Germany's Merkel visits Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem, vows to fight anti-Semitism

webfact

15 hours ago, Morch said:

Err no. If you'd bother reading any of the links provided above - none of them alleges that there are no issues with antisemitism related to the far right, and none (I think) claims that Muslim-related antisemitic incidents make up the bulk of such. Guess it's a wee bit more nuanced for some.

Fair comment.  However, it is pretty clear that Germany (along with other EU nations) is reluctant to address the negative consequences of importing millions of Muslims and some unwelcome baggage - not least inherent anti-semitism.

The scale of the ongoing persecution of embattled Jewish and Christian populations in Islamic majority countries around the world disturbing evidence of what could eventually happen here, as Muslim immigration figures continue to rise.

Anti-semitism is just one of many unappealing aspects of Islam, a totalitarian ideology arguably incompatible with Western values of freedom and democracy - and inarguably an increasing source of strife in hitherto homogenous communities across the EU. (https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12211/europe-antisemitism-fight/)

Despite proof of their immigration policy failures piling up around them, a majority of European governments continue to mumble platitudes praising diversity and inclusivity while ploughing blindly on with their failed experiment in multiculturalism.

Over the next 22 years, according to recently-published research, the current 44 million Muslim population of Europe could reach 58 million. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth) By 2050, the Muslim presence in the UK could almost triple to nearly 17 percent.

One wonders how many of our multiculturalist politicians have actually bothered to learn any Arabic - and whether they know the word Islam means submission. . . 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, simple1 said:

Some Islamic countries / sects are more strict than others in the rules created and enforced by men, it is not universal enforcement.

You appear to be bending over backwards to defend the indefensible.

It is true that not all Islamic states stone adulterers to death, fling homosexuals from rooftops, murder apostates, treat women as chattels and non-Muslims as inferior, second-class citizens. 

But would you honestly wish to see Sharia imposed in whatever country you come from - assuming, that is, you not already one of the lucky recipients of its largesse?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

You appear to be bending over backwards to defend the indefensible.

It is true that not all Islamic states stone adulterers to death, fling homosexuals from rooftops, murder apostates, treat women as chattels and non-Muslims as inferior, second-class citizens. 

But would you honestly wish to see Sharia imposed in whatever country you come from - assuming, that is, you not already one of the lucky recipients of its largesse?

I have never 'defended' acts of cruelty / Islamist extremism so kindly don't make false allegations just because I disagree with your type of posts.

When living in Pattaya for approx four years I lived among a Thai Sunni Muslim community. Could hear the call to prayer at 4:30AM, then went back to sleep, which I actually thought sounded soothing. Never felt threatened or saw examples of the acts you go on about endlessly. Sure there are some Muslims who carry out the terrible deads you talk to. All I'm doing is providing some counter to the hateful hyperbole which you and some others greet every topic that touches upon Islam / Muslims.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

I have never 'defended' acts of cruelty / Islamist extremism so kindly don't make false allegations just because I disagree with your type of posts.

When living in Pattaya for approx four years I lived among a Thai Sunni Muslim community. Could hear the call to prayer at 4:30AM, then went back to sleep, which I actually thought sounded soothing. Never felt threatened or saw examples of the acts you go on about endlessly. Sure there are some Muslims who carry out the terrible deads you talk to. All I'm doing is providing some counter to the hateful hyperbole which you and some others greet every topic that touches upon Islam / Muslims.

Good post.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

I see you prefer to play the victim card rather than answer my question about wishing to live under Sharia law - an evasion which speaks for itself.

With luck, Thailand will remain Buddhist and the ladyboys, bargirls and your good self can continue to ignore the muzzein's early morning call to prayer with impunity.

Sweet dreams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Krataiboy

So my post was a "fair comment", and yet you go on making antisemitism related to Muslims in Europe the main dish on the menu, while totally ignoring that related to right wing elements (as these pander to your anti-Muslim political views). About as expected.

So once again, there's definitely an issue with antisemitism with regard to said communities, and it does need to be better addressed. That said, most references indicate that even so, the bulk of antisemitic incidents is still related to more "traditional" right wing elements. Going on about one brand, doesn't white-wash the other, nor does it make it less significant.

Not overly interested in the usual, pointless Islam/Muslim-bashing, sorry. All the more so when the links provided are to material by biased, dodgy sources.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I see you prefer to play the victim card rather than answer my question about wishing to live under Sharia law - an evasion which speaks for itself.

With luck, Thailand will remain Buddhist and the ladyboys, bargirls and your good self can continue to ignore the muzzein's early morning call to prayer with impunity.

Sweet dreams.

You raise a bogus proposition and expect a serious answer? Not even all Muslim majority countries are run according to, or under Sharia law. And, as far as I'm aware, none of the countries which have a Muslim minority does either.

The problem with your presentation is that it's a contrived either/or proposition, and that conditions in Europe are nowhere near allowing the full-blown scenario you're pushing to become a reality. Same goes for Thailand. Hyperbole is cool, though.

