the story in the first place.
  2. They have been shown that the events, as they report them, do not constitute proof of the alleged crime.
  3. They are under duress or inducement to withdraw by some other person or organisation; or
  4. They feel, for their own personal reasons, that it is not worth pursuing the allegation because of the way they feel a case will be handled and the personal stress of carrying on.

You may prove an alleged crime did not happen only by the evidence of an eyewitness, human or electronic and preferably corroborated, who saw the victim during the period that they reported the crime and nothing happened. 

Simply because a person withdraws an allegation does not prove it never happened; it only proves they no longer wish to pursue the case.

We have seen many reports on here where a crime occurs and is reported but an apology and some compensation results in the allegation being withdrawn.  Certainly doesn't mean it never happened.

Good grief....

41 minutes ago, balo said:

I think it's safe to say the Red Bull son will not be home in his London flat when Big Joke visits.   

Why? Big Joke ain’t going there anyway, but let’s say he does, what do you think he would if he bumped into the Red-Bull killer? 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, BobbyL said:

Incredible. Could you imagine how the interview would go.

Big Joke's interpreter: "On Koh Tao you raped mai?"

Victim: "Yes."

Conversation between Big Joke and interpreter

Big Joke's interpreter: "He say no rape on Koh Tao. No evidence."

Victim: "I have proof."

Big Joke's interpreter: "In Thailand have no proof of crime. Police say no rape."

And so on and so on. 

He should interview the Red Bull kid, Yingluck & Taksin whilst there.... 

Archived