Video: Farang singing the Thai National Anthem praised online

webfact

Video: Farang singing the Thai National Anthem praised online

5pm_VID.jpg

video screenshot

Thai social media was awash with praise and admiration for a westerner filmed with a straight back proudly mouthing the words to the Thai national anthem. 

Following the conclusion to the anthem he wais and blesses himself with a rub on his head. 

Komchadluek reported that the video was posted on Instagram on the account of "up2youha".

It came with the tagline: Farang Hua Jai Thai Gern Roi".

This can be translated as the white Caucasian with the more than 100% Thai heart.

The news media said most foreigners try and learn some of the Thai language and culture but this was really special.

Source: Komchadluek

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-03

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SammyT said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for all the bitter and angry expats who lurk among us to come in and start laying into the guy for no good reason. 

Good on him for trying his best to respect Thai culture, whether we agree with it or not. 

What with the agro and the negative images of foreigners that you have going there buddy? why would you think that any other foreigner wouldn't have done the right thing and do what the locals do out of good manners and respect, I know i would...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very respectful of him I must say. He looks like an official with an ID tag around his neck. Maybe a tour guide putting on a show for the locals who seem to have less interest in the anthem than he does.

What's he carrying in the bag on his back, looks like a quiver full of arrows. 

Ezzra - Just a few examples. Care to ask again why I have a negative image of some expats? Most of the worst comments appear to have been deleted by the users or theTVF moderators. Some were pretty slanderous. 

image.png.2b2f4ffcbbbfa12fca90c2c43dbcdf54.png

image.png.8a6a042b98e9f98c69a3ca184df05b8d.png

image.png.b97331551a252fd83e198e7a11ccf927.png

image.png.816c554b532713886be186c4e81d63ad.png

image.png

Edited by SammyT

Yes, once upon a time I too used to be enamored with the Thai National Anthem thinking it is cute at certain times of the day. Fact is I couldn't even sing my own if I had a gun put to my head. Just one of those things you have to go along with and respect.  

1 hour ago, chippendale said:

He looks flabby, decrepit, slightly senile and dresses like a vagrant on a 10-year overstay, so his effort at slavishly mouthing the words of the national anthem deserves our mild applause. Good boy.

Oh, I say, how jolly judgemental!

I am sure that he is remarkably handsome - for a couple of days after the pension hits the bank...

2 hours ago, chippendale said:

He looks flabby, decrepit, slightly senile and dresses like a vagrant on a 10-year overstay, so his effort at slavishly mouthing the words of the national anthem deserves our mild applause. Good boy.

Do you always judge a book by its cover? Or just when you can do so from behind the anonymity of a keyboard? 

One can only presume you're a hulking, well dressed adonis? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1