Pensioner's plea! Thais have robbed me blind and I can't get home

webfact

2 hours ago, johncat1 said:

I was always told if you are a tourist you must have either a return ticket or a ticket for onward travel out of Thailand .

Has Thailand changed this rule .

Also as the sign is written in English and he appears to be at an airport. The sign is aimed at English speaking Tourists not local people 

It would be interesting to know about this allegation that Thais stole ALL his money.  Does he mean it was physically stolen from him or was he a victim of a scam or his own stupidity here ? But more likely he got involved with a Bar girl ( and her pimp / husband ) 

If it was stolen and reported to the police then I am sure his embassy would assist him getting home, but if he was scammed he is on his own 

I know with the British Embassy they will not give you money or even a loan but they will contact someone in your own country to help and arrange for them to send money to you.   

You say his sign is in English so he's not trying to inform/ask help from local people(Thai) .  Maybe he is asking help from afluent Thai  who have money and speak/read English. I have written many times that several of the Malls in Bangkok (Central Lad Prao--The Mall Ngam Wong Wan, ect ) have movie theatres playing movies only in English , no Thai subtitles so all the Thai going there speak/read English. 

21 hours ago, Artisi said:

Are you feel better after than mammoth effort? 

LOL, yes actually, YES I feel better... One like and 3 smileys vs your comment, ain't bad isn't it?

Ok, for your favor:

Poor fellow,,,,, 

BUT:

Look at all the items, he came as a tourist, lived as a tourist and got mugged at the end.

The 200 baht watches and the straw hat would indicate at least the begin of the story.. 

Yes I agree he is desperate, selling stuff that you get offered by street vendors 50 times per day.

As tourist you actually buy this stuff in a pub/bar when your "social" level is reached after 20 Leos to make yourself looking good in front of that chicken you just bought a lady-drink, do you?

But still I stand to my last mammoth post that you have quoted..

I would buy that straw hat, put it on my dog's head, shave his a** and make him walking reverse, if I could develop a feeling and would find any reason why to help him.

But sure we can find at least 50 more guys per day who came up with better solutions and made their way home after got mugged. 

Blaming THE THAI PEOPLE in general is in my eyes pretty shameless and disrespectful. 

Criminals you find in every country and almost everywhere they are the minority.. 

56 minutes ago, See Will said:

LOL, yes actually, YES I feel better... One like and 3 smileys vs your comment, ain't bad isn't it?

Ok, for your favor:

Poor fellow,,,,, 

BUT:

Look at all the items, he came as a tourist, lived as a tourist and got mugged at the end.

The 200 baht watches and the straw hat would indicate at least the begin of the story.. 

Yes I agree he is desperate, selling stuff that you get offered by street vendors 50 times per day.

As tourist you actually buy this stuff in a pub/bar when your "social" level is reached after 20 Leos to make yourself looking good in front of that chicken you just bought a lady-drink, do you?

But still I stand to my last mammoth post that you have quoted..

I would buy that straw hat, put it on my dog's head, shave his a** and make him walking reverse, if I could develop a feeling and would find any reason why to help him.

But sure we can find at least 50 more guys per day who came up with better solutions and made their way home after got mugged. 

Blaming THE THAI PEOPLE in general is in my eyes pretty shameless and disrespectful. 

Criminals you find in every country and almost everywhere they are the minority.. 

Fact check needed, seems to me your original posting has received zilch, zero, nothing, whereas it is my comment attracting 1 like and 3 smilies - so still happy and feeling better. 

However, you are correct in saying that blaming the Thais is way off base. 

more than likely he gave 50000bt to a thai girl,makes me laugh the amount of blokes that say a thai woman has robbed them,when they have handed over the cash,as far as i know no thai woman has held a knife to the throat to any of these blokes,all you gotta to do is quite simple.... when they ask for cash you say NO!!

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

50 ?. Thats more than the Brits who saved their ases.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The UK State pension is a joke - land fit for heroes, pauper heroes, or at least their offspring. Wait till the next big crisis comes up. I have serious doubts if that well-spring that took us through WW1 and WW2 even still exists. Hopefully, there's been enough inbreeding to ensure a core of moral strength. On the other hand, I'm encouraged by the way foreigners adopt British culture, almost against their will. Like,I used to work with Muslim girls and they were so British ... .

On 10/3/2018 at 12:49 PM, smedly said:

so at 70 he has no state pension from home ? I find that hard to believe, how about booking a cheap room for 2x months and saving your income for an air ticket instead of making an idiot of yourself 

Does he know that begging is a crime in Thailand? Though he might argue it's not begging but fraud. Disgusting Hollander.

12 hours ago, seancbk said:

Yeah in that pic he looks much more like an organised scammer (beggar).

Well..adds a bit of colour to the otherwise completely dreary,Victor Meldrumish,holier than thou, expat existence.

I like his hat.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Charles said:

The message and pictures has been deleted on Hotji Kamnokkok FB-page. 

Perhaps it was a joke or fakenews but I don’t get it. ????

I would say "sold out" 

or destroying of evidence after the police caught him without work permit.. ???????? 

On 10/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, mauGR1 said:

I find hard to believe that the Dutch Embassy doesn't help him with a ticket, and leaves him begging on the sidewalk.

The embassy will provide help: they will try to contact your family for instance or act as negotiater/mediator. But they won't borrow you money for a ticket or hospital bill. That's your own responsibility. I vaguely remember a Dutch interview ablut the embassy helping people get back in the past but more than once getting their money back was rather difficult... and if these people default on their small loan it costs the taxpayer money. The embassy is not a charity organisation.

Edited by Donutz
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Tony125 said:

For your information  (and Thian's ) if you have a tourist visa from a Thai Consulate or Embassy you do not have to show tickets exiting the country. If you come in on a visa exempt you have to show a ticket leaving the country within 30 days or extend the visa exempt at immigration. Some airlines will not let you board the plane without a valid visa.

Further to this, many people don't even arrive by air, they arrive at land borders, which Thailand actually has quite a few off. In fact, I have entered Thailand by land more often than by air, and I have never been asked to show a ticket home. 

On 10/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, marqus12 said:

This pavement looks like in the area of khao san road.
Maybe one of you boasting millionaires should buy him a ticket???

If looks like some of the watches are ladies style. Looks a bit tidy

to on the down and outs

I love it when some blokes hand over all their money (buying land, house, car, etc.) to some lady they've recently met here and then cry "she/they took all my money". 

Not saying that this is the case with this Dutch fellow, but it wouldn't surprise me one little but if it were in fact the case. 

I've had the misfortune of meeting a few of these foreign men here over the years. Same story every time. 

Hope the Dutch pensioner manages to get home safely. 

On 10/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, Monkeyrobot said:

He looks well dressed and groomed. 

Maybe his first day at work , take another picture in 2 months when he's laying down shirtless.