"Lovely" farang to the rescue! Dog saved from becoming dinner by Westerner

webfact

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Commendable. 

I had it happen to me in south Korea on a business trip that they served rover.

Skewers over a hot bbq.

I didn't say anything to my off sider until later that night. 

I didn't want to blow a new business contract. 

He was quite upset. 

Probably not as much as the dog was.

Grow up. "Man's best friend" kill hundreds with rabies. Buy a gold fish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Today special price horse meat !

135319KGR-1_720x720.png

Paardenbiefstuk 2 Stuks ca. 300g

2 stuks(17,12/kilo)

Dont forget the old Skippy.

Taste is good.

They cull about several million every year in Australia. 

This bugger was in my back paddock at tea time a few weeks ago. 

Six feet tall. 

Screenshot_20180322-105107.jpg

7 hours ago, cmsally said:

Wasn't this the new story about the dog rescue in Cambodia. It looks like the same guy.

Probably. Rare in Thailand, but I used to have a Cambodian girlfriend and was invited to the village to meet her family. She told me that dog was her mothers speciality. Needless to say, I declined the visit.

35 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Dont forget the old Skippy.

Taste is good.

They cull about several million every year in Australia. 

This bugger was in my back paddock at tea time a few weeks ago. 

Six feet tall. 

How do you cook them? Hang by the tail from the branch over a fire? Must be a good 20kg of prime muscle.

4 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

The Thai Govt must make spaying and neutering an option because the dogs are banging like thai people do creating kids they cany afford! Am I wrong?

They want spraying with a machine gun

Opps forgot to mention it's the dogs I mean

Edited by oldlakey
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Was on the menu Sumatra when I was there . Ati Anjing (Dog Heart). Tasty with a peanut curry and salad greens. Of course the Snowflakes  squeal like stuck pigs, yet they eat Babe, Bambi, Daffee and other barnyard animals. Get over it, squeamers, or chew on a carrot..  

But...but...but...

It's all about superior Farang and their highly invented Siwilai manner. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, upu2 said:

So do the Japanese and the Kazakhs. Actually it doesn't taste bad. I never understand why people think dogs should not be eaten, strange as we regularly eat beef, chicken pork etc. dog is only another meat

As are people!! Should we eat them too? Perhaps a homless person is a bit like a stray dog!

Edited by midasthailand
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, madusa said:

You are right pegman. Saving just one dog? so much sympathy so much publicity. Don't they have better things to do? Saving women from traffickers before they end up in brothels would make more sense but you will get pump with lead. Dangerous.

Who care women ? They should have a brain and be able to save themselves, which dogs cannot do !

No pity for human being, kids or oldies, all useless and I only want to helps animals also.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thailandtodd said:

This is why I will never travel to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam. 

The people have no heart.

I have seen so much abuse of innocent animals tortured for the pleasure of entertainment.

Boycott Southeast Asia Please.....

Polluted, Corrupt,  Evil.....

I don't understand why you bother being on this forum.

Calling yourself thailandtodd, 2 posts, and saying you'll never visit the region.

What could you possibly add to the discussion?

• Like 2

The only repulsive thing to me about dog meat is how it's procured.

Often pets and street dogs.

Mangy, diseased soi dogs aren't the best choice for food. Pets should be out of bounds. If there was an industry like other meats, dog would be fine. When I lived in Cairo, there was a pigeon restaurant with clean, tasty birds. I'd never eat the city wild birds. Some posters have suggested if dog meat is okay, then human meat should also be on the market. We haven't outlawed slaughtering domesticated animals for food, we have outlawed murder however.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, thedemon said:

The meat is being cut up on top of a Vietnamese newspaper and the people in the background are speaking Vietnamese so it is pretty likely that this took place in Vietnam, or possibly Cambodia. But not Thailand.

So not sure why this is in the Thailand News forum. 

These viet people are living at Sakorn Nakhorn IN THAILAND.

33 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Some posters have suggested if dog meat is okay, then human meat should also be on the market. We haven't outlawed slaughtering domesticated animals for food, we have outlawed murder however.

The problem with eating your nasty neighbour is you're likely to get most of his diseases, unless you fry the bugger thoroughly. Human dna, human viruses, etc.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Toknarok said:

This man runs a dog shelter in Ban Kruat in Southern Buriram Province.I cannot remember his name but I think he is Austrian.

The shelter is a charity supported but donations from overseas.

At any one time the place holds about 150 stray and abandoned animals. The dogs are kept for a couple of weeks and if a home cannot be found for them they are euthanised.

Fair enough to him then. Good job.

15 hours ago, mercman24 said:

the FRENCH have been eating horses for years and nothing is said, of course its *cultural*  and meant to be a civilised nation ha ha, so dont knock poor people that cant afford to eat steaks like westerners do.

Horses don't roll over and lick their ballz on command like a trained dog will do.

15 hours ago, pegman said:

That skinhead should mine his own business. There is a terrible problem with the huge  population of strays here. That shop was helping to solve the problem. If this culture treats dogs and pigs alike who are we to interfer. What if Hindus went to his home country and bought live cows and set them free? Would he be outraged that a foreigner came there and tried to change the culture? Same with Muslins or Jews and pigs. 

Some humans are a waste of space, should we eat them? Can't imagine you tasting anything other than bitter