What will Bitcoin bring in 2019?

icofriend

Sometime around the middle of 2019 (June-Aug maybe) the MtGox Bitcoins will be returned to people who claimed.

About 150,000 Bitcoin which have been tied up since 2014 will be released back into the wild.

Expect turmoil when this happens.

20 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Sometime around the middle of 2019 (June-Aug maybe) the MtGox Bitcoins will be returned to people who claimed.

About 150,000 Bitcoin which have been tied up since 2014 will be released back into the wild.

Expect turmoil when this happens.

Most people who owned bitcoins that early won't sell them 

I know I won't

• Like 1

Very roughly, Bitcoin has been increasing about 13% per year for the last several years after you remove the speculative manias that occurred in 2014 and then again in 2017. If $6000 seems to be the reasonable price for 2018, then $6800 is a likely average for 2019. If you are wondering when it is going to surpass the $20,000 highs, I would say that is not likely until the late 2020's.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:37 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

Probably tears for those that bought in late 2017 and didn't sell. 

True but in the end if they keep holding they could end end up smiling again. Some people do like the Winklevoss brothers. Sure they got their Bitcoins way earlier than 2017. Now their bitcoins are worth a billion+ Bitcoin just needs faith too many people like Bitcoin, or even the altcoins, hope that another coins comes from close to zero to 120US$ or higher moves thousands of people. 

IMHO mainstream has left bitcoin due to the adjustment. There are people holding Bitcoin in the 100 of thousands obviously they'll cash in once in a while. I don't think any coin should be dealt with in the stock exchange but that is a different story. 

Edited by neo555

• 2 weeks later...

Speculation/interest in Bitcoin will decline given the market is being more and more controlled by China, Bitcoin uses excessive power to mine, its slow to move about and its expensive, and even after all these years

Bitcoin still doesnt have a proper use case, see above..

....as the market matures, most likely sees more regulation and Gov oversight..

Look out for the Alt coins which have proper real world use cases, are fast and cheap (currently) and by real use case, i mean really bring used, not some pie in sky white paper...and speculation 

"The man" will eventually take over the crypto market, so look at who in the crypto world is working with the mainstream FIs and banks not trying to oppose them...thats were the next big money in Crypto will be made

Real world use by FI and banks, volume trading, not speculation is the key 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Look out for the Alt coins which have proper real world use cases, are fast and cheap (currently) and by real use case, i mean really bring used, not some pie in sky white paper...and speculation 

You got a point there. Unfortunately I don't see many altcoins really anchored in the real world. Their management seem not to car about real word uses besides of their personal wealth creation. 

Bitcoin is already an old standard, Eth or ethereum is much newer, modern and faster, long transfer times hinder BTC considerately. their fixing their production to 21 million coins is another issue, translated into real world are rather 17 million as many are lost due to carelessness and so on. 

Edited by neo555
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, neo555 said:

You got a point there. Unfortunately I don't see many altcoins really anchored in the real world. Their management seem not to car about real word uses besides of their personal wealth creation. 

Bitcoin is already an old standard, Eth or ethereum is much newer, modern and faster, long transfer times hinder BTC considerately. their fixing their production to 21 million coins is another issue, translated into real world are rather 17 million as many are lost due to carelessness and so on. 

Company and Altcoin signing more production contracts by the day, real world use, a real company, employing some of the brightest in the business who sit or used to sit/work for the likes of the IMF, SWIFT, members of the company who sit on central banks advisory committees etc... doesnt take a genius to see where this is going

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/09/04/ripples-trillion-dollar-man/

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, Scottjouro said:

Company and Altcoin signing more production contracts by the day, real world use, a real company, employing some of the brightest in the business who sit or used to sit/work for the likes of the IMF, SWIFT, members of the company who sit on central banks advisory committees etc... doesnt take a genius to see where this is going

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/09/04/ripples-trillion-dollar-man/

Well rehearsed article, most was no surprise, what was a surprise was this:

In 2014, McCaleb became disgruntled and departed, “forking,” or copying, XRP’s code to start rival venture Stellar.

That McCaleb was also in the Chaos factory MtGox I didn't remember, I watched a 2014 movie just recently The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin a movie about the very beginning. You seem pretty involved into XRP. XRP is too concentrated to win the banking access to care about retailers and a mass adaptation is the biggest stepping stone for blockchain. IMHO

So far I have not found a retailer taking XRP, my wallet is not taking it and the wallets which do use a app enforced security system I rather avoid. I took a pretty hard disliking to a wallet which does 2 way app security only to run away with our coins. Coinicy is that one.   

In the movie were mentioned at least 3 other exchanges and the way people have run those exchanges is a fearsome thought.   

