Bangkok Hotel Features Hitler Hotel Room

webfact

3 hours ago, manarak said:

I'm disappointed by the obvious lack of swastikas!

we don't know the name of that hotel?

there is one strange thing in the photo: the door on the right, this kind of doorhandle and lock is quite rare in Thailand.

It's the entrance to the bunker.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Who really cares. We Brits just made a joke of the German Nazis. It was our way of dealing with it.. Its a long time ago. I see Hitler as a joke figure. I do not forget history as I was taught about the war aling with loosing family in it.. Too PC these days and too sensitive. After all you dont have to stay there.

I agree and there was mention of Hitler being responsible for the death of 6 million.  The soon to be announced Super VIP Room is to be a tribute room to Joseph Stalin as historic accounts suggest he was responsible for the deaths of up to 20 million of his own people.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, swifty5x5 said:

They don't do it to irk foreigners. They have no idea what it means.

Thais adopt many images cos they appear "cool" to them without understanding their true significance, like Che Guevara T-shirts, or the Union Jack for that matter. One does wonder how the obscenely nasty, abohrrent, Nazis became a symbol of cool. Hollywood portrayals perhaps, or maybe bikers. Your guess is as good as mine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

I think some people get outraged too easily these days, no wonder the Thais enjoy wearing SS helmets to irk foreigners

You think? Tell that to the only surviving member of whole families sent to Bergen-Belsen, for example. Perhaps while you are in a forgiving mood, you can excuse the US president for his execrable ridiculing of half the human race too?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

War is war and I guess Hitler was different to other power crazy men in history. The difference here is about the gas slaughter, it's still fresh in our minds and that we wouldn't want to see that happen again. The Congo was another, though different in origin, tragedy and of the more recent events still in the news. Man's inhumanity to Man knows no bounds and I guess, and it is just a guess, that Thai children are not taught this type of history but plenty of Mai Pen Rai type of attitude.

55 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Who really cares. We Brits just made a joke of the German Nazis. It was our way of dealing with it.. Its a long time ago. I see Hitler as a joke figure. I do not forget history as I was taught about the war aling with loosing family in it.. Too PC these days and too sensitive. After all you dont have to stay there.

I care. 

You see the instigator of genocide on the basis of faith as a joke? Then you need to go back to school and try to learn this time. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, manarak said:

there is one strange thing in the photo: the door on the right, this kind of doorhandle and lock is quite rare in Thailand.

How many doorhandles and locks would you like ? They USED to be unusual, but no more. If the hotel wants to promote a room like tha, why can't we have its name so we can boycot it.

The AC unit with the efficiency sticker still attached is definately Thailand!

• Like 1

But the sticker on the aircon is quite authentic for LOS...

Room Service? Yes, I would like a Chairman Mao water with a Hitler pork chop. Also my lampshades are kinda weird. The shower seems kinda strange as well.  

Man, I have been looking at these Thai mistakes for 25 years. They don't even know who Pol Phot was much less Hitler. Or have any real clue how the world works. The ignorance used to be a kind of blessing. But nowadays. The locals just seem like super Dipsh#$ to me.

Glad I left. 

Edited by NickJ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, manarak said:

Not really all the doors in my house have them and they are easily available at hompro and have been for years.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Bangkok Hotel Features Hitler Hotel Room..."

This is, in my view, a case of stupidity and ignorance over any attempt at malice or anti-semitism.

However, this is not the first time this kind of idiocy has occurred but it should be the last. A few years back I had a Thai language teacher goose-stepping around the classroom; he was a good guy with no idea at all of how truly offensive he was acting. It is time for Thailand to educate its people on the evils of Nazism, the symbols of the holocaust, and the reasons why they are so utterly offensive to so many.

A deep, sincere and public apology is needed, along with a meaningful effort to educate Thais on the past; this kind of thing should never happen again.

It is sickening.

Thais don't care because it didn't and doesn't have anything to do with them. Therefore, what Hitler did is of no importance to them. Simple as that.

• Like 2