Flu shot / vaccine availabilty? Where?

likerdup1

Hi, back in the USA they are beginning to urge flu shots again for flu season. I have looked briefly on the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital web site and they are offering vaccines year round.

I am skeptical about getting a vaccine here because I don't want to get last years vaccine.

How do I know I am getting the most recent protection? Anybody get reliable vaccines here in Thailand? Pattaya area?

This is already late in the flu season for Thailand. The flu vacvines at any hospital or health station will be current for this year.

Note that both the peak season and the vaccine differ here from most of the west. Here it is the "southern hemisphere" vaccine and flu season is the rainy season starting in May through around October.

In Europe and N America it is the "Northern Hemisphere" vaccine and of course flu season is winter.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe this time of the year, at least some hospitals, get the Northern Hemisphere Flu vaccine and it normally becomes available about this time.  Both are almost the same formula - this year one different in the 4 system shot.  So either type probably worthwhile regardless of your next destination.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 7:42 AM, lopburi3 said:

Believe this time of the year, at least some hospitals, get the Northern Hemisphere Flu vaccine and it normally becomes available about this time.  Both are almost the same formula - this year one different in the 4 system shot.  So either type probably worthwhile regardless of your next destination.  

So, is it worth getting the shot available at the hospitals/clinics around here now? I haven't had a vaccine since last Oct 2017 back in the USA.

Where can one find the Northern Hemisphere vaccine here in Thailand? Is it available? How different is the latest North vaccine than the older south now?

So, is it worth getting the shot available at the hospitals/clinics around here now? I haven't had a vaccine since last Oct 2017 back in the USA.

Where can one find the Northern Hemisphere vaccine here in Thailand? Is it available? How different is the latest North vaccine than the older south now?

Are you planning a trip back to farangland? As if not, no reason to get the Northern Hemisphere vaccine. If yes, travel clinics will have it.

If staying inThailand no harm in getting the (Southern Hemisphere) flu shot but it is rather late inthe year for it, peak flu season about over.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I've been in country since about May and had a cold once for about 2 weeks. Since then I've been fine. I might just do it as a precaution. What's to protect us from people who bring the virus from Europe/UK etc..?