Tesla's Musk is sued for calling British Thai cave rescuer pedophile

webfact

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

Verns post were just a bit brash , even rude

A team has worked hard to design and build a possible solution, generously invested their time, and experience, in an attempt to enhance the chance of rescue for 12 children trapped in a cave who have to negotiate a distance being submerged under water that could increase at any time. They are reported as not being able to swim. The team is encouraged to continue to invest their time and effort, advised by a cave diver at the scene. They do so and amazingly deliver a product for trial..

Some guy broadcasts world wide the 'opinion' their efforts were a 'publicity stunt' followed by a nasty comment about where to put the device and you call his comment 'brash and even rude'

How about inflammatory and damaging to reputation for a more accurate assessment.

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

A team has worked hard to design and build a possible solution, generously invested their time, and experience, in an attempt to enhance the chance of rescue for 12 children trapped in a cave who have to negotiate a distance being submerged under water that could increase at any time. They are reported as not being able to swim. The team is encouraged to continue to invest their time and effort, advised by a cave diver at the scene. They do so and amazingly deliver a product for trial..

Some guy broadcasts world wide the 'opinion' their efforts were a 'publicity stunt' followed by a nasty comment about where to put the device and you call his comment 'brash and even rude'

How about inflammatory and damaging to reputation for a more accurate assessment.

And what about the "other" team ?

The "other " team that were actually in the cave , risking their lives in extremely hostile conditions ?

Dont hear much about that " Other" team .

Its all about Elon Musk and HIS team .

Elon Musk sending his expert SpaceX engineers and the drill from his drilling company .........Welcome to the Elon Musk show

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

And what about the "other" team ?

The "other " team that were actually in the cave , risking their lives in extremely hostile conditions ?

Dont hear much about that " Other" team .

Its all about Elon Musk and HIS team .

Elon Musk sending his expert SpaceX engineers and the drill from his drilling company .........Welcome to the Elon Musk show

This was a dire situation, that could have become even worse at any time. All the teams that made effort to provide assistance, and there were others working on stuff also that was eventually not required, all the people involved, were working towards one aim, to rescue those kids in the safest possible manner that would ensure their survival and continued good health.

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

This was a dire situation, that could have become even worse at any time. All the teams that made effort to provide assistance, and there were others working on stuff also that was eventually not required, all the people involved, were working towards one aim, to rescue those kids in the safest possible manner that would ensure their survival and continued good health.

There were others also working on potential solutions ?

I thought that it was JUST Elon Musk who did anything .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There were others also working on potential solutions ?

I thought that it was JUST Elon Musk who did anything .

You thought wrong.... don't blame others for your lack of awareness - or perhaps if you are trying to be sarcastic - it isn't coming off

I have passed my opinions I don't feel the need the to labour my points and observations or expand further, Vern and the divers, the support teams. completed a remarkable job and credit due,  thanks for the discussion

Edited by 473geo

On 9/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, sanemax said:

Nothing has been "twisted" around .

"Pedo" and "pedophile" are the same word . 

Its just a shortened version , but they both have the same meaning 

No they are not the same word, thank God your not a lawyer.

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Pedo is a shortened word of pedophile

Pedo is the first four words of the word pedophile and thus its the same meaning

Only by inference or content... However, in the Unsworth /Musk case - it's very clear what was being inferred. 

Edited by Artisi

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Pedo is the first four words of the word pedophile and thus its the same meaning

And I wonder how some members here would react if I called them a pedo on the forum..

It would probably be reported to admin and I would get banned....Which means action taken for a horrendous insult..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Wikipedia vs you..

Personally #4 has a nice ring to it "fart man".

Screenshot_2018-09-24-13-26-13-165_com.android.chrome.png

Edited by HLover
Witty banter

7 minutes ago, transam said:

And I wonder how some members here would react if I called them a pedo on the forum..

It would probably be reported to admin and I would get banned....Which means action taken for a horrendous insult..

I am a kid, so I would just slag it off.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Well it also means fart, but in modern day slang we all know what it means, as well as Mr.Musk, which was his obvious intention....

I made a pedo in my pants this morning and it was more than I intended.

Hmm, doesn't convey the same verbal panache as fart.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Well it also means fart, but in modern day slang we all know what it means, as well as Mr.Musk, which was his obvious intention....

In court, "we all know what it means" would be foolish.

As well as "obvious intention".

Can you imagine some of these genius types against a billionaires lawyer?

Oops doesn't quite cover it.

Bored now, bye Trannie

Edited by HLover

8 minutes ago, HLover said:

Bored now, bye Trannie

Do you fear money folk...?

37 minutes ago, HLover said:

Bored now, bye Trannie

You bored, boring would be more to the point ..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm not sure why you keep trying to flog this dead horse. Any lingering doubt (if there ever even was any) about what Musk meant when he used the term 'pedo' was removed when he went on to describe Unsworth as a child rapist.

Do you really need an explanation, it seems very obvious why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, z42 said:

Don't agree at all. In the wider scheme of things, Musk has pioneered things that will help to make the world a vastly better place.

Obviously what he said about the guy being a paedophile is stupid and completely without merit, yet the supposed victim in this case also talked shit about Musk to the media.

The court system simply shouldn't be used and abused like this. It is clear that Musk made a complete dick out of himself, and that nobody believes the diver is what was claimed.

Childish nonsense. Shake hands and let it be finished. What a circus

Veron's defending the honour of his name. Musk is just a vainglorious bully  angry that his pathetic American bullshit, loudmouthed self promotion at expenses of

vunerable , trapped children was called out byba typical no nonesense Brit. An Aussie and many Americans would have given him a slap. Both his intervention at the caves and his subsequent slander is indefensible.  A bully and a braggart who is almost Trumpian in his self delusion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HLover said:

Bored now, bye Trannie

I presume H stands for Homo?

1 hour ago, transam said:

If we exchange insults it would probably be OK for us to call each other idiots, ballbags, bellends a-holes, dickheds, xxxksuckers or degens and most people would not really care one way or the other

.... ???? 

I think its the word he used that caused the "outrage", especially in a mission involving rescued children

They could have traded insults for years probably but many people think the line was crossed when the word starting with P was used

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens..... ???? 

• Like 1