‘Hire my party for Bt100 to fight for democracy’: Thanathorn

rooster59

‘Hire my party for Bt100 to fight for democracy’: Thanathorn

By The Nation

Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, co-founder of the Future Forward Party, on Saturday called on Thais to hire his party to fight for the return of full democracy to the country by paying a Bt100membership fee to the party.

Thanathorn, who is expected to be elected as the party leader once an assembly is held, posted a two-minute video clip on his Facebook wall, urging people to apply in join his party, with each member paying a Bt100 membership fee.

“Thais are now reaching a crucial crossroad,” he said.

“Will they choose to stay with fear and dictatorship power, allowing them to draw a line for us to walk for at least 20 more years to the direction unilaterally set by them?,” he asked.

“Or will Thais choose to have the people, who own the ruling mandate, to determine our own fate?”

He continued: “This is a new political culture that will wipe out the patronage system in Thai society. The membership fee of B100 is the fee for hiring me and the Future Forward team to take back democracy.

“The country needs us and Future Forward wants you," Thanathorn said in the clip, which generated over 51,000 views by Saturday afternoon.

Thanathorn and Future Forward are seen as attracting the younger generations, who are well versed in using media to win support.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354551

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-16

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

“Thais are now reaching a crucial crossroad,” he said.

“Will they choose to stay with fear and dictatorship power, allowing them to draw a line for us to walk for at least 20 more years to the direction unilaterally set by them?,” he asked.

“Or will Thais choose to have the people, who own the ruling mandate, to determine our own fate?”

I love the words and the sentiment, I just doubt the ability to deliver at the moment. But, I would be very, very pleased to be wrong about that.

Good luck, young man.

Agree, and my Thai son, who follows Thai politics closely is hoping this guy is a new style politician with the country and all Thais being his main concern, however my son has negative concerns that this guy has connections to pt and to thaksin. 

I hope this concern is wrong, we wait and see.

• Like 2

Another billionaire that desires the head-of-state....

With deeper connections than what he leads on to. 

The new changes.

The new future. 

All about the people.

Indeed.

We'll see.

Edited by zzaa09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

He obviously missed the rule about no online campaigning ?

Good for him... Stick it to them

Yep....

He's bee at it for months - drawing more and more popularity from all corners of the country. 

Using social quite smartly and actually is out-n-about, in person, everywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I believe paying the electorate to vote for you, rather than charging them a fee, has been proved to be the better policy in previous elections.

How true, but also took Thailand nowwhere.

IMHO it would be more productive to drop all references to being paid (either direction) and try to move to gaining votes because of balanced policies benefiting all Thais and taking Thailand forward and solid real reforms especially 1) Education and 2). the RTP; and showing that the party has highly capable people who can focus on development and reform with valuable noticeable results. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Thailand has waited nearly a century for a man with this commitment towards his fellows. Let's hope that enough Thais see him for what he is and for what he could bring to their lives . . . and let's hope they can stump-up the B100, too.

"Idealists", voted in for their political program, nearly always have a tendency to be encapsulated into the existing political culture.

Nearly all politicians go into politics for the power, the money or a combination of the two.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Nearly all politicians go into politics for the power, the money or a combination of the two.

Money, nearly all, but not all then?

Power, well he wants to change things. To change things he must gain power, therefore of course he is going into politics for power!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, and my Thai son, who follows Thai politics closely is hoping this guy is a new style politician with the country and all Thais being his main concern, however my son has negative concerns that this guy has connections to pt and to thaksin. 

I hope this concern is wrong, we wait and see.

How old is your kid? My 3 think he is interesting, 15,17,24. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I hear what you say about Abhisit - but I'm afraid that he had the chance to make a difference (more than once) - and he blew it.

Agree, and hopefully his party have learned some lessons but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My Thai son is 36 YO, married to a Thai lady, with kids including one teenager.

Well he has certainly formed more of a full opinion than mine. But mine do have their dislikes for the junta, just not enough to march as they are still kids living their kid life. 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Money, nearly all, but not all then?

Power, well he wants to change things. To change things he must gain power, therefore of course he is going into politics for power!

I'm sorry, JAG, but I disagree with you for once. Politicians don't need power … they need control, via an election victory and by which they can influence thinking and bring about change; just like you need control when driving your car … the power should be under the bonnet … somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossy said:

I'm sorry, JAG, but I disagree with you for once. Politicians don't need power … they need control, via an election victory and by which they can influence thinking and bring about change; just like you need control when driving your car … the power should be under the bonnet … somewhere.

Perhaps credibility, past proven performance, open transparent good leadership and active listening need to also be mentioned.

• Like 2