why are we here in Thailand lets not forget.

KKBrian

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:03 PM, KKBrian said:

I am a new member here and as a new member I have recently read through the Forum rules.

Ah, still got the saffron glasses on :-).

You are correct about the rules, and are no doubt quite capable of using the report function if you consider the breach serious enough.

As for positive threads about LOS, you are welcome to start your own, but as I found out when I start a positive thread the haters usually come out in force, and I often have to ask a moderator to close the thread.

Enjoy LOS while you can. The honeymoon effect usually wears off after a few years. Took 20 years for it to wear off with me.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh yeah...sitting on my balcony freeballing in my shorts with a cup of coffee looking down at the Mooban streets and listing to those DAMN roosters, watching the storms rolling in over the city, walking to the market and spending a whole $2 on a fat assed dinner......

No snow!

OK, got to ask, what was that fat assed dinner you had for 2Bucks? I understand calling it a half assed dinner ahahaaa

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

OK, got to ask, what was that fat assed dinner you had for 2Bucks? I understand calling it a half assed dinner ahahaaa

Braised pork knuckle with unknown veggies, two sticky rices and a bag of sliced falang. It was actually $2.79.

Last night it was 220 baht for 'arf a grilled chicken with rice, noodle soup and ice cream (from 7-11)

Edited by Nyezhov

42 minutes ago, SammyT said:

My question would be, why are you here if the benefits don't outweigh your home country? I'd ask that question to anyone who is here. Funnily enough, among all the people who relentlessly bag Thailand on here, I've never had a coherent answer to that question. 

???? yup.

One must first find inner peace. A little healthy critique can be valuable, but negativity ad naseum reflects a troubled inner landscape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh yeah...sitting on my balcony freeballing in my shorts with a cup of coffee looking down at the Mooban streets and listing to those DAMN roosters, watching the storms rolling in over the city, walking to the market and spending a whole $2 on a fat assed dinner......

No snow!

My bedroom does have a balcony, but that is upstairs, I drink my coffee downstairs looking across the lake just outside my garden...????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

My question would be, why are you here if the benefits don't outweigh your home country? I'd ask that question to anyone who is here. Funnily enough, among all the people who relentlessly bag Thailand on here, I've never had a coherent answer to that question. Normally the answers I get are:

• Mind your own business
  • It's not as simple as "If you don't like it, leave"
  • You wouldn't understand
  • Look at you pretending to be a white knight for the Thai people
  • You'll grow to hate the place as well

For me, as soon as the cons outweigh the pros, I'll head back to my home country. 

Di I say I was there ? .

i just ask a question that’s it , I did not bag thailand, did I , no I did not .

4 minutes ago, The manic said:

They are obssessed with, 'scumbags' and their hate is aimed at recreational drug users, ladyboys, Pattaya, sexpats, etc. 

And President Trump ????????????

2 hours ago, The manic said:

A qualification is not needed to recognise flawed personalities. Spite and hate are a common feature on TV. Lonely, bitter, uneducated guys with little experience of life or travel promote their own twisted world view.  They are obssessed with, 'scumbags' and their hate is aimed at recreational drug users, ladyboys, Pattaya, sexpats, etc. They have a real loathing of people who lie Thailand.  They are losers in the party of life. Ignore them.

I see a disproportionate hatred among a few for TESL teachers here as well. Any idea of the back story behind that? The teachers seem an inoffensive bunch to me, not that I know any/many of them very well

I see a disproportionate hatred among a few for TESL teachers here as well. Any idea of the back story behind that? The teachers seem an inoffensive bunch to me, not that I know any/many of them very well

I think what you say is true. I think most of the younger teachers living/working in Thailand would not be bothered posting here. They are more interested in (trying to) having a good time in ‘the real world’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The manic said:

They are obssessed with, 'scumbags' and their hate is aimed at recreational drug users, ladyboys, Pattaya, sexpats, etc. 

Interesting. I thought it was recreational drug users (well, the drunks anyway) and sexpats doing the most complaining. 

I guess I've read too many sob stories of failed relationships...

13 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

???? yup.

One must first find inner peace. A little healthy critique can be valuable, but negativity ad naseum reflects a troubled inner landscape.

The haters are actually very lonely and possibly suffering from clinical depression.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 2:04 AM, EVENKEEL said:

OK, Thank you Thailand for allowing we to have some beers at a bar and not worry about the drive home.

You're joking right?

You should ALWAYS worry about driving ANYwhere in Thailand at ANY time.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I wouldn't term it worrying, as much as on your toes at all times.

Point Conceded. But walking isn't really protection either. ????????

Edited by RocketDog
Addition to comment
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 5:25 PM, possum1931 said:

About 60Ks. Though I don't think 10 mins would do it as Pete1980 says.

He must live next door to his immigration office.????

Maybe he lives next door to a post office?

You can't be 60km away from a post office, surely.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I wouldn't term it worrying, as much as on your toes at all times.

It’s funny we drove to Denver last week, which is roughly the same distance we used to drive from Khon Kaen to Bangkok.

Difference was we didn’t arrive stressed and frazzled like a few hours on Mittrahap....and thats before you actually start driving inside Bangkok...which I have no idea how people do that every day

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It’s funny we drove to Denver last week, which is roughly the same distance we used to drive from Khon Kaen to Bangkok.

Difference was we didn’t arrive stressed and frazzled like a few hours on Mittrahap....and thats before you actually start driving inside Bangkok...which I have no idea how people do that every day

Well that sure is comparing the same things.  Rocky mountains with New York City traffic.  Not trying to prejudice things are we?  Try comparing NYC with Bangkok although Bangkok is bigger.  Why not talk about how much a taxi costs in Denver vs Khon Kaen? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SammyT said:

My question would be, why are you here if the benefits don't outweigh your home country? I'd ask that question to anyone who is here. Funnily enough, among all the people who relentlessly bag Thailand on here, I've never had a coherent answer to that question. Normally the answers I get are:

• Mind your own business
  • It's not as simple as "If you don't like it, leave"
  • You wouldn't understand
  • Look at you pretending to be a white knight for the Thai people
  • You'll grow to hate the place as well

For me, as soon as the cons outweigh the pros, I'll head back to my home country. 

Utter nonsense.."mind your own business"

The poster was merely giving his point of view-the moment youy post on TVF you  are no longer "minding your own business"- a fact that you know very well..

Good on the new poster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

but we can change the future.

To all those out there who are visiting Thai brothels today, do the the bizo , pay and leave.

Marrying a hooker will usually end badly, and makes us high standing farangs look bad by association. It isn't good for our reputations.

Find a nice girl, there are millions of them, I recommend Amata Nakon and Amata City as good hunting grounds, not Pattaya or Patong.

I am sure that there are many exceptions, but in general i tend to agree with you.

What's that Amata Nakon and City ? Never heard that name.