Edited by neo555

1 hour ago, neo555 said:

Well rehearsed article, most was no surprise, what was a surprise was this:

That McCaleb was also in the Chaos factory MtGox I didn't remember, I watched a 2014 movie just recently The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin a movie about the very beginning. You seem pretty involved into XRP. XRP is too concentrated to win the banking access to care about retailers and a mass adaptation is the biggest stepping stone for blockchain. IMHO

So far I have not found a retailer taking XRP, my wallet is not taking it and the wallets which do use a app enforced security system I rather avoid. I took a pretty hard disliking to a wallet which does 2 way app security only to run away with our coins. Coinicy is that one.   

In the movie were mentioned at least 3 other exchanges and the way people have run those exchanges is a fearsome thought.   

Jed is one of the two shareholders who owned MtGox at the point of collapse, it's now in bankruptcy, his share of the company is 12%.

Some 80k Bitcoin went missing right around the day of the ownership change to Mark Karpeles.

• Thanks 1

Turmoil,

Ups,

Downs,

Doom,

Gloom,

Joy,

Parties,

They either become regulated or die.

For everyone who paid 20k for a random number spread over the internet, not so good.

Now Blockchain technology, a very bright future , But <deleted> would the banks in the world pay excess for that technology when they can build it themselves.......Oh they already are

Blockchain is not spelt B.I.T.C.O.I.N.

WHAT you folks do not understand is the technology and how it is going to impact our lives very soon. In so many ways. Especially Ethereum with its smart contracts platform. 

Then watch the party.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

just look at the 1 year graphic........

it is like a ball been thrown up and then bounces back up and down until now 

it is almost laying still on the ground .

Even when those "early billionaires"  try to sell ...they can"t , the "coin" will drop even lower . they can not change big quantities it into money not now not ever.

Those who bought at 17000$ have to keep their coins  and are waiting until it rises at let's say 14 or 15 000$ and then try to sell before it drops back to 4000$ in 30 minutes .

The bitcoin is a good idea , but only if they keep a fixed value, so you can not speculate on it . Only then it would be a nice tool to circumvent the banks and to 

take your capital in your own hands.

Julius Cesar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll risk predicting a significant rise in volume for the only even remotely decentralized P2P Bitcoin/fiat exchange:

https://markets.bisq.network/

ALL of its competitors are either centralized through their website, or trading only crypto, and crypto fiat derivatives tokens.

Bisq is the only one that does both fiat and crypto, is open source, maximizes privacy by default, and will be difficult for Big Brother to shut down, because there is no central server in it.

I heard a rumor Bisq might even be released in Thai language, either Q4'18 or Q1'19.

Privacy wallets, such as Samourai and Wasabi, are going to advance their cause to make Bitcoin transactions more private - especially Samourai, because it has a sustainable funding model, and some innovative privacy tech.

Schnorr signatures will also significantly increase privacy and efficiency of the Bitcoin protocol.

Combined with increasing number and development of Lightning layer (https://1ml.com/) nodes and emergence of "Lightning Factories", Schnorr should keep routine Bitcoin transaction costs in the present range.

(I'll predict in the 2-10 US cents range. Sent several today for 0.02 USD each, and they confirmed within an hour or so, which is plenty fast for most transactions.)

A number of user-friendly wallets, such as Eclaire

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.acinq.eclair.wallet.mainnet2&amp;hl=en

for Lightning users will reach solid beta and increase in reliability and widespread use by bitcoiners.

That should finally make microtransactions and sub 1 US cent transaction payments more and more common on Bitcoin again.

I reckon that's enough of a limb for me to go out on for one post, but there's plenty more where that came from. ;D

Edited by twig
correction

On 10/12/2018 at 3:53 AM, chicowoodduck said:

You mean folks are still in the Bitcoin game?   Stupid is what stupid does.....????????

No risk no reward my friend... crypto is the future, this is the view of the IMF, many central banks, even government eg Malta...get in early enough in the alt coin market and one will see very good returns on some of them...

I suppose your one of those people in the late 70s early 80s who also said "a wireless portable device in your hand, which is a telephone and computer" naah that will never catch on, bet your were  betamax guy ? 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:07 PM, HerbalEd said:

Warren Buffett's answer to what he thinks about Bitcoin: "It will not end well."

BTC specifically maybe, cryptos generally ?....naah he is already invested in companys that are already starting to utilise cryptos or trialing their use for cross border payments

On 10/11/2018 at 3:25 PM, Brickbat said:

Blockchain is not spelt B.I.T.C.O.I.N.

WHAT you folks do not understand is the technology and how it is going to impact our lives very soon. In so many ways. Especially Ethereum with its smart contracts platform. 

Then watch the party.....

And of course lets not forget Ripples far superior smart contracts platform coming soon as well Codius, powered by XRP...should be a great party, and lest not forget "Coil" and "xpring" all powered by XRP

• Haha 2