Two nurses, ambulance driver killed in Lampang crash

webfact

Two nurses, ambulance driver killed in Lampang crash

By The Nation

316b50c1a31183cd4291567c4dfdee8f-sld.jpe

An ambulance returning to Phayao after taking a patient to Phitsanulok hit a tree in Lampang Monday morning, killing two nurses and the driver, police said.

Police said the accident happened at 7am on the Ngao-Phayao road in Ban Huay Oon village of Lampang’s Ngao district.

The two nurses were identified as Angsumalin Rakchat, 42 and Patchita Hongsa, 21.

The ambulance driver was identified as Pongsut Sriprom, 23.

Police said the van was returning to Phayao after transferring a patient to Phitsanulok. Police believe the driver dozed off at the wheel.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355098

imageproxy-1.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-24
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said the van was returning to Phayao after transferring a patient to Phitsanulok. Police believe the driver dozed off at the wheel.

That and probably speeding as ambulances like to show off, sad loss of lives unnecessary taken...

19 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

He may have dozed off, but from the looks of it, he was also seriously speeding.

I agree and route 103 between Ngao and Phrae is certainly not built for speeding as it twists and turns through the mountains and valleys. Many of the long distance buses and heavy commercial vehicles use this route as a quicker and shorter way to Bangkok and the south from Ching Rai, Phayao, Maesai, Chiang Saen and Chiang Khong. Condolences to all families.

• Like 1

Thais seem to be unable to deal with fatigue ,day or night ,in a chair of behind the wheel, when they are tired its zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...how many innocent people have died because , somchai is tired at the wheel....sad

15 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Lack of training + a silly soft vehicle that's not designed to be an Ambulance.

I had the experience of being transported in one of these so called ambulances whilst ill & on morphine . I asked that the driver took it easy as I could feel every bump in the road . Took no notice and made the 30 km trip with sirens blasting and high speed . I was in pain and my lady repeated the request but he took no notice .  No reason for it & no excuse . On arrival at the hospital he sat around outside chatting with other drivers , smoking and laughing . A world of difference from the western professionals and decent ambulances .

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Or perhaps the rescue services contributed to the damage to the vehicle by needing to cut the victims free?

No doubt you have a valid point, up to a point, but there is more than enough evidence in the link photo of both the ambulance and tree to prove he was travelling at speed

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

No doubt you have a valid point, up to a point, but there is more than enough evidence in the link photo of both the ambulance and tree to prove he was travelling at speed

I understand what you're saying, i.e. he may have been speeding, but there certainly isn't "more than enough evidence" to prove that he was driving at what may have been described as a reckless speed.

The pics in the link show the rescue services with a generator that, amongst other things, is used to power the cutting tools, which partly explains the severe 'damage' to the ambulance.

Edited by Just Weird

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I understand what you're saying, i.e. he may have been speeding, but there certainly isn't "more than enough evidence" to prove that he was driving at what may have been described as a reckless speed.

The pics in the link show the rescue services with a generator that, amongst other things, is used to power the cutting tools, which partly explains the severe 'damage' to the ambulance.

You are not understanding what you are looking at my man

Yes you can see the obvious effects of the rescue workers efforts with their cutting gear, but there is far more than that on view

Look at all the damage on both sides of the vehicle, look at the actual shape of the vehicle and then take a butchers at the tree

That vehicle was "NOT" travelling at a reasonable speed IMHO