It would make more sense to reference a slower, "creeping" form of Islamic associated notions being incorporated into host societies, but that would require a more nuanced and informed approach.

3 hours ago, Morch said:

You raise a bogus proposition and expect a serious answer? Not even all Muslim majority countries are run according to, or under Sharia law. And, as far as I'm aware, none of the countries which have a Muslim minority does either.

The problem with your presentation is that it's a contrived either/or proposition, and that conditions in Europe are nowhere near allowing the full-blown scenario you're pushing to become a reality. Same goes for Thailand. Hyperbole is cool, though.

It would make more sense to reference a slower, "creeping" form of Islamic associated notions being incorporated into host societies, but that would require a more nuanced and informed approach.

An informed approach is something you appear to need more than I, judging by your complacency about the "creeping" Islamisatio which is already creating political and social turmoil across Europe. Do the research, rather than carping from the sidelines and sneering at sources you clearly have not even bothered to consult.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

@Krataiboy

So my post was a "fair comment", and yet you go on making antisemitism related to Muslims in Europe the main dish on the menu, while totally ignoring that related to right wing elements (as these pander to your anti-Muslim political views). About as expected.

So once again, there's definitely an issue with antisemitism with regard to said communities, and it does need to be better addressed. That said, most references indicate that even so, the bulk of antisemitic incidents is still related to more "traditional" right wing elements. Going on about one brand, doesn't white-wash the other, nor does it make it less significant.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

@Krataiboy

Not overly interested in the usual, pointless Islam/Muslim-bashing, sorry. All the more so when the links provided are to material by biased, dodgy sources.

You're just nit-picking, as per usual. I'm not Islam/Muslim bashing, just highlighting the imprudence of importing millions of foreign anti-semites to join the home-grown variety. Oh, and please enlighten me as to which facts in my two "biased, dodgy" sources are wrong. I am sure they will happily publish corrections if you provide the evidence.

7 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Sweet dreams.

You really have lost the plot with your moronic posts. Yes I do take umbrage when you post false allegations, it is not 'victimhood' to respond. You claim not to be right of centre, but some of your links and wording reflect right wing extremist ideology - you must wake up in fright every morning - LOL

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, simple1 said:

to be fair, Muslims in Thailand aren't free to choose the form of government they want.

look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

sort the list by percentage of Muslims in the population and look at countries with over 90%.

go through the list and reflect on how many of these countries are independant democracies with freely elected governments that aren't intolerant Muslim regimes.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, manarak said:

to be fair, Muslims in Thailand aren't free to choose the form of government they want.

look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

sort the list by percentage of Muslims in the population and look at countries with over 90%.

go through the list and reflect on how many of these countries are independant democracies with freely elected governments that aren't intolerant Muslim regimes.

Off Topic so don't know if Mods will permit a reply. However, nor are non Muslims in Thailand free to elect their government. Putting aside military coup/s Thailand's electoral processes are deeply corrupt. As to the rest plenty of dictatorships in non Muslim majority countries. Plus of course the trend towards right wing dictatorships in some western countries with forms of repression already underway; welcomed by more than a few TV members.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Off Topic so don't know if Mods will permit a reply. However, nor are non Muslims in Thailand free to elect their government. Putting aside military coup/s Thailand's electoral processes are deeply corrupt. As to the rest plenty of dictatorships in non Muslim majority countries. Plus of course the trend towards right wing dictatorships in some western countries with forms of repression already underway; welcomed by more than a few TV members.

it's not as much off-topic as you would believe. Muslims have become a significant or even the number one source of antisemitism in many Western countries, including Germany.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I believe the western countries as a whole, most Christians have nothing against Jews whatsoever and consider Jews as their equal countrymen.

Of course their are the ultra right wing Fascist groups, but these have been around for decades and hardly a threat to the Jewish communities.

As you say; Krataiboy, the majority of Jew hatred is perpetrated by Muslims and Muslim immigrants into the west, but Muslims hate most of us anyway. 

Anyone now who dares to speak out against their government`s immigration policies in Europe and the UK, is automatically labelled a right wing racist by the leftists and the bias media. Tommy Robinson, who I vigorously support to the point of donating money to his causes each month, as far as I am concerned represents me in his attempts to save our British culture. As for Jews in my country I don`t see them as being any different to all my fellow Englishmen, my brother married a Jewish girl. Jews have been a part of European culture since the Roman times. And BTW, discovered my great great grandmother was a Belgian Jew.

The topic is Germany. You and others are wilfully ignoring the facts of a 2017 report by German police currently the majority of anti Jewish actions are committed by right wing extremists. No surprise coming from those supporting ideocratic right wing ideology is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, manarak said:

it's not as much off-topic as you would believe. Muslims have become a significant or even the number one source of antisemitism in many Western countries, including Germany.

