"Stay away from my daughter!" - angry Thai father shoots man at Tesco Lotus

webfact

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Courts decision is the all-important factor here.

If they give a not guilty verdict

That will show that you can indeed shoot an unarmed person

(although you will face charges prior to that)

I won’t bother repeating my point to you, you know it.

I haven’t talked about the court’s decision making process. 

If you wish to discuss it, find someone else to talk to. 

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Courts decision is the all-important factor here.

If they give a not guilty verdict

That will show that you can indeed shoot an unarmed person

(although you will face charges prior to that)

In many countries you can defend yourself using the minimum force necessary to defend yourself, so shooting an unarmed person becomes a very complex issue - was your life threatened - yes, maybe the court will decide on self-defence, if no, you could face manslaughter or attempted manslaughter charges. 

But TIT, the outcome is always an unknown. 

12 minutes ago, Artisi said:

In many countries you can defend yourself using the minimum force necessary to defend yourself, so shooting an unarmed person becomes a very complex issue - was your life threatened - yes, maybe the court will decide on self-defence, if no, you could face manslaughter or attempted manslaughter charges. 

But TIT, the outcome is always an unknown. 

As he is facing "attempted murder" charges , he wouldnt even need to prove self defence.

This quite clearly isnt an attempt at murder .

He shot him once in the leg and he could have shot him six times , but didnt .

He will get a not guilty on attempted murder and probably get a fine on firearms offences.

Interesting that they charged him with the serious , but easily defendable attempted murder charges .

Had they charged him with a less serious offence , like malicious wounding or something , they would be more likely to get a conviction .

Maybe that was purposely done to get a NG verdict ?

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

As he is facing "attempted murder" charges , he wouldnt even need to prove self defence.

This quite clearly isnt an attempt at murder .

He shot him once in the leg and he could have shot him six times , but didnt .

He will get a not guilty on attempted murder and probably get a fine on firearms offences.

Interesting that they charged him with the serious , but easily defendable attempted murder charges .

Had they charged him with a less serious offence , like malicious wounding or something , they would be more likely to get a conviction .

Maybe that was purposely done to get a NG verdict ?

I wasn't really sighting this particular case, just commenting on the self-defence aspect that was floated previously as a reason to shot the guy. 

14 hours ago, starky said:

Hahahaha. Well my man I don't spend all day and night on Thaivisa and I posted to Colin as soon as I read his post which coincidentally was before I read the whole thread. I don't read the thread and then go back to make comments. I'm sure Colin won't mind we get along quite well. I am also pretty sure Colin doesn't need you jumping I'm for him. I'm not the one that needs to keep up I am afraid. Do keep trying however. Cheerio 

Let it go mate, it was your mistake and it's better to keep up if you want to be clever

AS you know he who laughs last laughs longest

As this is an open forum it does not matter what you think as regards when others decide to comment

Bye Bye

On 10/4/2018 at 1:27 AM, ezzra said:

Ok.. that is scary now to know that people brings guns to shopping and god forbid anyone will be perceived looking at a child or young girl the wrong way, that is crap and i don't care how you look or come close to someone child...

Gee, Just like Texas.

50 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I really have not got the time or inclination to explain what you have missed my man 

Have a nice weekend

Excuse me guv, with all this "my man" should we be tugging our forelock when we address you? 

The man who was shot could not have been hitting the car roof,standing next to the car window. He would have to been 4  or five feet a way from the car for the old man to shoot him in the thight. Maybe backed away and Daddy came out of the car and shot him..We were"t there so don"t say it was a justified shooting. till we get all the facts....

3 hours ago, usacb500biker said:

The man who was shot could not have been hitting the car roof,standing next to the car window. He would have to been 4  or five feet a way from the car for the old man to shoot him in the thight. Maybe backed away and Daddy came out of the car and shot him..We were"t there so don"t say it was a justified shooting. till we get all the facts....

Unless dad's life was endangered, it wasn't justified. 

Archived