Doing wheelies can get you 3 months jail, says top Thai lawyer

webfact

Doing wheelies can get you 3 months jail, says top Thai lawyer

3PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Top online lawyer Ratchaphon Sirisakhorn has given the Thai public the benefit of his knowledge of the legal system once again. 

Following his pronouncements last month that saying Thai women have small breasts can mean jail for defamation, he has now turned his attention to what Daily News said were a really annoying group in Thai society - street racing youth. 

Daily News said that people living near main roads are aggravated by the noise of the racers but it was not just that annoyance.

The street racers often do wheelies or lie flat on their souped up machines endangering the lives of others. 

In fact, said Daily News, they often take other road users with them to meet Yommaban in hell. 

Yommaban is the chief of the devils who keeps a list of the dead. He is a busy devil with the carnage on the Thai roads. 

Lawyer Ratchaphon said that it was this endangerment of other roads users lives that could mean that street racers doing wheelies on motorbikes could wind up in jail. 

Legislation exists to bang them up for three months or fine them 10,000 baht - or both. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-19

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Vietnam has a great way of dealing with motorbike infractions.  They take your bike - PERMANENTLY, plus slap you with a heavy duty fine.  

Watched that happen a few years ago. All the bikes being loaded, not too gently into the back of a truck. Never saw how they unloaded them but I could imagine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Watched that happen a few years ago. All the bikes being loaded, not too gently into the back of a truck. Never saw how they unloaded them but I could imagine.

Maybe it was a tip truck, just let em slide of the back to unload them

1 minute ago, GTgrizzly said:

Maybe it was a tip truck, just let em slide of the back to unload them

Wouldn't surprise me. ?

On the road from HCMC to Baria power station one bridge was favourite for it, at the time the cops would just appear, each end of the bike lane, block each end, fill the truck with bikes and leave with all the bikes leaving a bunch of bewildered local bikers.

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Kill a cop with a Ferrari and you walk free.

Give the kids a break and let them have their fun, as many of us had it at their age.

He didn't walk free

He's been running ever since

But Thai police should know or be taught that you don't stop a speeding vehicle by stepping out in front of it..... 

11 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

You telling me that y'all were never young, and didn't do anything out of norm?

I did wheelies as soon as I've learned how to... but that was a long time ago, different culture, different rules....

And very different traffic conditions. My dad had an AJS and would talk about the days when the roads were so free of traffic he could screw down the steering damper and cover miles steering by body weight and having a cigarette at the same time. The bike probably did 65 mph on a good day downhill with a following wind mind you.

I wish I could have done similar but by the time I had the fast bikes I had to go to Germany and Italy to enjoy it. Those days are also gone.

6 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I heard he's dead

Not that I'm aware .. Most common theory is he was on the cusp of his identity being discovered and with numerous denuncia's from a number of countries waiting for him he slipped off into the night .. There's plenty on the 'net about it .. The bike in the photo I understand was donated by him thru' a 3rd party to a charity who auctioned it ..  

If you're going to be a rebel, avoid fines and jail altogether. 

Pop a wheelie when drunk, holding an E-cig in one hand, a marijuana joint in the other, then ride past the market and tell women they have small boobs. 

That ought to do it. 

image.png.475f9b47eed4db88ebbfae6e7ff58592.png

• Haha 2