Look up the link for the 2017 report provided by German police.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

The topic is Germany. You and others are wilfully ignoring the facts of a 2017 report by German police currently the majority of anti Jewish actions are committed by right wing extremists. No surprise coming from those supporting ideocratic right wing ideology is it?

the significant sources of antisemitism are right wing extremists and Muslims.  it doesn't make sense to inflate one and ignore the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Look up the link for the 2017 report provided by German police.

I don't doubt the report.

Doesn't make Muslim antisemitism go away.

Also have a look at the situation in other countries such as France.

56 minutes ago, manarak said:

From the article...

While Germany has an obligation to explain to immigrants that anti-Semitism is unacceptable, Armin Laschet explains, the largest threat is posed by right-wing extremists

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, manarak said:

I don't doubt the report.

Doesn't make Muslim antisemitism go away.

Also have a look at the situation in other countries such as France.

Not claiming it does, just stating the facts.

Other countries also have a rising threat from the the extreme right wing. France has a long history of anti Jewish sentiment from the nationionalst right wing; including now. How it compares statistically with the Muslim population, don't know

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

An informed approach is something you appear to need more than I, judging by your complacency about the "creeping" Islamisatio which is already creating political and social turmoil across Europe. Do the research, rather than carping from the sidelines and sneering at sources you clearly have not even bothered to consult.

When nothing of substance to add, go on an attack, and make it personal. If "complacency" is not engaging on hyperbolic, scaremongering terms, guilty as charged. Otherwise, just the expected nothing comment. The usual calls for other to "research" (whatever that stands for in TVF standards) are dully noted.

Your post seems to indicate that your world view is, indeed, a black and white one. One needs to choose a side and adopt this or that extreme view in order to for his opinion to be acknowledged. Sorry to  disappoint, outgrew this way back.

As for the comment on sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute#Anti-Muslim_bias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute#Inaccurate_reporting

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gatestone-institute/

Edited by Morch

9 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

You're just nit-picking, as per usual. I'm not Islam/Muslim bashing, just highlighting the imprudence of importing millions of foreign anti-semites to join the home-grown variety. Oh, and please enlighten me as to which facts in my two "biased, dodgy" sources are wrong. I am sure they will happily publish corrections if you provide the evidence.

It would seem keeping  it real counts as "nit-picking". Oh well. I don't recall you being all that vocal on topic involving the "traditional" home-grown antisemitism, hence the "concern" currently expressed reads more as an extension of your standing views. See previous post for links regarding source used.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:27 PM, simple1 said:

my point was the majority of anti semitic activity as identified by German authorities originates from the far right, not from asylum seekers / refugees as inferred by the poster to whom I responded.

Yep..

They are at it again (Germans)...as are the Hungarians,Poles and Romanians..

Apparently..if they muddy the waters enough than all shall be forgiven..

Are we the baddies?

Well..yes you are=without a doubt.

Edited by Odysseus123

5 hours ago, Morch said:

When nothing of substance to add, go on an attack, and make it personal. If "complacency" is not engaging on hyperbolic, scaremongering terms, guilty as charged. Otherwise, just the expected nothing comment. The usual calls for other to "research" (whatever that stands for in TVF standards) are dully noted.

Your post seems to indicate that your world view is, indeed, a black and white one. One needs to choose a side and adopt this or that extreme view in order to for his opinion to be acknowledged. Sorry to  disappoint, outgrew this way back.

As for the comment on sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute#Anti-Muslim_bias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute#Inaccurate_reporting

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gatestone-institute/

Let's cut to the chase.

You  have totally failed to show that any of the data in the material I quoted is incorrect. 

It is not "scaremongering" or "hyperbole" to point out some of the numerous, demonstrable deleterious consequences of the Islamisation of Europe.

In the case of my homland, these include an increasing number of terror attacks (recent targets have been the Prime Minister, Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament); industrial-scale rape of British children by Muslim gangs; thousands of cases of female genital mutilation and forced marriage and - you couldn't make this up - a new demand for blasphemy laws to be used against anyone who dares to criticise Islam! 

I have grandchildren, so cannot afford to be complacent. Fortunately, this also applies to an increasing number of Brits and Europeans who are waking up belatedly to the unwelcome bi-products of mass Muslim immigration and demanding a change of policy.

For far too long, governments have taken your suggested "nuanced" approach to Muslim immigration and the seemingly hopeless tast of integration and it clearly hasn't worked. Perhaps the time is ripe for some clearer, "black and white" thinking - and appropriate action to counter further attacks on our European culture, tradition freedoms and way of life..

To quote George Bush Jr when he launched the "war on terror" (now stalking OUR streets), "You are either with us or against us".

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

You really have lost the plot with your moronic posts. Yes I do take umbrage when you post false allegations, it is not 'victimhood' to respond. You claim not to be right of centre, but some of your links and wording reflect right wing extremist ideology - you must wake up in fright every morning - LOL

I definitely would if it was the muezzin calling me to prayer.