Nine year old kid praised for inventing a cheap coin sorting device

webfact

Nine year old kid praised for inventing a cheap coin sorting device

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reporters went to a school in Pathum Thani after a Facebook post and video featured a nine year old boy who had invented a coin sorting device. 

Phurawit Thongsuksri used an old cardboard box, some acrylic and a motor and a couple of batteries for his ingenious device.

The nine year old impressed his teachers at Sathit Watakam or Innovation Demonstration School school in Thanyaburi. 

It could sort coins from one baht through to 10 baht and only cost 110 baht to make. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-09

That's obviously a horrible invention.

110B?

What is 35% of 110B?

Not even 40B "commission".

Nobody would buy such a machine in Thailand.

But maybe he can paint it, put some fancy stickers on it, and sell it for 100,000B. Then, with 35,000B commission, I am sure some officials will be interested.

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

He copied it perfectly, should I not be impressed.

Please don't be so naive,his dad probably built it.his claim that he invented it is total bs and him building it will be bs too.with Thais I tend to learn they are not as clever as I think they are.

38 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Please don't be so naive,his dad probably built it.his claim that he invented it is total bs and him building it will be bs too.with Thais I tend to learn they are not as clever as I think they are.

If the lad was serious, it looks like he's learning deceit at an early age.

Well he must have watched a few youtube videos first before he started on the "invention". 

Still , just to make a Thai student do something meaningful is rare these days. So I salute him. 

Not sure he 'invented' anything.  Reworked an old concept is more like it.  We had similar devices around when I we a kid in the 50s.  But for Thais, imitating may be the same as inventing considering innovation is in short supply.  

But nice science project for a kid his age.  The kid deserves a ribbon.

Archived