Lone Star Texas Grill. Really?

soistalker

On 9/23/2018 at 12:45 PM, soistalker said:

Why would I  eat inauthentic food by people who have never been anywhere close to Texas?

I ate in a Mexican restaurant in Korea a few times. The owners like to Google Mexican recipes and give it a go. They'd never even met a Mexican.

Best Mexican food I've ever had was in Pancho Villa's in Seoul.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:56 PM, lapd said:

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who go to Thailand, one of if not THE best country in the world for food, and complain about the beef.  If you want to eat good beef go to a beef country.   Don't go to Thailand.  

Kinda like going to Texas and complaining about the Thai food.

I live in Thailand.  Are you implying because I moved to Thailand I should never eat beef again in my life?

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

I live in Thailand.  Are you implying because I moved to Thailand I should never eat beef again in my life?

I am saying you should either stop bitching about it or leave and don't come back.  The beef is not good or expensive and still not very good sometimes.  Deal with it or go away.  Of all the things to bitch about in Thailand, food is probably the last thing.  If you still need to find reasons to bitch about even that, you must be one miserable mofo. 

I keep coming back to Thailand specifically for the food, because it's amazing.  I could just as easily go to the Philippines but the food sucks there, so I come to Thailand instead.

If I needed to eat beef THAT much, I would go to some place like South America instead.  I like a good burger and steak just as much as anyone but I can do without it so I never eat beef in Thailand.  I will eat that next time I am back in my home country.  Just like I don't really eat pork back home but eat it all the time in Thailand because it's so good and inexpensive.

Edited by lapd
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, lapd said:

I am saying you should either stop bitching about it or leave and don't come back.  The beef is not good or expensive and still not very good sometimes.  Deal with it or go away.  Of all the things to bitch about in Thailand, food is probably the last thing.  If you still need to find reasons to bitch about even that, you must be one miserable mofo. 

I keep coming back to Thailand specifically for the food, because it's amazing.  I could just as easily go to the Philippines but the food sucks there, so I come to Thailand instead.

If I needed to eat beef THAT much, I would go to some place like South America instead.  I like a good burger and steak just as much as anyone but I can do without it so I never eat beef in Thailand.  I will eat that next time I am back in my home country.  Just like I don't really eat pork back home but eat it all the time in Thailand because it's so good and inexpensive.

Not sure where you got the impression from the post you quoted that I replied to that I was bitching. 

Maybe you can enlighten me. 

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Not sure where you got the impression from the post you quoted that I replied to that I was bitching. 

All he does is bitching so he assumes others do the same.

Unlike Mr Holiday who come here for couple of weeks a year some people stay here long term, and see no reason why pay ridiculous prices for something that is cheap and good less than 850km away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AtoZ said:

All he does is bitching so he assumes others do the same.

Unlike Mr Holiday who come here for couple of weeks a year some people stay here long term, and see no reason why pay ridiculous prices for something that is cheap and good less than 850km away.

Straight back to bitching about the food again.  :cheesy:

Edited by lapd

Having  been to the lone star in soi lenkgee plenty of times,i can honestly say the food there is fantastic,never had a bad meal yet.  Beefeater also good in soi diana arcade,may be a bit pricey,but it is good food so it really dosnt matter.

1 hour ago, CarolinaJames said:

Lone Star is ok but below the following:
Not ranked
Steak and Co
Smokin Joes
Beefeater
Patrick’s Arcade

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

S&C best

Patricks next

SJ poor service 

B small portions

The New Steak house and Grill excellent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lapd said:

So you travel to Thailand specifically for the food do you? Sure you do, 555!

• Haha 1