Supporting a "rich" girl with money ??

Bjarneb

39 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Is she's asking for a 100K a month support and you're not even married yet, man, you have big spender on your hands there, better put thing in perspectives and bring her down to earth or just do a runner...

Was thinking the same. Have a talk and get someone down to earth, or make a run.
Was new side of her coming up now, which left me a bit confused. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I don't pay a penny for sex, and I get what I pay for!  555

But seriously, my wife has a few old grade school/high school friends who have done very well for themselves, and don't act "rich".  I'm talking maybe 200-300 million Baht.  But just the other day, she met up with another one after 40 some years.  That lady was all too willing to talk about her success and "come see my fancy house" and all that.  I could not live with that.

My wife and I rarely discuss money.  She spends what she spends and I do the same.  We are frugal and there's enough. We both want to pass on the majority of our money to our son.

Not the sex I am paying for either. In that case I have over payed a lot and would rather get my harem, as someone suggested.

Put quite a lot money in charity though. And she aslways supported that, unntil recently, when she said that I should rather support her. Might be some of "I wanna be richer than you" kind of things, as you mention. Most of her friends are actually richer than her.

Ah well, it might a cultural thing or most likely a global cultural showoff thing.
Just wanted to hear from more experienced people if it was something related to thai culture or not 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bjarneb said:

...  Ah well, it might a cultural thing or most likely a global cultural showoff thing.
Just wanted to hear from more experienced people if it was something related to thai culture or not 

A bit of all the above, I suspect.  Old money/new money? In my case, my wife and her friends are predominately from the old Vietnamese immigrant families, so that puts a different cultural slant on it. Her half-Thai younger siblings are fluff-heads to a good degree.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

You have been with her 4 years and you can see through her insincerity yet ?

It is a constructed theme for Tv, and it makes the fora alive with new and interesting general discussions on issues some and most experience. 

When that is said, a man have to show he is cabable to take care, poor or rich girl, no girl is getting a bf with lower status than themselves. General speaking as said, and exceptions from this rule can happen. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Yet another first time poster with Thai woman problems,

sure he will get lots of answers and clicks,seems to be

happening with regularity.

regards worgeordie

Yes, but, honestly. If you were to believe the story to be true, what would be your advice ?.:smile:

It has nothing to do with culture. It is just a Thai trend among some specific set of Thai girls and their group of friends. What I will say is, if it doesn't hurt your finances and you think she is worth it then, by all means, ride on Brother. God bless you.

7 minutes ago, DavCurtis said:

It has nothing to do with culture. It is just a Thai trend among some specific set of Thai girls and their group of friends. ...

I sponsored some of my wife's siblings to come to the USA about 7-8 years ago.  Bro-in-law is a nice guy, but married wrong.  Their daughter was a little vixen when she was little, but a rather shy, pudgy kid when she cam here at about age 18.  Thought she liked girls more than boys.  She lost weight and discovered farang boy friends and is now a complete fluff-head.  Speaks great English, flaunts her looks and is pretty well worthless, though entertaining.

Do be careful out there.  There are gems and there are sparkly rocks and pieces of glass. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Here's what I would do :

1. Tell her you are having money problems and cannot send anything currently.

2. Sit back and see if she leaves you or her attitude changes to one you do not want to marry.

100,000 baht a month is pure madness - your buying her a new condo every year !

That is a cheap condo, just sayin

• Like 1