why are we here in Thailand lets not forget.

KKBrian

1 minute ago, poanoi said:

yep, but do take note the thai bitching is almost exclusively on this forum alone, it gets me in a bad mood,

i dont know any forum with so much negativity,

its best to take a break from this forum once in a while to clear out negativity

Really....?  ????

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Thai language is too difficult, and those hanging wires give me the scares.

O and the footpath along Lumpini Park on Ratchadamri Road...where it is so narrow that you have to swing into the road to avoid the poles..traffic whizzing by...try being a fat guy like me and walking that, Im like a lumpy Nuryev then!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Thian said:

Speak for yourself mate. I still love Europe as well, especially during summers. Everything high standard, i love it.

I still love Europe and I go there every year for a holiday but never to the UK. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Thian said:

Speak for yourself mate. I still love Europe as well, especially during summers. Everything high standard, i love it.

Yeah, jeez.. when I came ro Thailand, I never planned on coming back to my off-grid cabin in Hawaii(county)

My weathy, girlfriend from Shasta left this life and I was flown (or blown) back to Kona, where my poor Cats were waiting in da bushes after 9 weeks.. poor babies, and a lesson learned..(some ex-pat) If I sell part of my land, I'll be back to stay, in my 70's, for good.. and take better care of my Cats!

Cheers and Aloha chin up, Boys!!

Edited by KonaRain
left out Shasta, looked silly
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If you’re coming to Thailand for a long stay it’s important to understand the pitfalls. You can certainly characterise comments on Thai Visa as critical of Thailand, not all of which I agree with, however there are many lessons to be learned if you venture here, and I’d rather learn from the mistakes of others if at all possible. 

So I’m not in favour of having a forum that only discusses the positive aspects, of which there are many. If you are planning on staying in Thailand long term do as much homework as possible and you’ll arrive with your eyes wide open and consequently have a much better experience when you get here.

Read several times a week that Prayut is a clown that the police force is a police farce, that the smiles of the Thais are only hypocrisy did not particularly help me for my eventual integration:coffee1:

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

OK. I speak pidgen thai. I live in a condo in Thonburi, maybe 5% falang here. I have more money that I know what to do with. I am a light social drinker. I have been coming here for 25 years (?)

I have never had a problem with the PoPo. I have never had a problem with an MC dude. I have never had a problem with a Taxi dude that was worth complaining about. I find the BTS, MRT, San Saeb and Chao Phraya boats as well as the SRT to be reasonably efficient and cost effective. I have never had a problem with any Thai person being rude or unfriendly to me except down south on two occasions. I find Thai folks to be happy and helpful and a lot of fun. I have never felt ripped off and could give two hoots about the fact that they charge me more for attractions. I have been satisfied with the ladies. I think the streets in Bangkok are filthy and Thai people are slobs when it comes to garbage. I think the maintenance of public areas in BKK is atrocious and the traffic horrible. I think Thai people drive like insane idiots, I would rather be in a car in Moscow or Rome, so I avoid vans. I think Walking Street in Pattaya is a rip off circus and the whole "tourist" area is disgusting. I like the fact that they cleaned up lower Suk and wish they would sterilize Soi Arab. I like Isaan food. I especially like Nong Khai and Khon Kaen and am considering staying up there. Poverty doesnt bother me, it is what it is, but I wish they would do something about the beggers. I pay no attention to their government, its their business, I am a guest. I have never been asked for a bribe so I cant comment. I wish weed was legal. I still cant figure out their cell phone system and I have grad degrees. I love the food. It pisses me off that you cant buy rubbing alcohol in my local fresh mart, you have to go to Watsons or Boots. I think the prices of imported foods are stupid, but a lot of that is due to the currency factors. It makes me nuts that it takes half an hour to do a bank deposit.

Did I leave anything out?

Yeah I did...the forking Rooster outside is still screaming since 4am. The MC drivers are insane on the tiny footpath on the Klong near my crib on market days, walking is stressfull especially at night. Thai folks are noisy. The girls have really weird feet. There are too many Chinese and Arab tourists. The touts are annoying as are the Indian tailors. I think thats it...o yeah, the AirCon has been bad at Thermae.

well. you seem to be doing well. though i wonder why you might think a fresh mart might have rubbing alcohol... many of the things you complain abt are specific to your area.... and though we surely have more roosters here in the village, you stop hearing them after a while.

keep up the good work and maybe work on the pidgin... same same is not speakung thai..  

40 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Very true. I actually found it to be so much more enjoyable and fulfilling once I relocated here. 

Im really liking the six on, six off....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

though i wonder why you might think a fresh mart might have rubbing alcohol

every supermarket in the US has it, right near the peroxide and bandaids and what not.....

Just like the Walgreens sell Ice Cream, Java Monsters and Fritos

22 hours ago, KKBrian said:

I think we should not forget why we are here

Who is this 'WE' you speak of? I don't fit in your box. I have to come here on business and not because I want to but at the request of clients. So I don't need to justify myself to anyone if I get upset and let the world know when I get screwed around for the 100th time by a corrupt immigration officer even following the letter of the law in the country. Some of them do it on purpose because they know they can and probably even get off on causing a foreigner problems. There is a thing called reciprocal diplomacy. It is a reasonable expectation if you are coming to a country that if you follow the law you should be treated with respect. If they want to break reciprocal diplomacy in how visitors to a country are treated then they better be prepared for some negative press especially when they themselves are the root cause of it. I WANT people to know this mess so they might think twice about making a bad decision or at least consider what they might be getting into and don't feel regret in the slightest for exposing and speaking out against these things. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Lol the only clowns here are the bashers. Only about 20 or so but they fight to be the first post on every thread. What a way to spend your free time

TVF is kind of like a local hole-in-the-wall bar I visited early one afternoon during a recent trip back to the US., just to see what it was like in there. 

A few wild-eyed middle-aged people and older/retiree types, mesmerized by the regurgitated 24-hour "news" cycle on the boob tube, competing to see who among them had the best zinger insults and retorts in between solving the N. Korea problem and fixing the economy.   Seemed mostly good-natured but after several more beers down their necks, suspect the bored looking bartender might have to wade in and "Moderate", possibly suspending or banning a few of the punters. 

The one thing they all agreed on was that I was Living the Dream way over here in Taiwan. ????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

I WANT people to know this mess so they might think twice about making a bad decision or at least consider what they might be getting into and don't feel regret in the slightest for exposing and speaking out against these things. 

There is a report button.

21 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Have to agree. I am also from the UK and sorry to say, my country no longer represents me. I am realistic about my status in Thailand and although try to adapt as much as possible, do realise that I`ll always be nothing more then a glorified guest, but I accept that and it`s not a problem.

Also lived in Thailand for several years and try to look on the positive side of living here. When I read posts on many of these threads, there does seem to be more negatives than positives about the Thais and Thailand and those that continuously moan and complain, have to wonder who they are, where they live and that these people must be living very miserable existences.

Although I enjoy TV unfortunately it does seem to have become synonymous for disgruntled elderly expat men that seem to totally cheesed off with everything in their lives and the world around them. They don`t seem to be contented unless they are miserable. 

Just like a local pub in the UK... 

• Haha 2