Drones in Thailand Sept 2018

twozeds

hi.....I have been a keen photographer for 30 odd years and lived in Thailand for the last 17 and have been interested in drones for the past couple of years. Have been waiting for a drone that seems capable for what i want it for, mainly decent Ariel photography. Have always liked the DJI mavic and now the mavic pro2 is available with the bigger sensor size this seems to be the one I want. I have checked many websites and forums concerning flying drones in Thailand and have read 'Richard Barrows' blog many times over about registration etc. My question is to TV members (sorry for the long intro) are there any reliable agencies that do the registration and insurance as a package in the Pattaya area or if any members have successfully used any agents for this., I cant seem to find any updates on this subject when i search online and would like to get an idea before forking out the money for a drone......Using an agent to sort it all out would be alot easier than wading thru all the paperwork myself.....Seems alot of hassle just to be able to take some Ariel photos and video's....Do any members have and use drones here if so would you advise if its still worth it to have a drone here or not.....Many thanks in advance really appreciate any feedback...cheers

From other info registration apparently takes around 6-10 weeks

As you and the other poster are Pattsya specific I will move this to the Pattaya forum for local input but also leave its title in General for a wider reach.

Also good info here :

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1054265-drone-registration/?do=findComment&comment=13303113

This very active video blogger covers the Philippines but his drown shots are outstanding in my opinion and probably worth a view or two for anyone going this route.  He posts new material almost every day (really don't know how he has time to sleep).  

Kyle Jennermann who posts as "#becomingfilipino" on YouTube

9 minutes ago, Kim J said:

These drone things should be banned. As should plebs taking random videos on their phones and posting them on the internet. This should in no way be allowed without having written consent of all that  have been filmed.

Where does that begin and end, ban all photography ? How could you get the permission of the other 300 people in the background of your holiday snaps/video.

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Where does that begin and end, ban all photography ? How could you get the permission of the other 300 people in the background of your holiday snaps/video.

In UK now, you are not allowed to take photos of your own kids school's sports day as you will probably include other people's kid, and those people do not want their kids photos being in the hands of a possible paedo. Sad.