Barking dog

Badrabbit

i feel your pain mate.
but seriously, you cannot reason with them or do anything officially, it wont work.
you have two options.
1.  Move  (unless you own your property of course - and this is one of the many reasons why i would never, ever, buy a property in Thailand)
2.  Keep very quiet about it for some time and then put some sort of poison down.
Yes, I know I will get grief for this.  Dont care. Seriously, these are your only options
Could move, 2nd option I could never do!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Only one barking dog.

Wow, you got it easy!

Try living near to guy with base speakers going all day every day from his pick up truck in his front yard while he sits there getting drunk with his mates until late in the night.

Have about 10 dogs all barking at night randomly running up and down the street.

Cats fighting and screaming... which sets the pack of dogs off.

Roosters crowing on garden wall.

Geese

Temple loud speakers vibrating windows

Neighbour repairing cars likes revving up the car engines for fun.

Village speakers outside the window playing crappy Thai old music.

Strimmer guy strimming the sides of the road the orchard behind the house at 5.30am for several days in a row.

Want to swap?  

When you live in Thailand you have to tolerate noise... it's part of life here.

some of us do some research before buying or renting, where most of this would be discovered before moving in mate

• Like 1

From quite liking dogs I've now gone to detesting them. Why did the good lord give them such a loud bark? It's totally out of proportion to their size. There are currently  twenty four dogs between five houses in my community. Myself and a neighbour don't have any. I sympathise with you.

• Like 1

From quite liking dogs I've now gone to detesting them. Why did the good lord give them such a loud bark? It's totally out of proportion to their size. There are currently  twenty four dogs between five houses in my community. Myself and a neighbour don't have any. I sympathise with you.
This dog is small with the most piercing bark, it's been going for 8 hrs now and that's everyday, new people moved in a few weeks ago with 2 dogs one being a large labrador, its left in the car port and lets loose every now and then with very loud deep barking, shutting my door has helped alot, hate these inconsiderate P@%#$s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lostangel said:

Happened to me , but that was here in Oz.

I fed it (the barking dog) Laxets in some meat, dog to busy pooping to bark !!!

Many dogs here are trained to bite anyone who tries to feed them besides the owner (many poisonings).  May just be my neighborhood though. 

15 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Yet another design flaw by the "good" lord.  ???? 

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Many dogs here are trained to bite anyone who tries to feed them besides the owner (many poisonings).  May just be my neighborhood though. 

I would say 99% of dogs here are not trained at all, let alone biting people who feed them which is well beyond any basic training (advanced level guard dog training which comes after at least a year of normal training).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

I would say 99% of dogs here are not trained at all, let alone biting people who feed them which is well beyond any basic training (advanced level guard dog training which comes after at least a year of normal training).

4 Bangkaew dogs around me.  Three burglar bites last couple of months. The latest robber, the dogs got his bloody shoe.  The dogs communicate as the burglars walk down the street.  They start barking 50 meters up the street from me and each dog takes about a 10 meter bark area of the soi.  Had a peeping tom one morning and my dog got his boxer shorts.  The cops caught him as it was easy to identify a running down the street with no pants.  Not bad though as we have only had 8 incidents in 5 years.  People have to be drunk or crazy as there are a couple of army/police types who live close to me.

Edited by marcusarelus

6 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

A slingshot loaded with an M8 nut should stop the barking.

What are you 12 years old?  Shoot my dog and you are going to have a problem same with the cops and army guys who live on my soi.  I'll just hit you with my cane but those guys carry guns and I don't think anyone minds if they use them. 

Edited by marcusarelus

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What are you 12 years old?  Shoot my dog and you are going to have a problem same with the cops and army guys who live on my soi.  I'll just hit you with my cane but those guys carry guns and I don't think anyone minds if they use them. 

If you keep your dog quiet and within your premises, you'll have no worries.

7 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

What's the point that would just cause a bigger problem, these people can not be reasoned with, inconsiderate and couldn't give a stuff about anyone, welcome to Thailand!!

