Video: A British pensioner's shame! Stole his neighbor's mattress and cash while he was away

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Guess this is what happens when your pension gets too low to live on.

Shows no matter your age, when the going gets tough, even a normal person would scam, steal, ... to make ends meet. 

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

Interesting that his good friend was the first person considered presumably even before viewing the video.

Maybe his good friend ,coming back from Cambodia ,discovered the breakin went next door to report and saw a similar mattress lying in plain sight for all to see .... stains and all. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gracas said:

He may have only stumbled upon the cash while checking the underwear draw for a clean pair. He came for the mattress which was the big ticket item.

Good point maybe the target was the mattress maybe he soiled his and was worried about his deposit so his intention was to swap it and the bonus ball came in when he found the wad of cash.

41 minutes ago, Gracas said:

He may have only stumbled upon the cash while checking the underwear draw for a clean pair. He came for the mattress which was the big ticket item.

And the purloined mattress would have been easy to conceal?

Seems like once he got his hands on the 3000 in cash, leaving the mattress in situ would have made detection on his crime slightly less obvious ... if the security cameras hadn't been there.

4 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

And the purloined mattress would have been easy to conceal?

Seems like once he got his hands on the 3000 in cash, leaving the mattress in situ would have made detection on his crime slightly less obvious ... if the security cameras hadn't been there.

Believe Thai reporting is he got the money first and departed (as video seems to show) - then went back later to get the mattress.

This country really does amaze me. All these police, staff, photographers etc involved for a small theft crime. I mean the number of man hours wasted is quite staggering. Can someone explain to me why they feel the need to make these videos and reanactments... what purpose do they serve?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

This country really does amaze me. All these police, staff, photographers etc involved for a small theft crime. I mean the number of man hours wasted is quite staggering. Can someone explain to me why they feel the need to make these videos and reanactments... what purpose do they serve?

Possibly so many showed up because they heard that someone stole his friends mattress and wanted to see for themselves.

Stealing a friends, money, car, wife has all been done before, but stealing their mattress I believe is not so common.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gracas said:

Possibly so many showed up because they heard that someone stole his friends mattress and wanted to see for themselves.

Stealing a friends, money, car, wife has all been done before, but stealing their mattress I believe is not so common.

Very true..

The mattress should be shot and the cost of the bullet sent to Sealy Postureapedic..or Slumberworld..or whatever..

Don`t think I`d want my mattress back after those pair of stinking scum had been sleeping on it.

Like many other western losers that decide to stay in Thailand for the good life, this guy was probably desperate and decided to take a gamble that he wouldn`t get caught. It beats me why these people actually come here that have to be the biggest tossers of the century.

1 hour ago, Gracas said:

Image result for strange bedfellows

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You can clearly see it is pounds, so no brownie points for the police chief.

One wonders how he got to be the chief when his observational powers appear to be somewhat lacking.

Shame on the British fella for doing something so shitty.

The bigger the brown envelope the higher up the tree you go

• Thanks 1

"The police chief also mentioned in the video that the money was 3,000 Euros contrary to press reports it was in pounds. "

Lol. Simple reason for this .

£1 = THB42

€1 = THB37

£3000 = THB126,000

€3000 = THB111,000

Anyone get what I'm trying to say?

• Like 1

The guy is obviously not all there, you do lose sense of reasoning when you get older especially with an underlying problem, no one in their right mind would steal something from the room next door, his wife should have known better but was probably only following orders, people here are quick to critisize before understanding the full story.

I think with today's technology, and relatively cheap to buy, one should assume that someone is watching and not the reverse.  Having been caught on this occasion I wonder if the couple have done it before? Well, now he has a criminal record in Thailand and deserves appropriate punishment. On the other side of the coin it isn't wise to keep large amounts of money at home either.