Medical certificate for work permit

6 hours ago, Media1 said:

It's nobodies business

It's nobody's business if  someone has syphilis or how healthy someone is either when applying for a job, yet stupidly here in  Thailand it  seems a health checkup is needed and a medical certificate issued.

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

It's nobody's business if  someone has syphilis or how healthy someone is either when applying for a job, yet stupidly here in  Thailand it  seems a health checkup is needed and a medical certificate issued.

I think it is more to do with the mandatory employment insurance policy and not the 'fit for work' check. Probably it's the insurance companies who lobby for it else they have to take up any pre existing conditions. 

• 5 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 7:58 AM, duanebigsby said:

I don't know why people are paying so much for this.

I go to a clinic, give my passport, and 10 minutes later I have the signed document for 100 baht. They don't even take my blood pressure.

Can you post or dm me the name of the clinic , thanks in advance

33 minutes ago, Jeffrk8 said:

Can you post or dm me the name of the clinic , thanks in advance

Clinics are all over the place. But it would be helpful if you could explain where you are.

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Clinics are all over the place. But it would be helpful if you could explain where you are.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll be located in Nonthaburi , however I was interested in the clinic you have had experience with.

Camillian Hospital at the bottom of Soi Thonglo has testing facilities on site. If not too busy they'll have the blood work / results for you one the same day. Camillian Hospital is much more reasonably priced than Bangkok Hospital, and you get a good efficient service. I know someone here (from Samui) said go to any clinic, doctor will check your blood pressure, blah, blah, blah. Things work different down on the islands in the south. When I lived in Phuket a long time ago, I went for my medical and was simply asked, "how are you today?" I replied, "I'm fine." And he signed it off. You don't want that! Go to a proper clinic that deals with testing, or as I said, Camillian has a lab on site. Probably most of them do, but that's my hospital for the last 10 years and I have no complaints. 

On 10/7/2018 at 6:06 PM, bbi1 said:

check for syphilis but don't check for HIV/AIDS? Would've thought HIV/AIDS would be more of a health concern...

Well tertiary syphilis is end stage, and very transmissible.

HIV/AIDS is only transmitted in two ways generally , although the medications for stabilising HIV are a big expense item and often not readily available in many SE Asian countries.

I am surprised they did not give you the template for your own treating physician to complete, I had mine done in Australia when applying for my Visa

On 10/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, theghizmo said:

I think it is more to do with the mandatory employment insurance policy and not the 'fit for work' check. Probably it's the insurance companies who lobby for it else they have to take up any pre existing conditions. 

Health requirements for Visa in Australia for residency, are very intrusive especially from SE Asian countries and African nations.

I had to complete same form in Oz when applying for entry to Thailand, pretty standard

1 hour ago, Jeffrk8 said:

Thanks for the reply. I’ll be located in Nonthaburi , however I was interested in the clinic you have had experience with.

For this I normally use dr. Thiti in Chalong, simly because he is easy, cheap, always quiet and has an A/C waiting room. That is on Phuket, so quite far from Nonthaburi.

Hence my question: where?

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2018 at 7:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

That would be for getting a medical certificate in your home country when applying for a OA long stay visa.

Not the same situation as a getting one here in Thailand for s work permit, driver's license and etc.

Is it possible to get the certificate for a non o/a here in a walk in clinic rather than a government hospital? I don't want a blood test, just the signed and stamped form to use for the embassy application in the UK - would a clinic certificate rather than a hospital one be acceptable to them? 

The medical certificate that I have been using for my retirement visa application lists the same diseases but requires that the form be notarized by a Notary Public. This is very inconvenient for the doctor to go and have this form notarized.

Is this an updated medical certificate form and where can I obtain a copy of this form to print out?

I would much prefer to use this form rather than the attached form because I think that it is ridiculous to request the the doctor go to a Notary Public and have his signature notarized.    
medical_certificate.pdf
In the US, doctors offices may have a notary public.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revive this old thread. 
Does anyone have recent experience (in Bangkok) with obtaining a medical certificate for work permit from a clinic, not a hospital? (for work permit extension, not initial application)
My agent says that the labour office only accepts certificates issued by hospital now. 

Archived