Does being an expat keep you younger in spirit and ambition?

rooster59

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and die with their song still inside them,”  - Thoreau

hopefully most of them will stay away from thailand......(that is the good part to that equation)

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the UK, no man I know over 40-years-old is still having regular sex.

If you're married it's usually only a birthday and anniversary event.

having sex with your wife is way over rated  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

When 35-40 years younger women call me a 'hunsum man', I have to say yes.

or even going out with them---i definitely take far more care of my skin{no wrinkles at 67}, shave carefully etc etc.

havent solved my weight problem-yet..

i think being with them, helps to make me feel younger---that HAS  to be good.

there ARE  advantages also, in being older---i dont have to go to work---can afford whatever i want----ive had plenty of experince with females,so im not easily 'ripped off" etc.

i also think the warmer climate and 'thai relaxed attitude' helps to keep me younger......

• Like 1

Time is relative.  If I was in solitary confinement in a prison or apartment in Florida (same same) time for me would drag on and a day might seem like a week. 

However in my little slice of Paradise in Thailand time flies. 

It's funny how time slips away.  I've lived a whole new life in the past 20 years.  Where else can I request Hotel California and everybody in the bar knows how to play it? 

It took me a long time to get over my first wife - walking from the plane to the taxi stand.  My second lady was harder to forget - taxi stand to Nana plaza parking lot.  My third wife and the real love in my life clung to my memories till I bought my first hundred ping pong balls. 

If life is memorable experiences per 24 hour period.  I have lived longer than Methuselah in the past 20 years. 

• Like 1

"Does being an expat keep you younger in spirit and ambition?"

In many cases I would say no, but the ones who drink in moderation, and not every day, probably yes.

But in my situation, I hope to keep and look younger, and live a lifestyle that will keep me in good health for as long as possible.

What ever ambitions can a retiree have? 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the UK, no man I know over 40-years-old is still having regular sex.

If you're married it's usually only a birthday and anniversary event.

Waaaal. I was having more sex over forty than before, maybe because at that time I was nearly always in long term relationships, after forty I was playing the field nearly all the time. Being both a professional and semi profession musician would have a lot to do with that.

My relationship with my Thai wife is the longest I have ever had, and that is thirteen years, now you could say my ambition is to be with my wife till death us do part.

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

depends if you are sitting at the bar at 2pm  .....or not

Lightweight! Rolled by one of Udon Thani's finest sports bars on Soi Sampan around 9 AM this fine, sunny Sunday morning and it was already chockers. Either it's another, parochial Aussie footie thing on the telly or another wake.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Is life really all mapped out at 42 years old?

I then started to think about all my peers back in the UK and even searched a few on Facebook for research purposes. How were they living their lives and was ’42’ deemed an age where your life is now mapped out for good?

I'm couple of years older than 42 and I have no idea what I want to become when I become adult someday, hopefully not in the near future. 

I think expat life makes us mentally younger. When we live in an environment, which is not similar to where we came from, we must and are allowed to learn something new each day.

This life long learning process can sometimes be demanding, but it also keeps our minds virile. 

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

I'm couple of years older than 42 and I have no idea what I want to become when I become adult someday, hopefully not in the near future. 

I think expat life makes us mentally younger. When we live in an environment, which is not similar to where we came from, we must and are allowed to learn something new each day.

This life long learning process can sometimes be demanding, but it also keeps our minds virile. 

And when you live in Thailand  the fact that no one reaches adult maturity, as recognised in the West, then of course it keeps you young. Proof of that is there are so many expats on this very forum who keep spitting their dummies out . What more proof do you need ????

4 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

And when you live in Thailand  the fact that no one reaches adult maturity, as recognised in the West, then of course it keeps you young. Proof of that is there are so many expats on this very forum who keep spitting their dummies out . What more proof do you need ????

It is not a fact that no one reaches adult maturity it is an inaccurate racial/national stereotype. 

Edited by marcusarelus