Local Police Openly Selling Yaba

Pilotman

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Its not too difficult to  work out if you have an ounce of intelligence.  She was born and brought up there and funny old thing, she visits on occasion.  we have young family members in the village, that why we care. 

Well maybe someone who is living there should take care of it. Lot of shit goes on in the village where my wife grew up to, anyone with an ounce of intelligence where I grew up knows you don't mess with crooked cops in Thailand. If you wanted to do something it should have been done discretely not your missus going and fronting them in person.For someone that rates their intelligence that was a pretty stupid move.

12 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Huh?

Reggae Bars? 

Every township, 2-10? 

Where....?

????

In Krabi there are a few, every other place has them. It worked this way for years in Thailand.  Everyone knows.  I am not sure what is difficult to understand. You can not operate a drug bar in Thailand without the knowledge and blessing of the authorities.

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You are asking for trouble!

The young families in the village can go to the Poo ya baan or to the higher police themselves and are well aware of how to do it. Regardless, what you or anybody thinks, these lot up in the sticks, are not as green as they are cabbage looking!

The village survived and was functioning way before you arrived on the scene. If it all goes belly up, mark my words, they will all blame you and your woman for interfering. Don't think for a minute they will be looking up to you as a hero, for stamping out a problem, they will be annoyed that you have created a bigger one and then disappeared off to where you live!

And, just to add, your lady will know and be well aware of this and how these things get handled at a village level.

Why do you feel the need to involve yourself, or are you just busying your life up?

Read the post mate, its my wife that is instigating this, yes,  a village born and raised Thai lady , supported by many other Thai families in that village and some near by.  They asked by her and them for my thoughts, hence my original post.  I should have saved my breath, knowing how sarcastic and negative many on this forum are about anything and everything Thai. 

2 hours ago, starky said:

Well maybe someone who is living there should take care of it. Lot of shit goes on in the village where my wife grew up to, anyone with an ounce of intelligence where I grew up knows you don't mess with crooked cops in Thailand. If you wanted to do something it should have been done discretely not your missus going and fronting them in person.For someone that rates their intelligence that was a pretty stupid move.

She clearly has more balls than many on this forum! 

• Like 1

I understand your frustration, but you have to understand the way the drug economy works. Where there is demand, there will be supply. Don't think for a minute that if you eliminate these dealers the village will suddenly become drug free. Within hours(or minutes) a new supply will be opened up from another village or town. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Another thing that strikes me is the way many people blame the dealers. You don't see alcoholics blaming the liquor stores. I have never heard a drug addict blaming the dealer for their addiction. They know they only have themselves to blame.

People take drugs to escape suffering(which comes in many forms). There is nothing you can do about it. Better to keep your family safe by minding your own business and staying on a positive track. Steering well clear of drug dealing cops is a good start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Read the post mate, its my wife that is instigating this, yes,  a village born and raised Thai lady , supported by many other Thai families in that village and some near by.  They asked by her and them for my thoughts, hence my original post.  I should have saved my breath, knowing how sarcastic and negative many on this forum are about anything and everything Thai. 

Pilotman,

And all those in the village asking her for advice know themselves what to do if it is a serious concern. The village communities are far more in the know than many give credit for especially when it comes to the law and what is going on. Gossip is the main occupation of most of them and it's a full time job. They just pretend they don't understand and most of it is an act to plead ignorance when caught in the act of doing something illegal. These lot in the sticks are survivors if nothing else.

Many times you will find those asking the advice, basically to ' shoot the breeze ' have siblings selling the stuff. Because it's also boring in the villages, they can come out with this stuff just for the sake of something to say or talk about. They are throwaway conversations with as much sincerity as ' Have you eaten rice yet? '

There is an ' Art ' to surviving in the sticks in Isaarn where many norms around Thailand are not followed. You are talking areas where murders are commonplace for everything from family disputes to petty jealousy to the price of ' beer money ' for contract killings and life is of very little value. The problem of many is they act and react, without ever thinking of caring about the consequences.

I have seen police up here ' pissed drunk ' and then going on duty to stop drivers at road checks for traffic violations. I have also seen police arrest people for gambling and the very same police, walk into a back room of a Karaoke bar, with their colleagues, to do exactly the same. Local police here are well known to go to a particularly well known brothel here famous for bringing in Lao working girls. They go there and take their tea money ' in kind '  and the very same police officers two weeks after are involved in raids, fines and deportation of the same Lao girls!........ Do you think I or local people agree with it or condone it?

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

She clearly has more balls than many on this forum! 

The above statement is made by somebody who hasn't spent a long period of time in these localities. It has nothing to do with ' balls '  and everything to do with self preservation. You are definitely not ' getting it ' to how life works up in Isaarn, and if your wife is pretending to be shocked by it, having been ' born and raised there ' she is simply not being honest with you.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2018 at 5:57 AM, Pilotman said:

oh, very socially responsible mate . My Thai family, with kids, live in that village .  Drug dealing  targeting young kids  should be everyone's business 

So it's their business...not yours. You simply can not address yourself to all social ills. There is no big deal abouy Ya ba...its just speed, . The mods did purple hearts, the Saudis do captogen, the Yanks did Bennies, Amphetamine sulfate in the 80s....Es are common in Europe. 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:37 AM, Don Chance said:

In Krabi there are a few, every other place has them. It worked this way for years in Thailand.  Everyone knows.  I am not sure what is difficult to understand. You can not operate a drug bar in Thailand without the knowledge and blessing of the authorities.

Reggae? Are you being serious?