Seems like you know the solution,so why your qeustion. 

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

It's a forum where things get discussed, do you not know that?

Yes i do, but you ask for a solution and if someone gives you an idea, you nearly call their idea stupid and say welcome to thailand by yourself . So in my opinion you answered your own discussion point. Maybe next time you want to discuss something go sit in front of a mirror and ask it to yourself .

• Like 1

Yes i do, but you ask for a solution and if someone gives you an idea, you nearly call their idea stupid and say welcome to thailand by yourself . So in my opinion you answered your own discussion point. Maybe next time you want to discuss something go sit in front of a mirror and ask it to yourself .
Excellent advice!

22 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

It's a forum where things get discussed, do you not know that?

Seems to me people suggesting violence and poisoning dogs is hardly a worthwhile discussion in fact it could be quite dangerous. 

The house across from me has two bangkaeows and a pit bull.  They get so excited behind their gate that if you get anywhere near them the dogs would rip your arm off.  They have bitten the owner and family 3 times because of the excitement factor.  Trying to give them food is an invitation to lose a finger.  The owner is above the law so not a good idea to mess with him either. 

Other people suggest making eye contact which in dog language is "I want to fight you." 

If you can't figure out how to live in a house in Thailand buy a condo and call the guard if Someone bothers you. If you want to ride a bike among the soi dogs join an athletic club and ride with sweaty ladies instead or ride in a group.  Thai people have figured all this stuff out ask them. 

Neighbors to the right have 3 dogs; neighbors to the back have 2 dogs; we have 4 dogs.

One thing we all know: dogs bark.

My suggestion?  Get some dogs.  They'll help protect your home and then suddenly you'll find yourself more empathetic.  :thumbsup:

We have cats too.  Cats are quiet.  Great at killing rodents.  They suck at protecting the house.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Only one barking dog.

Wow, you got it easy!

Try living near to guy with base speakers going all day every day from his pick up truck in his front yard while he sits there getting drunk with his mates until late in the night.

Have about 10 dogs all barking at night randomly running up and down the street.

Cats fighting and screaming... which sets the pack of dogs off.

Roosters crowing on garden wall.

Geese

Temple loud speakers vibrating windows

Neighbour repairing cars likes revving up the car engines for fun.

Village speakers outside the window playing crappy Thai old music.

Strimmer guy strimming the sides of the road the orchard behind the house at 5.30am for several days in a row.

Want to swap?  

When you live in Thailand you have to tolerate noise... it's part of life here.

Wow! Sounds like party time down your way!

• Haha 1

I guess even the dog must have a headache with all that barking, be a helpful neighbour and ensure the poor little dog gets a nice meaty treat with plenty of Paracetemol, it won't be too long before life quietens down. and you have been a thoughtful, caring neighbour.

Just remember that if you file a report or talk with your neighbor you'll lose your anonymity and you won't be able to poison or kidnap the dog later. I don't know how invested you are in the property but you may want to resort to violence later in which case you'll regret speaking out now.

Have you thought of training yourself to tune out extraneous noise?

My GF's house has roosters next door with no time sense, large visiting geckos. We also get the occasional cat fights/mating.

I'm not deaf. The noise just doesn't register with me. Remember, the only person who can cause you stress is yourself.

43 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

I guess even the dog must have a headache with all that barking, be a helpful neighbour and ensure the poor little dog gets a nice meaty treat with plenty of Paracetemol, it won't be too long before life quietens down. and you have been a thoughtful, caring neighbour.

Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden.  I wonder if they had a dog problem and treated it with Paracetemol?  Just saying......

18 minutes ago, Brayka said:

Why don’t you buy an ultra sonic device, the sound it makes stops dogs barking. It doesn’t harm them, and people don’t hear it, because the tone is very high. Look on internet

Have you ever tried one?  There is an app for a smart phone I tried it and nothing.