Angry topless farangs go viral after telling Thais to keep the noise down

webfact

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Noise pollution is not a concern of the police, it is a civil offense, you would have to call a health officer to come and take a reading. 

OK. Instead of bellowing at the two offenders, maybe after a couple of drinks, they should have contacted the authorities in the first instance.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If the noise is over this limit, the health officer will have authority to request that the respondent lowers the sound volume. 

Or suggest you pay a fine.

Policemen have this, and all other authority, as well.

3 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Thankfully as Brits we don't have to have or carry ID cards. 

UK-ii686-450.jpg

Right..:

In my next life  I've listed the UK/brits /England as my first point of landing..

Best former empire builder  ever seen.

Did I forget anything?

• Haha 1

I am very surprised that the Scot didn’t get belted with a large spanner, he was completely out of order with his attitude and being under the weather is no excuse.

It will be interesting to see if he appears again in the news having suffered an accident.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Or suggest you pay a fine.

Policemen have this, and all other authority, as well.

No, the police have no way to measure your sound output, they would call on the health officers to start monitoring them and if necessary to make an agreement with them regarding hours per day etc, and then if they breached that agreement then the health officer could call the police in to fine them.  And no, not all other authorities have the ability to issue civil fines, that is just nonsense.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry ?

Fair enough if you like those 2 drunken barking weirdos, but don't tell me what to do.

Please quote where I said I like their actions.

Are you reading things that are not on your screen?

You are still online.

You can voice your thoughts..

Go on.

Edited by watcharacters

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Maybe you are having a bad day, i hope it will get better.

Silly retort as I'm having a very good day in Thailand at the moment.

You simply can't back off.

Best you don't reply to this post as it makes you ever increasingly idiotic.

Good luck to you nevertheless.

• Haha 1

You have to approach the problem of noise with the Thai. They are very selfish and I don't care, but on another point they don't think that far being out of the box to be considerate. My rule is, every sometime is ok but not everyday. And the police will come and sort it out if needed. 

26 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, the police have no way to measure your sound output, they would call on the health officers to start monitoring them and if necessary to make an agreement with them regarding hours per day etc, and then if they breached that agreement then the health officer could call the police in to fine them.  And no, not all other authorities have the ability to issue civil fines, that is just nonsense.

Correct. Public health officials measure noise (whether it is afternoon or the middle of the night). 

Another point to remember is that the official has to send the proposed fine papers to the Mayor first before the police can administer the fine.  So for many shitty Mayors it will be who do I piss off? Thai people and any friends they have who can actually vote in local elections, or a couple of farang who cannot vote. 

Best to go down the health official line first, and keep the evidence that you did attempt to solve it through the correct processes. If nothing comes off (due to dodgy Mayor or official), then take the failed attempts to the Army tribunal for free. End result in this case would be no noise after a certain time and a health official/Mayor given a good talking to for being useless - losing face. 

Edited by wildewillie89

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You have to approach the problem of noise with the Thai. They are very selfish and I don't care, but on another point they don't think that far being out of the box to be considerate. My rule is, every sometime is ok but not everyday. And the police will come and sort it out if needed. 

They are very selfish and I don't care, but on another point they don't think that far being out of the box to be considerate. My rule is, every sometime is ok but not everyday.

Can anyone understand this, it appears to be gibberish but perhaps I am missing something.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Can anyone understand this, it appears to be gibberish but perhaps I am missing something.

Let me repost it. 

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You have to approach the problem of noise with the Thai. They are very selfish and I don't care (saying that they don't care attitude.), but on another point they don't think that far being out of the box to be considerate. My rule is, every sometime is ok but not everyday. And the police will come and sort it out if needed. 

Keep your gibberish comment to yourself as perhaps you needed to read it correctly in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That was my point before getting stalked by someone.

Plus, i wonder how someone can be so arrogant to go in a foreign country and decide to shout aggressively at workers in their workshop.... At 6pm, god forbid.

I have to congratulate the Thais for keeping cool, i am not sure how i would have reacted if i were in their shoes.

he's walking on thin ice that's for sure, different garage could have got a very different reaction

• Like 2