PM Prayut loses his cool and hits back at Sanoh Thienthong

webfact

On 9/27/2018 at 12:17 PM, webfact said:

Prayuth Upset By Prediction He’ll Lose Power In Election

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

20180926-2_%E0%B9%91%E0%B9%98%E0%B9%90%E

“Sanoh should go and rest," junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha takes a snide at Pheu Thai Party elder Sanoh Thienthong.

BANGKOK — Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha has lashed out at a senior politician who suggested he will fail to hang onto power after elections promised for February.

Gen. Prayuth said Wednesday that Sanoh Thienthong, a well-known Pheu Thai Party kingmaker who helped formed past governments, should retire and go home because he’s old. His rebuttal came after Sanoh predicted earlier at Pheu Thai’s first executive meeting that Prayuth will be shut out because Pheu Thai will repeat its past electoral successes and land 200 seats.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/09/27/prayuth-upset-by-prediction-hell-lose-power-in-election/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-27

I actually hope Pheu Thai does win just to give this jumped up little Corporal a kick in the goolies

• Like 1

In a sense he is reminding people that 250 junta nitwits are hand picked for MP work and have nothing to do with the democratic election. I would bet most Thai do not know this, but if did know would be disgusted. 

I can't wait to hear more. There are certainly more temper tantrums on the P horizon. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Now the little tinpot is discriminating against those he deems old.  The beauty of age is knowing truth and not mincing words.  If Prayuth does lose, the army will not live it down.  Losing twice will be far more than they can bear.  Thailand's future looks very tumultuous indeed.  The last coup leaders, in comparison, respected the Thai people and freedom much more than the present clowns.  Nothing would make many on this forum happier than to see this usurper sent packing. 

So very true. He is his own worst enemy. His procrastination of the election, the regular broken promises and outburst; beside his bland personality and lack of wit has eroded most of the support that he got when he staged the coup. The social media are good indication of how negative most Thais feel about him. Those caustic remarks by Thais will put all of us less courageous to shame. Talking to most Thais even those who initially supported him revealed that almost 80% Thais have enough of him & want him out of any future government. This guy is a liability to any party that willing to nominate him as PM. The yellow in him (no disrespect to your forum name), will likely see him get in by the backdoor as an outside PM. Even that I see his chance as slim. Sanob was right in his assessment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So very true. He is his own worst enemy. His procrastination of the election, the regular broken promises and outburst; beside his bland personality and lack of wit has eroded most of the support that he got when he staged the coup. The social media are good indication of how negative most Thais feel about him. Those caustic remarks by Thais will put all of us less courageous to shame. Talking to most Thais even those who initially supported him revealed that almost 80% Thais have enough of him & want him out of any future government. This guy is a liability to any party that willing to nominate him as PM. The yellow in him (no disrespect to your forum name), will likely see him get in by the backdoor as an outside PM. Even that I see his chance as slim. Sanob was right in his assessment.

"No-one likes me I don't know why..

I may not be perfect but heaven knows I try..."

43 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Some rescue boats are yellow in color :  mob-slide-3.jpg

Few Thais I speak to are excited by the junta.  The rich ones need to pay him lip service to play along.  PTP and the Future Forward party are showing a love of participatory government.  The "democrats" look to be shut out. 

The little general is yellow or a coward, hoping to avoid verbal sword play, as he is unable to defend himself or maintain his composure.  Plus there is little to defend other than making the rich richer.  The legalization of Marijuana will probably be the domain of the army.  The last booty from successfully raiding unarmed, humble Thais. 

• Thanks 1

If that comment set him off he better get prepared for much worse if he somehow retains power. No longer armed with a 44 and a military weighted arm his ability to strike back will be limited to his political abilities which appear to be quite limited.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 9:14 PM, chama said:

No longer armed with a 44 and a military weighted arm his ability to strike back will be limited

The military promotions have just been done, he will have his followers in positions of power and he retains leadership of the NCPO - he is NOT 'armless'! 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 4:07 AM, Father Fintan Stack said:

You conveniently leave out that he was a hardcore Yellow Shirt. 

Whoops!

Forgot about that side, didn't we.

How convenient. 

Is anyone paying attention or what....

On 10/6/2018 at 9:10 PM, lvr181 said:

The military promotions have just been done, he will have his followers in positions of power and he retains leadership of the NCPO - he is NOT 'armless'! 

Perhaps this has embolden him to a point he is willing to allow an election?

On 9/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

You conveniently leave out that he was a hardcore Yellow Shirt. 

He was a hardcore yellow shirt for a very short time. He soon reverted to type and in fact was the MP who proposed Yingluck as PM.

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Only for "Thai style" democracy - which is not the same democracy that much of the western world believes in. :sad:

Actually, there's not much difference if one examines it closely vacant of fanciful superlatives. 

The general repression/control is quite universal. 

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Actually, there's not much difference if one examines it closely vacant of fanciful superlatives. 

The general repression/control is quite universal. 

"Thai style democracy" was a quote used by the PM.

There are, obviously, different levels of repression/control and the Kingdom ranks highly on a list.