Problems With Ink Cartriges For Epson Stylus Cx3500

opalhort

Is anybody in this forum who has an EPSON Stylus CX3500 and has problems with the ink cartridges?

Over the past year I had 5 cartridges which were still about 50% full one moment and then suddenly reported empty. I did manage to revive one cartridge by gently shaking it up-side-down but this did not work for the others, even though I can hear the ink inside sloshing around.

I only us original ones purchased directly from SVOA. Considering the price (280.-B for colour and 480.-B for black) I am not happy about the waste.

Any idea how to revive the non-empty cartridges?

opalhort

Get yourself a chip-resetter (anywhere that sells refill kits should have them, just ensure you get one for Epson).

Jiggers the cartridge to report full, use until the printing stops :o

Thanks for the advise. I didn't know there is such a thing but understand what it does. Will talk to our computer shop guy who also offers refill service. He should know what this is about.

opalhort

You might have some luck with SSC Service Utility.

I recently had an Epson printer stop printing with an error code which meant the ink pads needed cleaning. Was able to reset the protection counter and clean the pads myself with this software.

Thanks.

This utility looks very interesting but since my model (CX3500) can not have the ink counters reset by software it may be to complicated/cumbersome for my purposes.

All I want is a way to reactivate cartridges which I know contain sufficient ink yet report empty.

I do not refill cartridges and most of all I do not want to upset the printer software.

A hardware solution to simply reset the cartridge chip would be the best way to go.

opalhort

This utility looks very interesting but since my model (CX3500) can not have the ink counters reset by software it may be to complicated/cumbersome for my purposes.

Your model does seem to be covered:

http://www.ssclg.com/epsons.shtml

Although I only used the software once so couldn't vouch for it.

Yes, my model is covered, but only in a "round-about" way (see Notes ** on web-site) which could very well cause trouble with the printer software and disable all ink level monitoring entirely.

opalhort