Australian man found hanged in Chiang Mai

webfact

Australian man found hanged in Chiang Mai

By The Nation

chiang-mai-muang-chiang-mai-police-station-6460.jpg

File photo: Chiang Mai Police station

An Australian man is believed to have hanged himself from a tree on a roadside in Chiang Mai's Hang Dong district on Thursday morning.

The man was identified as Nicholas James Watek.

A passer-by called Hang Dong police at 9.30am after he saw the foreigner hanging from a tree on Soi Bon Kai Doi Tham in Ban Doi Tham village in Tambon Nam Phra. A red Honda CRF was found near the tree.

A doctor determined that the man had died shortly before he was found.

Police said the man had been riding his motorcycle around the area making loud noises at about 2am. Local residents had called police to complain.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355319

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-27

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

Red Honda CRF found near by..2am he was riding motorbike irritating some residents with his noise...then found at 9.30am hanged but no one saw him preparing and getting ready for doing that hard job!!!??? I wonder what happened between 02.00 and 0.900????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Red Honda CRF found near by..2am he was riding motorbike irritating some residents with his noise...then found at 9.30am hanged but no one saw him preparing and getting ready for doing that hard job!!!??? I wonder what happened between 02.00 and 0.900????

Exactly my thoughts , strange story.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Yes, you just might be confused, What car? 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, webfact said:

A passer-by called Hang Dong police at 9.30am after he saw the foreigner hanging from a tree on Soi Bon Kai Doi Tham in Ban Doi Tham village in Tambon Nam Phra. A red Honda CRF was found near the tree.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, webfact said:

Police said the man had been riding his motorcycle around the area making loud noises at about 2am. Local residents had called police to complain.

That car and bike.

• Confused 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:47 AM, Mickmouse1 said:

Whatever, this will be concluded as another Farang suicide.

Very rough reporting and journalism, few details and no inside story about the guy. doubt we will ever know what really happened and this will be the last report on this case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Whatever, this will be concluded as another Farang suicide.

Very rough reporting and journalism, few details and no inside story about the guy. doubt we will ever know what really happened and this will be the last report on this case.

I agree fully with what you say. 

Strange however how all these apparent suicides all over the country and no members on Thai Visa seems to know the victims. I’m sure quite a lot of these people who apparently commit suicide have mixed with other foreigners who might know what mental state they where in. They might be able to offer evidence as to wether it was a suicide or a crime had been committed. 

RIP young man. My condolences to your family and friends. 

Hopefully others reading these stories or  family members, friends can reach out for help before it’s too late. 

• Like 1

2 young Aussies within a few days decide that suicide is the only way out (Phuket and CM) . Why come to Thailand , mental problems , nobody cared about them back in Australia?

Is it really that hard to be in your 20's today ?    

On 9/29/2018 at 1:20 PM, Tongjaw said:

I agree fully with what you say. 

Strange however how all these apparent suicides all over the country and no members on Thai Visa seems to know the victims. I’m sure quite a lot of these people who apparently commit suicide have mixed with other foreigners who might know what mental state they where in. They might be able to offer evidence as to wether it was a suicide or a crime had been committed. 

RIP young man. My condolences to your family and friends. 

Hopefully others reading these stories or  family members, friends can reach out for help before it’s too late. 

For reasons unknown most foriegner will look the other way when another approaches in Thailand.

this phenomena been talked about many times on TV but not really have a solid explanation why.

• Like 1