Chinese Mob at CM Immigration

Xavnel

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Not good, but not bad.

Couple of hours reading a book or playing with a phone/ipad etc.

Would have got his ticket about 8am,immigration opens for business at 9am so time for coffee or a breakfast,back at 8.50am.

10-15 minutes to do the paperwork. Wander around for an hour or so and then back to pick up passport.

Spot on. Watch a bit of Netflix and listen to music and the morning goes by quite quickly. Not sure what that looks like at the new building, but Promenada was quite good with the undercover waiting area, food and coffee selections. 

8 hours ago, Thailand said:

Yes that has always been the way for them to have a copy of the passport for whom they are acting as proxy. I guess some of those removed did not have a copy of the passport. 

300 Baht for a line sitter and you would have been out of there much quicker. You seem to spend far too much time at immigration, I go once a year.

Having a copy of a passport is easy enough.

Can't the line-sitters or opportunists use the same copy of passport for multiple days or weeks just to get a ticket number? Even though that guy's passport has already been processed days or weeks ago?

It's not fool-proof, that's why I said line-sitter or opportunists make it tougher for genuine applicants.

The only way is for line-sitters to show the original passport and not just a copy! 

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

How its gone from that to the situation they are in today is mindboggling and than8ks to idiots going there at stupid times in the mornings. 

Oh yeah sure blame it on us.

After all, if farangs had not come to Thailand in the first place there would be no issues at all at immigration!

Farang's fault!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Oh yeah sure blame it on us.

After all, if farangs had not come to Thailand in the first place there would be no issues at all at immigration!

Farang's fault!

Well yes it is SOME farnag's fault.  The ones that go there in the darkness, pay line sitters to sit out all night, and visa agents to take along 20 plus passports at once.

There is a set number of places per day.  That does not change.  If people went at the 9am opening time there would still be that set number.  But because of the rush and panic to get there at stupid early time then these people have used up the numbers for the day for the rest of us farangs.  

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

Well yes it is SOME farnag's fault.  The ones that go there in the darkness, pay line sitters to sit out all night, and visa agents to take along 20 plus passports at once.

There is a set number of places per day.  That does not change.  If people went at the 9am opening time there would still be that set number.  But because of the rush and panic to get there at stupid early time then these people have used up the numbers for the day for the rest of us farangs.  

But visa agents and line sitters are legitimate with immigration, those systems exist with the blessing of the powers that be.

Using them is playing by the rules. Those who use them pay extra for the privilege of not being rushed or panicked. 

You have a choice. Until the game changes that's the way it is. 

Up to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

But visa agents and line sitters are legitimate with immigration, those systems exist with the blessing of the powers that be.

Using them is playing by the rules. Those who use them pay extra for the privilege of not being rushed or panicked. 

They are not really legitimate. Some visa agents are connected to some of the officers there and the officer get some commission out of those agents who go through the back door. It breeds corruption.

A more legitimate way is to increase the number of efficient officers there so that the need for agents is diminished and corruption eliminated.

Else how do you explain why the residence cert needs 3 to 4 weeks to process when it's actually a very simple process?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nichopaulcnx said:

Agents paying to short cut the system is not legitimate, it's illegal to  pay an officer for favours and  is corruption.

There is an immigration complaints line for people to do exactly that why don't you take advantage of it?

Even a direct email address to the head of Chiang Mai immigration I believe.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Playing with my phone for hours, while tired from getting up at 3.30am to get to the immigration for 5am is not what I want to do to get a simple 90 day report

Smart people use the post office for that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

There is an immigration complaints line for people to do exactly that why don't you take advantage of it?

Even a direct email address to the head of Chiang Mai immigration I believe.

Most of us don't know of any immigration complaints line or the head email address.

Please post here, there might be somebody who are interested.

Does the head of CM imm. really read his emails? 

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Most of us don't know of any immigration complaints line or the head email address.

Before you file that complaint and stir up trouble be sure to let all the foreigners in your apartment building know they can expect a forethcoming investigation..

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1060648-temple-bell-ringing-complaint-leads-to-immigration-probe/

Edited by YogaVeg

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Does the head of CM imm. really read his emails? 

The chief of immigration has not advised me if he reads his emails or not.

However, that is not a problem as you can call him direct via the info here:

610401_107_dirct.jpg

I would be interested to know his response when you tell him about those agents and line sitters. as that seems to be one of your major concerns.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever been to Thai Immigration?

Is this where you now lecture us on your superior wisdom because you've been going to immigration for decades? Didn't you just say in a recent post that you were not interested in anything falangs had to say?

Are you suggesting with the irrelevant question that I snuck into the country or am a citizen?

Are you merely trolling...?

Edited by YogaVeg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

Before you file that complaint and stir up trouble be sure to let all the foreigners in your apartment building know they can expect a forethcoming investigation..

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1060648-temple-bell-ringing-complaint-leads-to-immigration-probe/

I don't have any problem with that. Immigration can check all they want. We are law-abiding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

The chief of immigration has not advised me if he reads his emails or not.

However, that is not a problem as you can call him direct via the info here:

I would be interested to know his response when you tell him about those agents and line sitters. as that seems to be one of your major concerns.

Thanks for the phone number, it might be useful in the future for the forummers here. But where's the complaints queue you quoted earlier?

One person complaining won't solve anything, it is when hundreds of people start complaining, then action will be taken. 

I don't mind if agent or line-sitter has one original passport per person but not when an agent has 20 to 30 passports in his hand or somebody selling queue numbers to people at the back of the queue.

The same goes for agents (like those come-and-go visa companies at Promenada)  who go through the back-door ie. they don't need to queue and they have 30-100  passports per day to be processed by possibly corrupt officials...

Of course, nobody is going to get the proof....so nobody is going to believe you unless you have proof.

Edited by EricTh

They really need to employ more staff , so that they can handle all the people who need extensions , without there being a need to queue .

How much is an extension ? 1900 Baht .

How many retirement , educational , tourist visa do they do per day ?

300 ?

Thats over half a million baht per day , surely they can employ three more staff (1500 Baht per day )to solve the issue ?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

They really need to employ more staff , so that they can handle all the people who need extensions , without there being a need to queue .

300 ?

Thats over half a million baht per day , surely they can employ three more staff (1500 Baht per day )to solve the issue ?

For once I agree with you. Lack of staffing has always been the problem.

1 hour ago, YogaVeg said:

Is this where you now lecture us on your superior wisdom because you've been going to immigration for decades? Didn't you just say in a recent post that you were not interested in anything falangs had to say?

Are you suggesting with the irrelevant question that I snuck into the country or am a citizen?

You are advising people what to do re Thai Immigration as in post #196 and I'm just wondering if you have ever been a Thai Immigration office anywhere and CM Thai Immigration in particular.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

300 ?

By employing more staff, at least we know that the money goes to the government and the staff rather than the agents and a few corrupt officials.

I never figured out why they need one whole day just to process and print out 10-15 residence certs per day until I figured out the 'back-door story'. It's just a standard form that can be printed by the computer. 

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

You are advising people what to do re Thai Immigration as in post #196 and I'm just wondering if you have ever been a Thai Immigration office anywhere and CM Thai Immigration in particular.

???? post #196? ???? oh dear...

You might read that again, I'm afraid it got the better of ya ????

On 10/15/2018 at 5:34 PM, YogaVeg said:

Yes he is trolling , he told me in another post he is over 80 years old , I don't believe that either.  I don't know why is trying to troll in every thread but clearly he's on a mission. 

• Thanks 1